Deion Flips Number 2 Recruit from FL St. to Jackson St.

aristocrat

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/32875645/deion-sanders-flips-no-2-overall-college-football-recruit-travis-hunter-florida-state-jackson-state-national-signing-day

So essentially Deion is using his connections with Barstool and Penn to help in the NIL department. FSU fans are burning his jerseys and whatnot.  Score one for the little guy

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/16/2021 at 10:12 AM, aristocrat said:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/32875645/deion-sanders-flips-no-2-overall-college-football-recruit-travis-hunter-florida-state-jackson-state-national-signing-day

So essentially Deion is using his connections with Barstool and Penn to help in the NIL department. FSU fans are burning his jerseys and whatnot.  Score one for the little guy

It does even the playing field when you can openly buy recruits as opposed to the secretive buying of recruits that has been confined to shady boosters in the past. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

sounds like Dieon was saying the player is not being paid.  Seems like he sold him on the HBCU angle.  

That is a really really hard angle to sell on a kid.. who has 30 + major division 1 scholarship offers 

It's going to be tough for him to reach his full potential with the limited resources

• Agree 1

On 12/18/2021 at 4:22 PM, RyanC883 said:

sounds like Dieon was saying the player is not being paid.  Seems like he sold him on the HBCU angle.  

Yea, it sounds like Fl st started that rumor to throw make them look good but if the kid just wanted money I am sure Fl state has at least a booster or two that could get the kid money.   The kid can always transfer as well

On 12/18/2021 at 4:22 PM, RyanC883 said:

Travis Hunter gave a pretty good reason why he went with JSU. The kid is a CB and he has a chance to be coached by one of the legends at that position.

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I doubt it. He might even be wearing Crimson LOL!!!

Interesting how you flipped a top recruit shunning a major college football program for a smaller program into transferring to a major program a year or two out.  What's your rationale? 

FTR,  I'm not a big college football fan, but paid more attention this season. The Travis Hunter decision is intriguing. Seems like it could be a big deal.

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He'll follow Deion to his next gig.

That is a real possibility.

But that assumes Deion will be moving up in the next 2 years, and could depend on where Deion ends up going.

We will find out within the next couple of years though.

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Interesting how you flipped a top recruit shunning a major college football program for a smaller program into transferring to a major program a year or two out.  What's your rationale? 

FTR,  I'm not a big college football fan, but paid more attention this season. The Travis Hunter decision is intriguing. Seems like it could be a big deal.

I didn't say that I am sure it will happen; I was just broaching the possibility. 

When push comes to shove, many players want to play on the big stage. Henry To'o To'o is a prime example. He could have stayed at Tennessee but their program is floundering, and has been for some time. Now he is calling signals at Alabama and imo, would be an interesting draft pick at ILB. He already got great exposure (the SEC Title Game vs. GA) and is headed for the playoffs. Scouts and GMs obviously watch these games.

I'm not sure if you caught this but Alabama recently signed former LSU Cornerback Eli Ricks from the portal, and he is at least in the top 5 corners in the NCAA. They also just signed an excellent RB in Jahmyr Gibbs from Georgia Tech. 

Btw Saban wasn't a fan of the tranfer portal and warned that the rich would get richer.  He tends to know what he is talking about. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.