12/19/21 Gameday Bills vs Panthers Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Although he had a ton of penalties, ( that taunting was a joke, didn't even see where they got that) physically I thought he played solid, there were a few times the whole line actually looked good holding the defenders off. When Boyle came in he did good too even though he allowed that one sack , Josh was holding the ball forever and Burns finally got through.

His first holding call was him tossing a speed rusher upfield. It didn’t look like holding to me. It looked like he embarrassed a speed rusher and the ref saw it late and assumed it must have been holding. I thought that was a horrible call. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

His first holding call was him tossing a speed rusher upfield. It didn’t look like holding to me. It looked like he embarrassed a speed rusher and the ref saw it late and assumed it must have been holding. I thought that was a horrible call. 

I think that was Brian Burns. He just grabbed him and tossed him out the club. Rag dolled him. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I think that this is a more solid win than a lot of people are giving the Bills credit for. 

Stuff to work on? Sure, but how many drives were stalled out by Spencer Brown alone?  There were some miscues from Allen but he did more good than bad.  Davis looked like a legit #2 and Singletary did fairly well. 

The Bills definitely got too conservative on first/second down in the second half.  We aren't going to be a clock control team this season.

Defense held solid on 4th downs and did exactly what the scheme is supposed to do: Bend don't break.

So yeah, solid win. Keep that rolling into next week.

Not that I disagree BUT. They played a lousy Panther O. This game was closer than the score and against a better team the Bills would probably lose. I expected  them to really beat them. Maybe not necessarily a blow out but a dominating performance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Not that I disagree BUT. They played a lousy Panther O. This game was closer than the score and against a better team the Bills would probably lose. I expected  them to really beat them. Maybe not necessarily a blow out but a dominating performance. 

This game was on the edge of a Bills blowout. They stripped Newton on his one run, but the panthers recovered. They had two near picks. And Newton miraculously hung onto a ball when Obada blew him up on a sack.

It’s those types of turnovers that have caused the panthers to get demolished. Just some lucky bounces for them today, otherwise this would have been a laugher.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This game was on the edge of a Bills blowout. They stripped Newton on his one run, but the panthers recovered. They had two near picks. And Newton miraculously hung onto a ball when Obada blew him up on a sack.

It’s those types of turnovers that have caused the panthers to get demolished. Just some lucky bounces for them today, otherwise this would have been a laugher.  

Bills also got a massive break on their touchdown drive on the 3rd.

There was a personal foul (horrible call IMO) that prolonged the drive and the bills took advantage and score.

All in all it was a fairly even game. Slight edge to the bills 

Yards isn't all, but mid way through the 4th Carolina was actually out gaining the bills.

I think this should have been closer to a bills 3-7 point win margin IMO

Edited by BillsFan130

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Hope you’re right. I’m not so confident after this win as odd as that sounds. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Bills also got a massive break on their touchdown drive on the 3rd.

There was a personal foul (horrible call IMO) that prolonged the drive and the bills took advantage and score.

All in all it was a fairly even game. Slight edge to the bills 

Yards isn't all, but mid way through the 4th Carolina was actually out gaining the bills.

I think this should have been closer to a bills 3-7 point win margin IMO

That personal foul was huge. That 93 on Carolina was basically baited into it by the Bills. 

i will say that this type of game was exactly the same as the pats wins over the bills for the last 20 years. Brady and co would mess around; the Bills would sort of hang around until they did something dumb; and then the patriots would win comfortably.

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That personal foul was huge. That 93 on Carolina was basically baited into it by the Bills. 

i will say that this type of game was exactly the same as the pats wins over the bills for the last 20 years. Brady and co would mess around; the Bills would sort of hang around until they did something dumb; and then the patriots would win comfortably.

Yup. Saw a lot of that by the Jags. 

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

This was a dominating performance against one of the best pass defenses in the league. 14-31 is a dominating win in today's NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills were an injured Carolina kicker away from having that a 1 possession game. Let's not forget how fortunate Josh was that his 1st qtr fumble wasn't a scoop td for Carolina. The flag on 93 that extended our td drive was terrible. We got breaks and our OL as usual played poorly. I could care less about point differentials. This team is right now barely a playoff team. We are just not built completely to surround Josh. Beane will have his most important offseason with this organization. OL first and foremost. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

. Let's not forget how fortunate Josh was that his 1st qtr fumble wasn't a scoop td for Carolina. 

Let’s not forget that Cam Newton’s fumble that luckily went right to another Carolina player could have been a “scoop td” for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Bills were an injured Carolina kicker away from having that a 1 possession game. Let's not forget how fortunate Josh was that his 1st qtr fumble wasn't a scoop td for Carolina. The flag on 93 that extended our td drive was terrible. We got breaks and our OL as usual played poorly. I could care less about point differentials. This team is right now barely a playoff team. We are just not built completely to surround Josh. Beane will have his most important offseason with this organization. OL first and foremost. 

"The only way the Bills are scoring is with a defensive TD" 

🤡

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not the only one who commented on his mediocre play. At halftime,  Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, etc... showed several clips of Allen's poor play. I guess we see what we wanna see. 

How was Brady's game today?  Pretty mediocre huh or am I gonna get the don't compare Allen to the GOAT excuse?  I would say much more mediocre than Allens game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LDD said:

Good win against a really good D and a much improved (from 2020) Cam Newton.  I respect the hell out that dude after his effort today.  

Frazier dialed up great blitz packages today.  

D line played tough most of the day and made some huge plays at big moments by knocking down passes.  

Allen is so good that when he's not AMAZING people think he played poorly.  That's a good thing.  Only play I really didn't like was the sack when we were backed way up on 3rd down in the fourth quarter.  Looked like old Josh, scrambling, ball switching hands...scary.  I didn't even hate the INT too much.  He's a gun slinger and gun slingers gonna sling.  DB made a great read by breaking off his coverage.  

O-line got a really good push at times today, which was different.  Motor played great.  

Brown is a rookie being asked to do a lot.  5 penalties is unacceptable.  He knows that, the staff knows that, we know that.  Hopefully he fixes that.  

Play calling was good at times and terrible at others.  Loved the outside run game that was effective though.  

Good win...keep rolling. 

If we’re going to truly try to establish a running game, it has to feature outside runs. It’s where Motor & Brieda do their best work.

6 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Have the Bills ever had a ROOKIE play both tackle positions in a season?

Excellent question! Probably, but I can’t think of one right now.

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

This was a dominating performance against one of the best pass defenses in the league. 14-31 is a dominating win in today's NFL.

Maybe my expectations are too high. I saw a sloppy game where the better team couldn’t really get it going consistently. If this game was against a better team and that was the result I’d feel better; I guess I expected a more complete and consistent win. Hard to explain. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.