12/19/21 Gameday Bills vs Panthers Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think the PI on Wallace was weak.  Then there was one I thought Wallace should have gotten but didn't.  Unless I missed something I thought the roughing the passer on Josh getting pushed out of bounds was a bad call.  Over all I liked the refs today.  Missed some stuff.  Made some bad calls but IMO it was pretty even and that's all I ask of refs.  Call the stuff both ways.  Unlike the Tampa game getting PI after PI while our WR was mugged and one PI should have been offensive PI.

The PF was on a player who pushed a Bills player out of bounds not the push on Allen. It was a dumb lack of self control.

• Like (+1) 1

Only five pages in, but a lot of awful takes in this thread so far.

Regardless of the Panthers’ record, they have one of the best defenses in the league, including the #1 pass defense, which features two outstanding pass rushers and a still dangerous Stephon Gilmore.

Despite that, a Bills offense with backups at four out of five o-line positions (!) and a QB with a sprained foot just scored 31 points to win a game they HAD to have.

And what do I see in this thread? People complaining that we didn’t have enough style points or that Josh played a subpar game?!

Sometimes I wonder if these people are even watching the same game I’m watching.

The name of the game in the NFL is to win at all costs. We just won by 17 against a very good defense. Ask the Cardinals if they would’ve preferred an “ugly win” over what happened to them today. Sheesh.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 9

16 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Bottom line is if the Bengals win today the Bills are on the outside looking in.  Gotta beat the Pats and win out for the 3rd seed.  Lose to the Pats and win out you get the 7th seed with some help.

Have to hope the Bengals lose as much as possible.

How is that " outside looking in?"

57 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

He had 5 penalties against him!!! He had an absolutely terrible game-not really sure what you saw 

Agree. The Bills won despite Brown, not because of him. Any holding or taunting call is killer; he had four

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Disagree.  Against that D with a makeshift terrible line and the pressure he was often under, Josh made plays.  Outside of the Int he played very well today.  Don't need 300 yards to have a good performance.  A lot of QBs would have folded under the pressure back there.

I'm not the only one who commented on his mediocre play. At halftime,  Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, etc... showed several clips of Allen's poor play. I guess we see what we wanna see. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Only five pages in, but a lot of awful takes in this thread so far.

Regardless of the Panthers’ record, they have one of the best defenses in the league, including the #1 pass defense, which features two outstanding pass rushers and a still dangerous Stephon Gilmore.

Despite that, a Bills offense with backups at four out of five positions (!) and a QB with a sprained foot just scored 31 points to win a game they HAD to have.

And what do I see in this thread? People complaining that we didn’t have enough style points or that Josh played a subpar game?!

Sometimes I wonder if these people are even watching the same game I’m watching.

The name of the game in the NFL is to win at all costs. We just won by 17 against a very good defense. Ask the Cardinals if they would’ve preferred an “ugly win” over what happened to them today. Sheesh.

great post Logic....I would add the kneejerk "fire Dabol" (sic) posts 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't really see Josh criticism as hate. Much of it is valid and he should be held at a high standard. Franchise QBs don't get a lot of wiggle room to play poorly. It comes with the territory. But yes he's human and the fans shouldn't expect perfection every game. 

His line was hot garbage and many QBs would have folded. He want great but if the line isn’t close to intact next week and beyond they won’t go very far if they get a playoff berth

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

Scoreboard watching gives us something to do, I guess, but win out and we win the division.  Lose any of them and it’ll be hard to get in.  

Still a very good chance even if they fall toll short at NE next week. A lot of these teams play each other and aren’t going to win out. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not the only one who commented on his mediocre play. At halftime,  Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, etc... showed several clips of Allen's poor play. I guess we see what we wanna see. 

I can pull footage of Mahomes and Brady and any QB you want to show some average play.  The fact is Allen made the plays he needed to make and the Bills scored 31 points.  Allen had 3 TDs.  People act as if every other good QB doesn't miss passes and always make perfect decisions all game.  I say they need to watch more football because that isn't true.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Hopefully the oline, which is subpar to begin with, gets their LT and Mongo back. You, Ethan in Portland (who prophesied an epic loss and McD on the verge of being fired), and Gene1973 are among the most persistently negative posters on this board. The Bills have disappointed, partly through miscalculations in roster construction, but also because they've had some ill luck and egregious officiating that have contributed to their mediocre record. None of that makes them a bad team.

Ethan should just stay in his train wreck of a city and join a Trailblazers forum …

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think the PI on Wallace was weak.  Then there was one I thought Wallace should have gotten but didn't.  Unless I missed something I thought the roughing the passer on Josh getting pushed out of bounds was a bad call.  Over all I liked the refs today.  Missed some stuff.  Made some bad calls but IMO it was pretty even and that's all I ask of refs.  Call the stuff both ways.  Unlike the Tampa game getting PI after PI while our WR was mugged and one PI should have been offensive PI.

Yeah they were okay today overall. Definitely got away with a few and got a ticky tack call here and there. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.