Around the League: Week 15

Ridgewaycynic2013

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Honestly if I were the Ravens I would keep Huntley and not give Lamar a big contract.  Huntley is way better in the pocket.  Not only can Lamar not run forever but teams are figuring out how to contain him.

Id need to see a lot more out of Huntley.   He throws a lot of jump balls.   It works, but it can also lead to 2-3 picks per game if teams figure him out. 

That being said, as incredible as Lamar can be, I don’t think he can win consistently in the Playoffs.  Just not a good enough passer, and once his mobility diminishes, he won’t have that aspect to draw defenders into the box and power his pass game.  

Tough decision that I think they’ll eventually give in and reset the QB market by making him the highest paid QB in the league.  

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Id need to see a lot more out of Huntley.   He throws a lot of jump balls.   It works, but it can also lead to 2-3 picks per game if teams figure him out. 

That being said, as incredible as Lamar can be, I don’t think he can win consistently in the Playoffs.  Just not a good enough passer, and once his mobility diminishes, he won’t have that aspect to draw defenders into the box and power his pass game.  

Tough decision that I think they’ll eventually give in and reset the QB market by making him the highest paid QB in the league.  

Fair

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean how can they stay in a playoff spot after this week. Going into next week.

They don’t have to. Just need to be there in final week. I’m sure there’s a way to stay in it after this weeks games as they’re not all final yet. But the Bills or any other team won’t get a playoff spot because they were in it after week 15 games. 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean how can they stay in a playoff spot after this week. Going into next week.

If the Bengals and Ravens win then we'd need the Browns to beat the Raiders to keep hold of the seventh seed. If both the Bengals and Ravens lose we'll be sixth seed. If the Bengals and Browns win then we fall to eighth unless the Ravens lose.

Fox half time is awful. They keep poking fun at the AFC. What about the NFC? It’s actually annoying. And the cartoons of the player who scores a TD is so childish. I’ve never liked FOX. Remember the robots? The circle under the player during a replay looks like a video game. 

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They don’t have to. Just need to be there in final week. I’m sure there’s a way to stay in it after this weeks games as they’re not all final yet. But the Bills or any other team won’t get a playoff spot because they were in it after week 15 games. 

You are correct.  Too many think that if the Bills fall to 8 or 9 for one week that the top 7 can "win out" and keep the Bills out of the playoffs.

They don't understand that there are so many games between the top teams left to play.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.