Is Weed Coming To a Town Near You??

Gugny

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I have no interest in a consumption site... at least in my hometown.  I want to buy it, and retreat into my basement and watch tv or play video games.

I think a “cannabis bar” would be cool as hell.  But then again, I am someone who enjoys socializing when I’m high.  I’m envisioning a coffee/soft drink type bar (no alcohol) with comfy couches and all kinds of games to play (pool, darts, cornhole, foosball, old school video games, etc...).  Great music playing...maybe even live music sometimes. Would need a simple bar menu with tasty snacks also.  That would be so awesome 👏 

On 12/17/2021 at 12:20 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll grant you that. Whether it's booze or pot or gambling or social media, you let anything take control of you, it's bad. But it's hypocritical to draw a line around weed when society tolerates so many other stimulants.

Weed is a stimulant? I don't think so Promo.

• Eyeroll 1

On 12/17/2021 at 12:20 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll grant you that. Whether it's booze or pot or gambling or social media, you let anything take control of you, it's bad. But it's hypocritical to draw a line around weed when society tolerates so many other stimulants.

Actually, it say here that it can be a stimulant and a depressant.

https://owlsnestrecovery.com/is-marijuana-a-stimulant-or-depressant/

https://haveaheartcc.com/is-marijuana-a-depressant/

Edited by Bill from NYC

On 12/17/2021 at 12:36 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Question: Do towns that opt-out also opt-out on revenue? I think that's the case in Massachusetts.

The MA town north of my northern border here in CT charges a 25% town tax.

It can be jarring thinking you know how much you are spending, and then see the total. That is to say, I assume it can be jarring, if you buy weed and then get hit with that tax. Which has certainly never happened to me.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

The MA town north of my northern border here in CT charges a 25% town tax.

It can be jarring thinking you know how much you are spending, and then see the total. That is to say, I assume it can be jarring, if you buy weed and then get hit with that tax. Which has certainly never happened to me.

So do they charge that high of a tax because they're a border town? Hasn't CT legalized yet?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So do they charge that high of a tax because they're a border town? Hasn't CT legalized yet?

CT is very much on the way....I believe it is passed but I think everything is in limbo still. I think MAYBE you can grow here now, a few plants. But for now we still only have the medicinal shops you need a card for (we've had medical for a while, but no recreational). Should be recreational shops next year I believe.

I think towns do whatever they can get away with. When the first dispensary opened in Great Barrington MA (3 years ago I think) the line was down the block, every day, for months. These dispensaries have billboards in NYS and CT, 45+ minutes from the place. People are clearly traveling for it! Plates from every nearby state, MA, CT, NY (I am VERY far west in CT, and this dispensary is very far west in MA). So it could be it's because they're "on the line" and is surely part of it  but I bet demand initially was high everywhere in MA, and this was maybe tried everywhere. This place opened in December years ago, and it was cold. Lines, every day, all day. Was NUTS.

Things have died down now a BIT, but the stretch of route 7 that goes into MA from CT is essentially little Amsterdam. If you see any construction, guaranteed it is a new dispensary/grow op. There was one three years ago, believe ti is double digits from the state line to Great Barrington now.

35 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

CT is very much on the way....I believe it is passed but I think everything is in limbo still. I think MAYBE you can grow here now, a few plants. But for now we still only have the medicinal shops you need a card for (we've had medical for a while, but no recreational). Should be recreational shops next year I believe.

I think towns do whatever they can get away with. When the first dispensary opened in Great Barrington MA (3 years ago I think) the line was down the block, every day, for months. These dispensaries have billboards in NYS and CT, 45+ minutes from the place. People are clearly traveling for it! Plates from every nearby state, MA, CT, NY (I am VERY far west in CT, and this dispensary is very far west in MA). So it could be it's because they're "on the line" and is surely part of it  but I bet demand initially was high everywhere in MA, and this was maybe tried everywhere. This place opened in December years ago, and it was cold. Lines, every day, all day. Was NUTS.

Things have died down now a BIT, but the stretch of route 7 that goes into MA from CT is essentially little Amsterdam. If you see any construction, guaranteed it is a new dispensary/grow op. There was one three years ago, believe ti is double digits from the state line to Great Barrington now.

Driving home along i-90 through Massachusetts, every billboard is for pot  😂

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Driving home along i-90 through Massachusetts, every billboard is for pot  😂

Yeah man it has happened so fast. I have no real with problem with pot being legal but I have to say....the whole "pot culture" that has grown up around these formerly very quaint towns with far too many antique stores, I am not a big fan. It's just not an "industry" I'd want my area defined by.

I personally having lived in a state (Cali) where medicinal marijuana has been available pretty easily for years with an online application for medical......nswer a few questions, they send you a paper certificate ... You would contact a dispensary it was pretty much delivery or buy in venue showing the certificate and photo ID... as it is now, just no paperwork needed walk in......order online

anyway the brouuhahaa will simmer down. Its like anything new there will be new buyers and the people whom invested in the industry will make money. Prices are a LOT cheaper now than before it became legal. My recommendation is if you do buy make sure it is a licensed dispensary..if not what you are buying cannot be verified as pure or whatever you THINK you are buying may NOT be if an unscrupulous dealer wants to rip u off. Tipping delivery drivers is like the pizza guy, of course they are working for a living I throw em a tip.

I gave a testimony in front of my soutern baptist congregation how sativa literally rescued me from a deep depression during covid. I went OFF my meds and it wasn't pretty. My Pastor said it was survival or not and I chose  survive. Although of course he doesnt advocate illegal drugs in any way shape or form.  I explained that for me it is medicine and he accepts that. Its Legal.

m

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.