Saturday Night Football: Colts vs Pats thread

Big Blitz

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not liking no Kelly.  At all.

I have zero read on this game.  But yea I'm rooting for the Colts.  

No Harris 

I'm still pretty surprised the Colts didn't move Marlon Mack at the deadline. Seemed to be suitors. 

I have Stevenson from the Pats starting on both my fantasy teams. He's a tough runner. 

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m playing Stevenson but only because Harris is hurt. I worry he will fumble early and never see the field again. 

I lost CMC and now Mitchell.

Have Wilson and Penny now in round 1

I'm very tempted to go Bolden over one of them and the fact I'm not sure who is telling me to hold off 

If I had to pick one to sit it would be Penny due to lack of ppr

Just now, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I'm really excited about this game but my god the fellating of Mac Jones we're about to witness. I don't know if I can take much of it. I hope he fails quickly.

Hate to say it...but it's fair from over, too.

He likely takes RoY. I would vote for Ja'Marr Chase, myself. QBs fair better for awards typically and Jones has "managed" the Patsies to the division lead (thus far)

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I'm really excited about this game but my god the fellating of Mac Jones we're about to witness. I don't know if I can take much of it. I hope he fails quickly.

Hey, Mac & Cheese had a 100% completion rate in the first half of the Bills game. Pretty impressive...

(psst... yes, while technically true, that is a joke. he threw exactly one pass in the entire first half of that game.)

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Hate to say it...but it's fair from over, too.

He likely takes RoY. I would vote for Ja'Marr Chase, myself. QBs fair better for awards typically and Jones has "managed" the Patsies to the division lead (thus far)

Rookie/young QBs get "figured out" in that other teams start to sell out for what you do well. The trick for taking the next step is showing them that you do other things well too. Some QBs can, some can't.

I hope Mac Jones fails in that step. He definitely got some respect. The beginning of this game is going to be awful though. I hope he throws many terrible interceptions

There is actually no way whatsoever that Jones lives up to his hype so far.

He has played competent football. And it's some sort of consensus that he'll be as good or better than Brady.

Lots of pressure on that rook.  Trying to replace the GOAT, and already being hyped to the moon.  My own prediction is that we'll end up seeing more of a Leaf-type trajectory than Brady.

But I wish him well.

Jones is in a great situation.  BB surrounding him with a very good offensive line, a solid run game, a great defense, strong ST, and game planning that is top notch.  

The key is to get a lead and take away the Pats* run game. The Bills didn’t do either one despite being home in bad weather. I hope the Colts get the lead early, shut down the run, and force Jones to be a QB.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.