It's official - among qualified RBs with enough carries, Josh Allen leads the league in yards per attempt

dave mcbride

Singletary is 8th too!

1.Josh Allen • BUF6.1

2.Lamar Jackson • BAL5.8

3.Jalen Hurts • PHI5.7

4.Tony Pollard • DAL5.6

Jonathan Taylor • IND5.6

6.Nick Chubb • CLE5.5

7.Miles Sanders • PHI5.2

8.Dalvin Cook • MIN4.9

Devin Singletary • BUF4.9

10.James Robinson • JAX4.8

Javonte Williams • DEN4.8

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Singletary is 8th too!

1.Josh Allen • BUF6.1

2.Lamar Jackson • BAL5.8

3.Jalen Hurts • PHI5.7

4.Tony Pollard • DAL5.6

Jonathan Taylor • IND5.6

6.Nick Chubb • CLE5.5

7.Miles Sanders • PHI5.2

8.Dalvin Cook • MIN4.9

Devin Singletary • BUF4.9

10.James Robinson • JAX4.8

Javonte Williams • DEN4.8

Top 3 are QBs and oddly enough last week Top 2 got hurt.. Maybe run the QB less use the Rb or WR EVEN instead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Top 3 are all QBs 

Bruce Arians would never let them run according to his press conference 😂 what a clown…imagine telling Lamar Jackson ‘hey man stay in the pocket you might get hurt’ even after he comes back from his injury he wouldn’t be listening to that 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is probably the best arguement for Allen for MVP.

I also thought Manning should have won MVP the year he missed before the drafted Luck. 

By definition of what the mvp SHOULD be I think there’s no question it’s josh.  What a gutsy season from him hopefully he gets a chance to do something special in the playoffs. Will it actually be him though most likely not 

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Top 3 are QBs and oddly enough last week Top 2 got hurt.. Maybe run the QB less use the Rb or WR EVEN instead.

It’s all pretty relative…look at the titans their whole offense runs through a rb and Derrick Henry got hurt.  Josh’s qb carries got us right back into a huge game and we were literally an inch away from chasing you guys down for the division lol now it’s a very long shot. Crazy they lost the titans and bucs games by literal inches both those games felt very similar 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

This is probably the best arguement for Allen for MVP.

I also thought Manning should have won MVP the year he missed before the drafted Luck. 

Disagree. He just hasn’t won games in crunch time. That’s why they are 7-6. He is still a phenomenal, elite player, but to win an MVP, you have to be a closer. He is 0-4 in closer situations this year.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, HomeTeam said:

Yea, Devin Singletary has a place in this team. Not a feature back but a nice complimentary back. 

I don't believe he's the problem with our running game. 

And not as a receiver with the game on the line in a final drive or playoffs

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Singletary is avg almost 5 yards per carry in his career and this ####### Daboll just refuses to hand the ball to him.

Singletary needs to be used exactly like he was yesterday. Not to mention he seemed to have a little extra juice on a couple of those second half runs. Looked like the 2019 version.

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Bruce Arians would never let them run according to his press conference 😂 what a clown…imagine telling Lamar Jackson ‘hey man stay in the pocket you might get hurt’ even after he comes back from his injury he wouldn’t be listening to that 

By definition of what the mvp SHOULD be I think there’s no question it’s josh.  What a gutsy season from him hopefully he gets a chance to do something special in the playoffs. Will it actually be him though most likely not 

It’s all pretty relative…look at the titans their whole offense runs through a rb and Derrick Henry got hurt.  Josh’s qb carries got us right back into a huge game and we were literally an inch away from chasing you guys down for the division lol now it’s a very long shot. Crazy they lost the titans and bucs games by literal inches both those games felt very similar 

Big difference is Titans can survive without He Ty, and have proven such.  Ravens and Bills are up a creek without a paddle without their QB. (As any team would be) so again RUN the RB do sweeps with the WR.. do screens.. QB Draws only shorten a QB career and or gets them injured and missing time.

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Big difference is Titans can survive without He Ty, and have proven such.  Ravens and Bills are up a creek without a paddle without their QB. (As any team would be) so again RUN the RB do sweeps with the WR.. do screens.. QB Draws only shorten a QB career and or gets them injured and missing time.

I guess it depends on the definition of survive…if we’re talking about beating up on bad teams im sure trubisky could come in and win a game.  If we are talking about potential playoff success I don’t give the titans any chance without Derrick Henry. At least josh isn’t a sitting duck on designed qb runs like he is on a passing play behind that oline. He kind of gets to control some of the hits I think that’s what the ravens coaching staff says about Lamar as well. This is a bit coulda shoulda woulda but they are literal inches on josh Allen scrambles away from 9-4 sitting in the 1 seed right now so it’s gotta be give and take I guess…sometimes fighting for a couple inches is the difference in a whole season 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Josh Allen is basically John Elway on steroids (I don't mean that literally).

What I mean is that Josh is a one man wrecking crew the same way the Elway was early in his career.

Let's just hope that Allen doesn't have to wait to his mid 30's, like Elway did, to get his Terrell Davis.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I guess it depends on the definition of survive…if we’re talking about beating up on bad teams im sure trubisky could come in and win a game.  If we are talking about potential playoff success I don’t give the titans any chance without Derrick Henry. At least josh isn’t a sitting duck on designed qb runs like he is on a passing play behind that oline. He kind of gets to control some of the hits I think that’s what the ravens coaching staff says about Lamar as well. This is a bit coulda shoulda woulda but they are literal inches on josh Allen scrambles away from 9-4 sitting in the 1 seed right now so it’s gotta be give and take I guess…sometimes fighting for a couple inches is the difference in a whole season 

Dude, I watched the last 3 Bills games and Allen took a LOT of hard hits. Hits he wouldn’t tKe if the Bills had a run game not relying solely on him.  Allen has the talent be good even when he does slow, (unlike the other 2QBs on the list)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.