The View From Charlotte, NC

JY422

Lifetime Bills fan here. 
Born and raised in western NY. 
Charlotte resident since ‘99.

In the interest of full disclosure, the Panthers are my 2nd fav team. But they are a million miles distant from my passion for the Bills. 

With that said let me just tell you I haven’t talked to a single charlotte resident who thinks the Panthers have a snowball’s-chance-in-Carolina this week. 
We all had high hopes for a matured, humbled, and improved Cam to give us a feel-good story in his return to Carolina. 
It took about 5 quarters of football for all the “feel-good” to turn to “frustration” like a Trent Edwards check down on 3rd and 12. 
When Christian Mac got shelved for the 2nd year in a row everyone jumped ship. 
To say that Charlotte knows nothing about being a football town is an understatement. 
The only bit of energy coming from any fans I talk to is regarding the Diggs / Gilmore matchup. Gilmore is somewhat of a hometown kid having played just across the SC border in high school. He’s been a great fit for this panthers D and his status as a former Bills star makes the storyline even better. 

I see this one getting out of hand early in favor of the Bills. Carolina’s D is strong but the Bills are pissed and they ain’t messin’ around with a close game to an inferior opponent. I see McD & Frazier switching things up some this week and playing a bunch of press man and blitzing a good bit in the first half. Cam & Walker can’t handle pressure. 

When it’s all said and done I’m predicting a happy south charlotte household at around 4:15 Sunday afternoon. 

34-10 Bills

• Like (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

What ever happened to Cam Newton?  The Panthers were smart to let him go...

Agreed. And he would not have been brought back if Darnold didn’t get hurt. It was basically a desperation move and a PR ploy. 

Edited by JY422
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JY422 said:

Lifetime Bills fan here. 
Born and raised in western NY. 
Charlotte resident since ‘99.

In the interest of full disclosure, the Panthers are my 2nd fav team. But they are a million miles distant from my passion for the Bills. 

With that said let me just tell you I haven’t talked to a single charlotte resident who thinks the Panthers have a snowball’s-chance-in-Carolina this week. 
We all had high hopes for a matured, humbled, and improved Cam to give us a feel-good story in his return to Carolina. 
It took about 5 quarters of football for all the “feel-good” to turn to “frustration” like a Trent Edwards check down on 3rd and 12. 
When Christian Mac got shelved for the 2nd year in a row everyone jumped ship. 
To say that Charlotte knows nothing about being a football town is an understatement. 
The only bit of energy coming from any fans I talk to is regarding the Diggs / Gilmore matchup. Gilmore is somewhat of a hometown kid having played just across the SC border in high school. He’s been a great fit for this panthers D and his status as a former Bills star makes the storyline even better. 

I see this one getting out of hand early in favor of the Bills. Carolina’s D is strong but the Bills are pissed and they ain’t messin’ around with a close game to an inferior opponent. I see McD & Frazier switching things up some this week and playing a bunch of press man and blitzing a good bit in the first half. Cam & Walker can’t handle pressure. 

When it’s all said and done I’m predicting a happy south charlotte household at around 4:15 Sunday afternoon. 

34-10 Bills

How’s Derrick Brown doing?  He was an absolute beast at Auburn…

17 minutes ago, mannc said:

How’s Derrick Brown doing?  He was an absolute beast at Auburn…

He won’t be doing anything against the Bills tomorrow. He’s on the Covid list. 
he’s had a good but underwhelming 2nd season so far. Wouldn’t say he’s a disappointment but there isn’t much buzz surrounding him either.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Might, but there are always guys playing for contracts….. and any potential FAs on the Panthers might see a Bills game as a job interview. 

As I’ve said in another thread, The Panthers don’t have second or third round pick next year. 
    They also don’t have a QB or O line.

There will be trades to be made. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.