Pass interference calls/non calls

Hermes

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

For once, JUST ONCE! I'd like to be on the other end of the conversation when an opposing fan says, " There bad calls in every game, DEAL WITH IT! Good teams overcome them.

I'd love to say that to another fan of a game that got shafted by the refs while playing the Bills instead of the other way around. 

True good teams overcome bad officiating. However, I think this game was different. The Bills were playing the reigning Super Bowl champs on their home field with the greatest QB in NFL history. They aren't the better team. As a result, the Bills couldn't not overcome the blatant missed calls or incorrect calls of the refs. Especially, missed PI penalties on both sides of the ball. Clearly, the refs played a huge role in the outcome of the game. The Bills got screwed by almost every account. Sure they could have scored at the start of OT. I contend it should have never gotten to OT because of the Diggs non call. Then in OT, Evans was the one who committed PI. Perhaps, I am crying... Allen and the Bills deserved the win and it was taken away from us by the refs not Brady.  That leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. 

8 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't see many Bucs games but I'm curious how often they are allowed to get away with that much holding. They got away with it a lot in the Super Bowl but KC got away with it against Bills in AFCCG. Anyway it's beyond frustrating..

The incorrect DPI against Wallace jogged my memory.  In the first game of this season, the Bucs played the Cowboys in Tampa Bay.  The Cowboys were leading by a point late in the game.  Brady threw a long pass to Godwin along the left sideline (I think this is what jogged my memory), Godwin pushed off egregiously without there being an OPI penalty called, Godwin caught the ball, and the Bucs were in position to kick a FG to win at the very end.  Whooo, Brady, what a guy.  But if that penalty had been called as it should have been, the odds were that the Bucs never get into FG range, and lose the game.

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

For once, JUST ONCE! I'd like to be on the other end of the conversation when an opposing fan says, " There bad calls in every game, DEAL WITH IT! Good teams overcome them.

I'd love to say that to another fan of a game that got shafted by the refs while playing the Bills instead of the other way around. 

Only game I've ever felt that was the 1998 San Francisco game.  Hang in there we are due for another one sometime this century.

11 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't see many Bucs games but I'm curious how often they are allowed to get away with that much holding. They got away with it a lot in the Super Bowl but KC got away with it against Bills in AFCCG. Anyway it's beyond frustrating..

Expect to see more of this crap when we play New England again, you can count on it!

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Hermes said:

You know what I get it. I've played sports at high levels throughout my life, rugby, not Football, but man even if it takes getting a penalty do something. Diggs reacted enough to get his hands out to look for a call, he could've done something else at that point too, no?

Your knowledge of sports leads me to believe that you didn’t play sports at a “high level”. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Say what you will about the game but the bottom line is the refs controlled the outcome. Tampa getting away with illegal men down field, chop blocks, pass interference both on D & offensively, etc……. They were mugging our guys all night. We were penalized more than double the yards they were & unjustifiably so. NFL is putting out a garbage product! 

16 hours ago, TAinLA said:

Expect to see more of this crap when we play New England again, you can count on it!

This is all part of the NFL's ability to guide games any direction they want. KC was allowed to hold against us in the afccg. The shield desperately needed Mahomes in the SB. Then Lord Brady commands all the calls so the NFL shuts down KC's ability to hold. Do you see a pattern here.  Brady is Jordan. And he'll be carried across the finish line just like Jordan. Belichick will have the same fate. The NFL is as fake and choreographed as the WWF.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.