Do the Bills have any 2007/2011 Giants playoff run in them?

Another Fan

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Well, I am not looking past the Falcons or even the Jets for that matter.  

But maybe yesterday’s game really gets the team on that hot streak needed for playoffs 

I feel like the failed fake punt against the Bucs was the low point of the season. 

It's always darkest before the dawn... They scratched and clawed their way back after that play. And while they ultimately lost in OT against the defending Super Bowl champs, it set up a 4 game season needing to win out.

We went on an 8 game win streak after the Hail Murray last year. The Bills have an opportunity to match that streak this year. 

46 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Well, I am not looking past the Falcons or even the Jets for that matter.  

But maybe yesterday’s game really gets the team on that hot streak needed for playoffs 

It does seem like the Bills are starting to get hot at the right time of the year.  The most encouraging sign for me is yesterday was the best the O-line has looked all season.  Things do look interesting all of a sudden.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:58 PM, That's No Moon said:

I have some unique investment opportunities you may be highly interested in.

Can the rest of us get in? I just got off a call and am expecting a multi-million dollar deposit into my bank account. It should be in once the draft charge clears my credit card. :D 

IF the Bills are to make a deep playoff run like the Giants in 07 and 11 then a few things have to come together in my opinion. 

1- Win the division. I am not looking past a decent Falcons team and a Jets team that while not great is still an NFL team capable of an upset. Having a home playoff game to start things out is critical in the playoffs. 

2- Hitting the right matchups. Football is one and done so the Bills would likely want to avoid teams that they don't matchup with well. The only teams that really "scare" me in the AFC are the Colts (just a matchup nightmare in my opinion) and the Chiefs. Not matching up with the Colts in the playoffs and not seeing KC until a AFCCG rematch might be the best path. 

3- Good luck with Covid and injuries. Covid is a B word. Not having a major outbreak is going to be a major factor in the playoffs sadly. Injuries as usual are also going to be a factor before and during the playoffs. 

If they can have those three factors going then it is just a matter of getting some good calls and playing hot at the right time. 

I think we are a bit opposite of those Giants teams and similarly "hot at the right time" teams like the 2012 Ravens. Those defenses were playing out of their minds and waited for iffy QB's to get hot. 

Josh Allen is near the top of the MVP odds for the second consecutive year. He is as good as any QB in the league right now. The defense has been very good but also very vulnerable at times. If any unit were to get hot for us heading into the playoffs I hope it the DL starts to play lights out like those Giants DL's. 

This team is good enough on any day to beat any team in the league. 

Not sure about a similar run to the Giants, but they could definitely go on a run.

Let's be honest, last year's playoff run was nice, but our offense didn't play particularly well. Any defense-related issues aside, the offense looked out of sync even in wins.

If they tidy that up, there's no doubt they can reach the Super Bowl. Part of the reason we've managed to put up so many points despite poor redzone production is the sheer amount of golden opportunities the defense gifts us. Whether it's extra possessions off turnovers, multiple 3 & out stops, pushing opponents backwards, etc. leading to great starting field position & a short distance to within FG range.

If the offense can play even close to their potential, 30+ points a game, even in the playoffs against the best competition, is perfectly doable. That's the difference I want to see this year. When you beat the hyped Patriots #1 defense by double digits & hang 30+ on them, you know damn well you can win against anyone. Take it one game at a time, drop another 30+, proceed to the next victim 😁

They can, if:

* Stop the run

* Generate a pass rush 

* Fix their Red zone woes 

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Not sure about a similar run to the Giants, but they could definitely go on a run.

Let's be honest, last year's playoff run was nice, but our offense didn't play particularly well. Any defense-related issues aside, the offense looked out of sync even in wins.

If they tidy that up, there's no doubt they can reach the Super Bowl. Part of the reason we've managed to put up so many points despite poor redzone production is the sheer amount of golden opportunities the defense gifts us. Whether it's extra possessions off turnovers, multiple 3 & out stops, pushing opponents backwards, etc. leading to great starting field position & a short distance to within FG range.

If the offense can play even close to their potential, 30+ points a game, even in the playoffs against the best competition, is perfectly doable. That's the difference I want to see this year. When you beat the hyped Patriots #1 defense by double digits & hang 30+ on them, you know damn well you can win against anyone. Take it one game at a time, drop another 30+, proceed to the next victim 😁

In the 1st match up the Bills were 1 of 4 in TDs in the Red Zone and they lost 14-10

In the return contest, the Bills went 4 of 7 in TDs in the Red Zone and they beat 33-21

They fix their red zone hiccups there is no one to stop this offense.   Their red zone offense is self inflicted (irrespective of the quality of defense)

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna bump the thread again with winning the AFC East.

The thing I can now draw a parallel with that 07 Giants team is they beat their division rival the Cowboys that year in the playoffs.  Ya know the That’s my QB game.  It was the Giants/Cowboys first playoff match ever as well.  Giants pulled out the upset.

Xs and Os aside imo that game gave the Giants a lot of confidence.  If the Bills beat the Patriots Saturday in their first playoff match ever…. I see that being a massive confidence builder.  It won’t slay 20 years of demons but I can see the we got it now belief in the team 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.