Around the League: Week 15

Ridgewaycynic2013

30 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I hope this doesn't come into play, but if we lose to the Pats it's not enough to say, "Well, the Ravens are on the ropes".

The Chiefs, Pats, Colts, Chargers and Titans are virtual locks to get into the postseason. One of the Ravens, Browns, or Bengals will win the AFC North. Of the remaining two, the Bills will most likely need both to get to 8 losses if we finish 10-7 and want to get in as a WC. 

Our odds are basically a flip of a coin if we don't win out

I will let you lament with your vision of the playoff picture.

I would however recommend that you read the tie-breaker rules for multiple teams tied for a wildcard spot.

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I will let you lament with your vision of the playoff picture.

I would however recommend that you read the tie-breaker rules for multiple teams tied for a wildcard spot.

I know the rules for the tiebreaker buddy. Care for me to explain them to you?

• Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, Success said:

I mean, let's just beat the Pats.

If we get swept by the Patriots, not only do we not really deserve to make the playoffs - but we're simply not a SB caliber team.

We have ONE tough game remaining.  Gotta take it.

If the Bills go 3-1 to close the regular season and get in the playoffs, then they get exactly what they deserve. The same is true if they don’t get in. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ravens play the Bengals next week.  Then they have the Rams and Steelers.

They have a tough road to make the playoffs.

Especially if they keep going for two.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

If the Bills go 3-1 to. Lose the regular season and get in the playoffs, then they get exactly what they deserve. The same is true if they don’t get in. 

Whatever.  Just get in and anything can happen in this conference this year.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ravens play the Bengals next week.  Then they have the Rams and Steelers.

They have a tough road to make the playoffs.

I agree. Do we know if we want Bengals or Ravens to win that game ? Maybe it doesn’t matter idk. It seemed that it would be more advantageous for the Ravens to lose to LAR, just not sure about The division game. 

I believe someone mentioned this earlier, but now that the Bengals won today we should root for them against Baltimore next week.

With a victory, Cincy would be 4-1 in the division and 7-3 in the AFC which would put them in a strong position to win the division (and completes a season sweep of the Ravens). They are the last team of the 3 AFC North foes we want to be competing against for the WC.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I agree. Do we know if we want Bengals or Ravens to win that game ? Maybe it doesn’t matter idk. It seemed that it would be more advantageous for the Ravens to lose to LAR, just not sure about The division game. 

As of now it doesn't matter much.  What matters is 2 teams with the same record (currently) as the Bills and someone will lose (except tie).

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

I'd fire John Harbaugh.

You have the best kicker in the whole league.  The man kicks field goals from the moon. 

That's a second game Harbaugh has lost out of some misplaced sense of confidence or ego. 

Perhaps the xp he missed on the previous TD played into the decision

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.