12/19/21 Gameday Bills vs Panthers Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

He admitted as much after the game. Cut the guy a break. He was playing a position he hadn't before, is a rookie and was playing a good D line. 

Look, I like Brown. He has the kind of attitude I want on the OL and a ton of potential..but 5 penalties is a bit excessive at the professional level. I won't apologize for saying that. 

• Agree 1

Just now, 716 said:

Look, I like Brown. He has the kind of attitude I want on the OL and a ton of potential..but 5 penalties is a bit excessive at the professional level. I won't apologize for saying that. 

And you don't have to. All I am saying is that I would be much more upset if Morse, Dawkins or Williams committed such penalties. 

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

He admitted as much after the game. Cut the guy a break. He was playing a position he hadn't before, is a rookie and was playing a good D line. 

For sure.  His 5 penalties and terrible play is 💯 on Beane for going into the season with no backup LT.  Literally didn’t even have one.  If brown was the swing tackle to start the year and Doyle is the swing tackle now…. He dropped the ball.  Make protecting Josh Allen the priority instead of leaning on Allens athleticism to bail us out every friggin play.  No player in the NFL is leaned on the way we lean on him. Give him help.

Just now, Steptide said:

Love to hear this

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

And you don't have to. All I am saying is that I would be much more upset if Morse, Dawkins or Williams committed such penalties. 

Agreed...but when has any of them committed 5 penalties in a game...solely? Combined?

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'll be an armchair psychologist and considering McDermott's paranoia about the Pats personnel during pregame warmups a few years ago, his comment saying let's not give Belichick too much credit, and his dead serious "you know who's up next?".........Belichick might be in his head.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

For sure.  His 5 penalties and terrible play is 💯 on Beane for going into the season with no backup LT.  Literally didn’t even have one.  If brown was the swing tackle to start the year and Doyle is the swing tackle now…. He dropped the ball.  Make protecting Josh Allen the priority instead of leaning on Allens athleticism to bail us out every friggin play.  No player in the NFL is leaned on the way we lean on him. Give him help.

Love to hear this

The bigger picture. I can agree with this take.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Missing their kicker and stud RB really helped the betting line today. Big contributions from Singletary, Knox, Gabe, Allen, and Obada. Defense is holding up pretty well but still getting punched in the mouth a bit too hard in the run game. 

Best part of the game imo, is going down the field and ending it with a score while killing the clock. Good team win.

• Like (+1) 3

Dak Prescott was 14/22 188 yards but had 4 TDs against the Panthers.

Mr. Elite Mac and Cheese 12/18 139 yards 1 TD 1 Int against the Panthers.

They make most QBs look average because they have a damn good defense.  Cousins had a good game against them.  Didn't see it so I won't comment on it. 

Bottom line is Josh had a really good game against a really good D.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Ouch.  Not a good sounding for Daboll. I actually thought he called a decent game today outside of a few things and Im not a Daboll fan.  McD said we were 1-4 in the red zone.  I though we were like 4-6 or something.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is from the Monday night Pats game

Ah this makes much more sense now.

Edited by Scott7975

50 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't really see Josh criticism as hate. Much of it is valid and he should be held at a high standard. Franchise QBs don't get a lot of wiggle room to play poorly. It comes with the territory. But yes he's human and the fans shouldn't expect perfection every game. 

Everyone knows what reasonable criticism looks like. But for Josh it has gone beyond that for 4 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good win against a really good D and a much improved (from 2020) Cam Newton.  I respect the hell out that dude after his effort today.  

Frazier dialed up great blitz packages today.  

D line played tough most of the day and made some huge plays at big moments by knocking down passes.  

Allen is so good that when he's not AMAZING people think he played poorly.  That's a good thing.  Only play I really didn't like was the sack when we were backed way up on 3rd down in the fourth quarter.  Looked like old Josh, scrambling, ball switching hands...scary.  I didn't even hate the INT too much.  He's a gun slinger and gun slingers gonna sling.  DB made a great read by breaking off his coverage.  

O-line got a really good push at times today, which was different.  Motor played great.  

Brown is a rookie being asked to do a lot.  5 penalties is unacceptable.  He knows that, the staff knows that, we know that.  Hopefully he fixes that.  

Play calling was good at times and terrible at others.  Loved the outside run game that was effective though.  

Good win...keep rolling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills played a good but not great game while the Panthers showed up the Bills simply were the more talented team at home. The Bills needed this win to both keep pace in the wildcard and keep their chances at a division title alive. They got the win fairly comfortably (the Panthers kicker being out was a gift too.)

10 minutes ago, BadboyBills said:

You'd think the sky was falling today around here during the game. How would you like to be the Cardinals atm? Wasn't our prettiest victory but hell I'll take it.

We know what it's like to be the Cardinals at the moment - we went through it after the bye! Actually, as they're in a better position than us, it might not be as bad for them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.