Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Favorite Q from the Josh Allen interview from John Wawrow, something to the effect of "Knowing you and your competitive nature, I'm sure that you believe if you can walk out on the field then you can play, is that a fair assessment?"  Josh: "That is a very fair assessment."

But what everyone REALLY wants to know is.......

What was Wawrow wearing?

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea watching that I was wondering if he had the speed to turn the corner on that play…guess we’ll never know.  We’ve actually been pretty decent running the football this year but some of these afc teams are just built perfectly to pound the run that we pale in comparison.  Every week when I see the top rbs stats compared on the ESPN game preview I am surprised by how many yards singletary has lol 

Its not that we can't run the football. We choose not to.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

They being we look like some half-assed minor league arena football team wearing our red PJ's the BUFFALO BILLS. But if they win the game then who will care. That is the only thing that really matters.

When we wear the all red with white tops we look like ketchup bottles.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

A team whose front 4 struggles getting to the QB shouldn’t have the luxury of spending a 2nd round pick on a DE that they plan to redshirt. That is a complete waste of resources. 

Reminds me of the guy Rex drafted in round 1 or maybe 2 that was injured and didn't play his first season.  A defensive lineman too.

Edited by reddogblitz

On 12/15/2021 at 12:57 AM, Greg S said:

I think Allen will play. He reminds me of Kelly with his toughness and will play thru pain. If Trubisky has to play its not the end of the world. He has a lot of experience as a starter and he is capable of playing well. It's not like we would be throwing some useless scrub out there who would have that "deer in the headlights" look and wouldn't know what to do.

If Trubisky does play, I would be fairly confident that he would be a better version in a Buffalo jersey than a Chicago one. 

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The bigger question is why they still insist on giving Addison and Hughes so much playing time still at this point of the season when it's clear they are washed, especially Hughes who has been a massive disappointment. What does he have this year 1 sack??

What's the alternative? Rousseau, Basham, and Epenesa have disappeared since the Miami game. 

• Agree 1

On 12/14/2021 at 4:51 PM, Bob in STL said:

The OL can be improved with the draft by using a high pick to take an elite guard or tackle.  We might also find improvement via free agency.  We can also improve depth by the draft. 

It could take a few years of playing together to get them elite but it should not be difficult to improve on the OL. 

My fear is that Beane will think, "Hey, Dawkins is fully recovered, Feliciano is back, Morse and Williams are solid, and Brown will be better.  Ford and Boettger are rock solid as backups... No need to draft anything but a backup in the sixth round!"

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think the Bills are just keeping Carolina guessing with this....Allen plays Sunday. And yes this is the week that the Bills will benefit from some calls on the Carolina defense. The flags will stay firmly in pocket the following week at NE. Don’t be surprised if NE isn’t flagged for a single DPI / holding or an offensive hold of consequence in that game. Maybe not even at all. 

I agree.  If the idea was resting Allen's foot for the NE game he would not have practiced at all today.  Carolina now has to spend some time thinking about defensing a Bills game plan featuring Trubisky versus Allen.

Just now, finn said:

My fear is that Beane will think, "Hey, Dawkins is fully recovered, Feliciano is back, Morse and Williams are solid, and Brown will be better.  Ford and Boettger are rock solid as backups... No need to draft anything but a backup in the sixth round!"

I don’t think so. His coach wants to control the LOS. They need the middle three to move people out.  Too many times DTs are busting in to disrupt the play, hitting our RBs behind the LOS. 

Dawkins could bounce back but how good is he?  Brown should improve with a year under his belt.  Morse could last another year.   All the rest are expendable except for Doyle who is a project.  

The best combination we have: Dawkins, Feliciano, Morse, Williams, Brown - is below average compared to other contending teams. 

Drsft a stud LT if possible to push Dawkins.  Maybe that kicks Dawkins inside to Guard, or maybe the tackle starts at guard as a rookie,  Draft a guard that is better than Williams (round 2 or 3) and/or look at free agents too. 

Fekiciano can back up C/G.  Ford is likely gone. Not sure on Tommy Doyle, he is a project.  

Williams is making too much for a below average guard,  

The talent on the offense is generally overrated on OL, RB and TE.  We lack a good blocking TE and a blocking fullback. We don’t have a heavy package to grind out yards at the goal line. 

This team is not built to run the ball, not even as a change of pace.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I don’t think so. His coach wants to control the LOS. They need the middle three to move people out.  Too many times DTs are busting in to disrupt the play, hitting our RBs behind the LOS. 

Dawkins could bounce back but how good is he?  Brown should improve with a year under his belt.  Morse could last another year.   All the rest are expendable except for Doyle who is a project.  

The best combination we have: Dawkins, Feliciano, Morse, Williams, Brown - is below average compared to other contending teams. 

Drsft a stud LT if possible to push Dawkins.  Maybe that kicks Dawkins inside to Guard, or maybe the tackle starts at guard as a rookie,  Draft a guard that is better than Williams (round 2 or 3) and/or look at free agents too. 

Fekiciano can back up C/G.  Ford is likely gone. Not sure on Tommy Doyle, he is a project.  

Williams is making too much for a below average guard,  

The talent on the offense is generally overrated on OL, RB and TE.  We lack a good blocking TE and a blocking fullback. We don’t have a heavy package to grind out yards at the goal line. 

This team is not built to run the ball, not even as a change of pace.  

Ford isn't going anywhere unless he is traded.  He is under a 2nd round rookie contract.  Not to mention he has played better as of late.  Daryl Williams has been up and down unfortunately.  But he would be good to keep around as a swing tackle.  I am not saying Ford starts for us next year.  But I wouldn't be shocked to see him bright back or if he won a starting job with a good offseason.  He has had some horrible games but has had some decent games too.

We need Center and Guard beef.  Wouldn't hurt to draft 1st and 2nd round interior talent this offseason.  More than likely we can't get an impact pass rusher where we will be drafting.  Also we should look into FA to see if there is a dominant player.

I think our biggest needs are interior OL, Interior DL, Impactful DE, CB.  Maybe not that order but I would place higher value in protecting our QB than the other positions because our franchise will succeed/fail purely based on his success. I know everyone here thinks a RB is priority but if we had better OL play I think all our RB's would look passable.  Singletary gets a bad rap here when he has been pretty consistent.  His fumbles are the biggest concern.  Every offseason RB is an easy position to get passionate about because they have the best highlight clips but ultimately if we get the right interior dudes our pass game and run game both improve.

I realize game breaking speed at RB would be nice but it is hard for me to think that we need to put a high draft pick in that position when we have people that I think can produce on a consistent basis if not being hit behind the line of scrimmage.

Get the interior talent and watch this offensive line and defensive line dominate.  It is frustrating watching the DE's get upfield only to have the QB's step up and then find an easy running lane up the middle.  That practice squad DT at least got off his block this last week to tackle Brady.  

42 minutes ago, finn said:

Yeah I dont think that is going to happen....McD and Beane know after this year they need to biuld a cold weather team...that means a nasty OL that can get a running game going

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Yeah I dont think that is going to happen....McD and Beane know after this year they need to biuld a cold weather team...that means a nasty OL that can get a running game going

And I didn't think Beane would pass on drafting a guard last year after what we saw happen. His actions suggest he thinks Ford will be a star anytime, and Feliciano is good, which is nonsense, or that guard just isn't a very important position, which is also nonsense. He's going to want a one-technique defensive tackle in round one, and a wide receiver in round two. Not sure he'll pass on guard (and corner) yet again, but that's been his pattern. 

46 minutes ago, finn said:

And I didn't think Beane would pass on drafting a guard last year after what we saw happen. His actions suggest he thinks Ford will be a star anytime, and Feliciano is good, which is nonsense, or that guard just isn't a very important position, which is also nonsense. He's going to want a one-technique defensive tackle in round one, and a wide receiver in round two. Not sure he'll pass on guard (and corner) yet again, but that's been his pattern. 

A monster 1 tech would be a good idea.....but for the love of god no later then round 2 for a OG please

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.