Saturday Night Football: Colts vs Pats thread

Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I don’t know Era. Imagine him in KC, GB, Chargers, Seattle. Somewhere with a good QB. He’s doing this in Indy where no one is scared of their QB. This is the equivalent of Tennessee except Tannehill can show up occasionally. 

They have the best Run blocking OL in the league.  I don’t think he’s be any better anywhere else tbh. But that’s just my opinion. I think running behind the best guard and and C tandem in the league suits him perfectly.  Nelson, imo, will likely go down as the best guard ever next to Larry Allen 

11 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

The Colts beat the Bills soundly the last time and weather wasn’t a factor .  What’s changed in Bills or Colts lineup that makes one believe that the Bills best Indy in a re match ?

All the poster said was that they think the Bills can win. 

Of course they can.  Every game is different. The Colts can run - the Bills can pass.  If the Bills take the early lead next time, it might change the entire complexion of the game & strategy.

The Colts aren't a jaugernaut.  It would be a fairly even match-up overall.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think running behind the best guard and and C tandem in the league suits him perfectly.

They didn't have their starting center yesterday and he still went off. Having a great o-line helps but great RBs rise above the run blocking. I've seen our RBs miss opportunities that Taylor never misses. We need to upgrade the position next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

He had a right to play the ball.  He didn't have a right to make contact with the receiver prior to the ball getting there.  People need to understand the rules better..."playing the ball" or "looking for the ball" doesn't give you free reign to just do whatever you want.

I know the rule.  I disagree with your assessment.  

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They didn't have their starting center yesterday and he still went off. Having a great o-line helps but great RBs rise above the run blocking. I've seen our RBs miss opportunities that Taylor never misses. We need to upgrade the position next year.

Absolutely. I don’t think you need a great RB though. It would be nice. A great OL helps everyone 

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don’t disagree……

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's just the confidence of being behind a great Oline for so long. I'd imagine his confidence would be shot and ruined after a season here

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He had a right to play the ball.  He didn't have a right to make contact with the receiver prior to the ball getting there.  People need to understand the rules better..."playing the ball" or "looking for the ball" doesn't give you free reign to just do whatever you want.

"playing the ball" is an important part of the rule. You are correct that it doesn't give the defender carte blanche to do whatever they want, but there are only a few specific things that would still be considered to be interference if the defender is playing the ball. The Colts defender was playing the ball, did not grab arms, did not extend arm across the body of opponent, did not play through his back, no push off, and no hooking.  

ARTICLE 2. PROHIBITED ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are pass interference include, but are not limited to: (a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch; (b) Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball; (c) Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass; (d) Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and regardless of whether the player committing such act is playing the ball; (e) Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball; (f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior to the ball arriving; or (g) Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating separation. Note: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference

ARTICLE 3. PERMISSIBLE ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are permissible by a player include, but are not limited to: (a) Incidental contact by an opponent’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference. (b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball. (c) Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players, except as specified in 8-3-2 and 8-5-4 pertaining to blocking downfield by the offense. (d) Laying a hand on an opponent that does not restrict him in an attempt to make a play on the ball. (e) Contact by a player who has gained position on an opponent in an attempt to catch the ball.

I'd say the no-call last night was proper enforcement of the rules. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Few things are funnier than when a pats* fan complains about officiating.  

Lol my original post said the Colts won fair and square.. I just can’t figure out how they missed such a dangerous hit.. (it hurt both players…) The Colts played hard last night like it was the playoffs for them.. they hit hard and we’re just the better team last night.. that said the hit I am talking about needs be eliminated from the game. 

1 hour ago, Success said:

It was a good no call.  He wasn't leading w/ his helmet - he was going for the ball.

You wouldn't have made it as a Bills fan the past 20 years.

Going for the ball? Sorry you can not go THREW the receiver to get the ball that’s PI and a textbook call at that. Per the rule helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiver (or one unable to defend himself) is a personal foul.. it doesn’t say “unless you think he is going for the ball” that’s irrelevant. Mind you success if that happened to a Buffalo player you be screaming for top of a mountain it was dirty. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

He lead with his helmet! Not a shoulder a helmet. It also wasn’t a crappy thrown ball it was in his belly.. 

the receivers helmet hit the side of the defenders helmet and caused his concussion , it was a hospital pass that never should have been throw that late he put the receiver in danger.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2021 at 11:53 PM, Jeffbigalls said:

Wrong you got punched in the mouth, you lost with a QB not even throwing the balls that's getting your lunch money stolen by the bully, now I am 0-14 lifetime in the 14 times I've ever bet a bills moneyline, we will find out if I'll be 1-14 or 0-15 last time I was took these bills on the ML was against Indy. Hopefully I can end my drought. 

Well, did you end your Bills ML drought yesterday?

On 12/19/2021 at 11:49 AM, HappyDays said:

You might get a few extra yards here and there but make no mistake........there is no more dependent position on the field than RB.

Barry Sanders once had 13 carries for 0 yards in a playoff game.

Derrick Henry last two playoff games(both losses):

18 for 40 yards

19 for 69 yards (and -8 receiving yards)

Having a star RB in today's game takes the ball out of the most impactful player's hands too often.   

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Do you still say this?

Absolutely.   Reich's issue is Wentz.  He's a fantastic game planner and play caller.

4 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Do you still say this?

How do you think Daboll would do with Wentz?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.