Bills opponents called for defensive holding only twice all year on more than 500 dropbacks. How is this even possible?

Big Turk

This doesn't even make sense...how the hell can the Bills be called multiple times a game it seems, but opponents never do, unless it's Xavien Howard apparently since he has gotten called for defensive holding  once each game against the Dolphins and is the only player to have gotten called for it against us?  Seems like multiple times a game Bills WRs are getting manhandled with no calls...is this a concerted effort by the NFL officials??

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Big Turk changed the title to Bills opponents called for defensive holding only twice all year on more than 500 dropbacks. How is this even possible?

https://torontosun.com/sports/krykslants-just-one-opposing-defender-all-season-has-been-flagged-for-defensive-holding-vs-the-bills

In fact, the only opposing defender in Buffalo’s 13 games to be flagged for defensive holding is Xavien Howard of the Miami Dolphins, once on each occasion the two teams played, in October and November.

That’s over 13 games.

One defender. Twice.

6 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

League Against buffalo success….

I don't want to seem like a conspiracy theorist but I mean...I am not sure what else to think...it's almost impossible to imagine how this is possible unless the league has given the refs some sort of directive, especially considering how egregious some of the  non-calls have been.  Kind of reminds me of Hughes never getting any calls although he gets held on nearly every pass rush, some of them just amazingly obvious right in front of the refs and no flags.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

For reference, here are the Bills stats vs. teams many consider to be favorites for the NFL (WWE).

Buffalo Pass Attempts: 502
Defensive Holding: 2
Def. Pass Interference: 9

KC Pass Attempts: 519

Def. Holding: 15
Def. Pass Interference: 2

NE Pass Attempts: 394
Def. Holding: 3
Def. Pass Interference: 12

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

For reference, here are the Bills stats vs. teams many consider to be favorites for the NFL (WWE).

Buffalo Pass Attempts: 502
Defensive Holding: 2
Def. Pass Interference: 9

KC Pass Attempts: 519

Def. Holding: 15
Def. Pass Interference: 2

NE Pass Attempts: 394
Def. Holding: 3
Def. Pass Interference: 12

So you mean to tell me defenders are holding and committing DPI on NE's trash receivers more than they are holding Diggs, Sanders and Beasley? On far fewer attempts?? 

As Randy Moss would say...

"C'mon Man!!!"

As George Foreman once said when presented with how a huge underdog could potentially win a boxing match against his heavily favored opponent and asked if he thought it was plausible...

"I'd buy a cheeseburger, but I wouldn't by that."

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

So you mean to tell me defenders are holding and committing DPI on NE's trash receivers more than they are holding Diggs, Sanders and Beasley? On far fewer attempts??  As Randy Moss would say...

"C'mon Man!!!"

The stats include TEs, and you have to consider that they run a totally different passing offense.  I have to wonder if all of that play action they run has an effect on whether or not DB's have that "oh sh't" factor and grab the receiver after falling for the fake.  Just postulating, but I think that may play a significant role.

• Like (+1) 1

The Pegulas need to take this information, along with the screen captures of Diggs jersey being pulled off him, to the league offices.  Demand a meeting with Goodell and ask for an explanation.  They have to make it known that they too have spent billions of dollars and support they league, so they too need to be treated fairly by the league’s officials. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

People please stop with this over used term "conspiracy".  The NFL must have a means to steer games. They do it thru their hand picked controlled refs. It's not a conspiracy but a business model. It's been going on for years. Players like Brady get protection because of the revenue they generate. Wake up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, P Riv said:

The stats include TEs, and you have to consider that they run a totally different passing offense.  I have to wonder if all of that play action they run has an effect on whether or not DB's have that "oh sh't" factor and grab the receiver after falling for the fake.  Just postulating, but I think that may play a significant role.

We run play action a ton as well, and before you say something about us not running the ball well, it has already been shown via numerous studies and analytics that running the ball well is of no consequence to whether play action is effective or not...there is simply no way in the world that teams are holding their receivers more than the Bills receivers...and our TE is probably having as good or better a year then either of theirs is.

Edited by Big Turk

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

The Pegulas need to take this information, along with the screen captures of Diggs jersey being pulled off him, to the league offices.  Demand a meeting with Goodell and ask for an explanation.  They have to make it known that they too have spent billions of dollars and support they league, so they too need to be treated fairly by the league’s officials. 

Exactly what I said after the game. My first thought was McD should bring it up in the PC and take the fine, but that's only going to put more of a target on the Bills by these bozos. Pegula needs to get the data together and raise hell to NFL brass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.