Mckittrick: Isaiah McKenzie offensive package utilization

Hermes

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but against the Bucs McK was active; specifically on offense, rather than, special teams. 

This is a clear indication of the Bills perceived use of him heading down the stretch. McDermott clearly wanted to send him a message about ball security by benching him on STs for two games. This allows him to channel that extra energy and unleash it on offense for a 2021 Superbowl run. There were countless times they set him in motion and looked the other way. Indicating to me that the would like to see those plays come to fruition when it truly matters.

In a sense the Bills are counting on Mckittrick to help win them a Superbowl!

Edited by Hermes
Mr Weo
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I hope they let McKenzie return again he honestly seemed to do better than the rookie has been doing.

I think so too.. I will say I thought Stevenson appeared to have more breakaway speed though. When he decided to go it was like lightning in a bottle. But it seemed to take him too long to actually decide when to go so he got caught up in the mix.  I'm not sure Mckittrick would hold that job past this year 

3 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Agreed, it's lame and disrespectful. 19 is way under-utilized in this offense.

Obviously I'd never call him that in public but I think on the boards it's the perfect thing to call him. When I'm watching the games at home I'm always rooting for 'McKittrick' instead of McKenzie when he's on the field.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Hermes changed the title to Mckittrick: Offensive package utilization
1 hour ago, Hermes said:

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but against the Bucs McK was active; specifically on offense, rather than, special teams. 

This is a clear indication of the Bills perceived use of him heading down the stretch. McDermott clearly wanted to send him a message about ball security by benching him on STs for two games. This allowed him to channel that extra energy and unleash it on offense for a SB run. There were countless times they set him in motion and looked the other way. Indicating to me that the would like to see those plays come to fruition when it truly matters.

What are you talking about?  When was this "SB run" for which he was "allowed to channel that extra energy" ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

This is a clear indication of the Bills perceived use of him heading down the stretch. McDermott clearly wanted to send him a message about ball security by benching him on STs for two games. This allows him to channel that extra energy and unleash it on offense for a 2021 Superbowl run. There were countless times they set him in motion and looked the other way. Indicating to me that the would like to see those plays come to fruition when it truly matters.

i do think having him focus on WR will be better for the team. 

But if he is out there, shouldn’t he get the ball? I don’t think he was targeted once or had one jet sweep or touch against the Bucs. 

• Agree 1

You can't ignore his fumble history. 4 his rookie year. His fumble this season was completely untouched. Daboll is running out of time to figure out a role for him. I liked him on the occassional jet sweep but we ended that. He rarely uses him in down field routes. And he's a waste as a decoy man in motion behind the RB. Either at least give him one last shot at returns or cut him loose.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You can't ignore his fumble history. 4 his rookie year. His fumble this season was completely untouched. Daboll is running out of time to figure out a role for him. I liked him on the occassional jet sweep but we ended that. He rarely uses him in down field routes. And he's a waste as a decoy man in motion behind the RB. Either at least give him one last shot at returns or cut him loose.

That type fumble is highly unlikely to ever happen again. It was basically a freak accident. I would have been more concerned if he fumbled after being hit. He hasn’t done that in years! Terrible how fringe players get treated when they make a mistake. Diggs could fumble on back to back plays and wouldnt be benched for more than a series!

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

That type fumble is highly likely to never happen again. It was basically a freak accident. I would have been more concerned if he fumbled after being hit. He hasn’t done that in years! Terrible how fringe players get treated when they make a mistake. Diggs could fumble on back to back plays and wouldnt be benched for more than a series!

Fringe players have been treated like that since sports began. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Who's McKittrick?

I know you're referring to McKenzie, but who's McKittrick?

Amplifying this, what is the story to this?

Uninformed TBD poster?

Clueless media type?

Heartwarming story of a senile HS football coach?

How did he get that moniker?

11 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Amplifying this, what is the story to this?

Uninformed TBD poster?

Clueless media type?

Heartwarming story of a senile HS football coach?

How did he get that moniker?

It's a mystery wrapped inside of an enigma. Only known by an elite few here at TWS, the rest of us can only provide musings at the origin of this one

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i do think having him focus on WR will be better for the team. 

But if he is out there, shouldn’t he get the ball? I don’t think he was targeted once or had one jet sweep or touch against the Bucs. 

Yeah, I think he had one sweep and was just a decoy on maybe a few other plays. It makes no sense to me because in the limited action we've seen, he's been a playmaker when he does get the ball on those plays. Not that he's incredibly shifty, making people miss left and right, but he's good at seeing the creases in the defense and getting there before they close up. He looks to have pretty average hands and I can't comment on his route running prowess but it seemed like he got open well enough when the Bills used him more last year. We have know clue what the coaches see in practice though so we don't have the full picture

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Daboll needs to scheme up about 5-7 touches for him per game. He's dangerous with the ball in his hands and can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. Then when you use him as a decoy the defense actually bites on it for another 5-7 plays a game. Honestly I'd rather him have touch the ball than Breida on offense. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.