Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Josh will play on Sunday.  

With luck, the game will be out of reach by the 3rd quarter and they can sit and rest him after having only played, more or less, a half game.  That would be a real luxury right now.

Hopefully this happens, and even better, hopefully he doesn't need to run (either in the pocket or out of the pocket) and we put the game out of reach early 2nd half.

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Hopefully this happens, and even better, hopefully he doesn't need to run (either in the pocket or out of the pocket) and we put the game out of reach early 2nd half.

When has Josh played this season without doing a remake of "run for your life", either to evade pressure and pass, or to make yards himself?

Josh will play 100%. He’s not sitting out with a sprained foot.

Gabe Davis will have re-emerge and split time with Sanders if his knee recovers. Loved Sanders early in the year but he’s faded as the season has progressed. He can be effective in the playoffs if we get there.

IF we see the second half of Tampa team, we will make a deep run in the playoffs. Something clicked and it wasn’t gameplay specific, it was an attitude adjustment.

IDK O-line play that well, but Dawkins has been playing better, Brown can be a dominating RT, which means we have 3 interior line spots to improve. No way Beane doesn’t go big and nasty on the interior this offseason in a combo of FA and draft. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, nucci said:

when has that ever happened?

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When has Josh played this season without doing a remake of "run for your life", either to evade pressure and pass, or to make yards himself?

Without looking it up, my guess is never/not once...but I did say hopefully (as in, I hope I win the lottery...yes it hasn't happened and likely won't but I sure do hope it does) :)

2 hours ago, wppete said:

I say we rest Josh get him back fully healthy and give Mitch the reps. 

Don't have that luxury.  

I hope the score gets out of hand and we can "rest" him that way, before he plays a full game.

I'm thinking of the 35-0 Miami game or something like that.

One of the things I’m most curious about this week is Gabe Davis taking on a bigger role. Last year, I think most would agree our best offensive performances were after the bye. What happened? Davis started with an injured Brown. Second half of TB game? Offense comes alive. I don’t think Davis is some elite receiver but it is funny that our best offensive performances seem to be when he is on the field more

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

One of the things I’m most curious about this week is Gabe Davis taking on a bigger role. Last year, I think most would agree our best offensive performances were after the bye. What happened? Davis started with an injured Brown. Second half of TB game? Offense comes alive. I don’t think Davis is some elite receiver but it is funny that our best offensive performances seem to be when he is on the field more

Just say it, he's better for this team E Sanders. He and Josh have a good chemistry, and Davis is bigger and stronger that Sanders.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Geez, Dawkins, wasn't that a need for a bunch of other games?

one thing i've noticed, dawkins looks a bit sloppier this season, williams looks tubby (but i recall him being a bit of a funster last season too) and most of all ford looks like he's eating himself into an early grave.

i know covid and injuries and such all contribute, but ford looks like he's fighting a free safety sized belly every time he changes directions.

2 hours ago, colin said:

one thing i've noticed, dawkins looks a bit sloppier this season, williams looks tubby (but i recall him being a bit of a funster last season too) and most of all ford looks like he's eating himself into an early grave.

i know covid and injuries and such all contribute, but ford looks like he's fighting a free safety sized belly every time he changes directions.

Yeah, when there were pictures of Dawkins showing up for OTAs a bunch of us were like "if the Bills didn't ask him to gain all that - Sheesh!".

Then there's Feliciano who went in the opposite direction and "got skinny" (apparently also without requests to do so from the Bills)

Now we learn Spencer Brown can lose 7 pounds overnight and needs to wake up at 2 am to drink calorie shakes to avoid this.

Our OL is like freakin' Jack Sprat and his Wife from the children's rhyme

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.