Is Weed Coming To a Town Near You??

Gugny

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Huh? No it isn't. Not even close.

As for why it's been illegal you should read up on it. In a nutshell, it was made illegal in the 30s because it was perceived as the drug of Blacks and Hispanics. The worry was white kids would start using. That's where Reefer Madness came from.

But then in the 60's marijuana laws were a convenient cudgel against anti-war types. You can't jail someone for protesting but you can jail them for pot.

That's why pot has been illegal in America.

So misinformed!  The man is keeping it down!

https://hallucinogens.com/what-are-hallucinogens/is-weed-a-hallucinogenic-drug/

"For most people, smoking weed produces a mellow and relaxing high. This is why it might be a shock to learn that weed is actually considered a hallucinogenic drug by the government.

According to the Controlled Substances Act, there are five different classes of drugs – depressants, narcotics, stimulants, anabolic steroids, and hallucinogens. Marijuana is classified as a hallucinogen, along with other more potent drugs like LSD and peyote.

However, in order to truly understand marijuana’s classification as a hallucinogenic drug, it’s first important to understand what is meant by hallucinogenic drug and how weed affects your body.

What Is a Hallucinogenic Drug?

By definition, a hallucinogenic drug is any substance that can produce visual or auditory hallucinations and distort your sense of reality. All hallucinogenic drugs can also affect thought and mood, making people feel like they are in a dream (or in some cases, a nightmare). ..."

Trying to polish a nightmare into a relaxing dream is what the potheads are trying to do.  Look I am not against it... People will always look for a chemical crutch... Just don't fool yourself into thinking one drug is better than the next.  Always unintended consequences.   The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Carry on!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"For most people, smoking weed produces a mellow and relaxing high. This is why it might be a shock to learn that weed is actually considered a hallucinogenic drug by the government.

According to the Controlled Substances Act, there are five different classes of drugs – depressants, narcotics, stimulants, anabolic steroids, and hallucinogens. Marijuana is classified as a hallucinogen, along with other more potent drugs like LSD and peyote.

However, in order to truly understand marijuana’s classification as a hallucinogenic drug, it’s first important to understand what is meant by hallucinogenic drug and how weed affects your body.

By definition, a hallucinogenic drug is any substance that can produce visual or auditory hallucinations and distort your sense of reality. All hallucinogenic drugs can also affect thought and mood, making people feel like they are in a dream (or in some cases, a nightmare). ..."

Trying to polish a nightmare into a relaxing dream is what the potheads are trying to do.  Look I am not against it... People will always look for a chemical crutch... Just don't fool yourself into thinking one drug is better than the next.  Always unintended consequences.   The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Carry on!

Good Morning!

I read your post it has a lot of info Im reading where you spoke of the chemical crutch. Same with alcohol, same with tobacco. When I first read it I thought u were being mean. But then I calmed down, reread it, felt better. Context and insight matter.

I know there may be unintended consequences with choosing medical grade marijuana down the line. But for me, my choice is to be happy now and go down HAPPY....hear me? lol Im a sufferer of mental illness. it sucks. You are a Very wise man. puff puff passsssss

JUST KIDDING

lmao

Peace brother!

m

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Carry on!

This is nonsense. Are there risks with using cannabis? Sure there are. Are there risks with using any type of medication? You bet. What are your feelings on opioids or any type of prescription medication for that matter? 

On 12/14/2021 at 9:12 AM, muppy said:

regarding marijuana and its medical properties/uses/benefits. Noone will question regarding someone using a prescription from a medical Dr.  "Oh look at those people driving around medicated how dare they"

m

Actually yes, they do. You still can't drive if you're impaired by a prescription drug, even if said drug is prescribed to you and you take it according to the prescription instructions.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/13/2021 at 10:11 AM, Gugny said:

View which municipalities have made the decision to opt out of adult-use marijuana dispensaries and/or on-site consumption lounges in their jurisdiction. NOTE: While this dashboard is updated regularly it does not represent real-time, official information on municipalities’ opt-out decisions. 

https://rockinst.org/issue-areas/state-local-government/municipal-opt-out-tracker/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, muppy said:

Good Morning!

I read your post it has a lot of info Im reading where you spoke of the chemical crutch. Same with alcohol, same with tobacco. When I first read it I thought u were being mean. But then I calmed down, reread it, felt better. Context and insight matter.

I know there may be unintended consequences with choosing medical grade marijuana down the line. But for me, my choice is to be happy now and go down HAPPY....hear me? lol Im a sufferer of mental illness. it sucks. You are a Very wise man. puff puff passsssss

JUST KIDDING

lmao

Peace brother!

m

Thanks... Not trying to be mean.  Yes... I agree, just really scared some, hopefully not many go off the rails with that happiness. We saw it in the 1950s and 1960s when a more structured society burst from it's seams. Maybe a less structured society today can handle it. We don't want a repeat of the "man men" culture...

Back in the day things like this weren't accepted out in the open, I am glad they are now in open and no shaming is going on. Personally, in our family, we have dealt with the whole range of issues... PTSD, Alcoholism, mental illness.

Experienced it especially my father (happened to be a 100% disabled vet too... Boy that's a coincidence...).  Anyway,  I am just not sure self-medication is the answer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Carry on!

I'll grant you that. Whether it's booze or pot or gambling or social media, you let anything take control of you, it's bad. But it's hypocritical to draw a line around weed when society tolerates so many other stimulants.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thanks... Not trying to be mean.  Yes... I agree, just really scared some, hopefully not many go off the rails with that happiness. We saw it in the 1950s and 1960s when a more structured society burst from it's seams. Maybe a less structured society today can handle it. We don't want a repeat of the "man men" culture...

Back in the day things like this weren't accepted out in the open, I am glad they are now in open and no shaming is going on. Personally, in our family, we have dealt with the whole range of issues... PTSD, Alcoholism, mental illness.

Experienced it especially my father (happened to be a 100% disabled vet too... Boy that's a coincidence...).  Anyway,  I am just not sure self-medication is the answer.

I appreciate you,  you'alls collective

Merry Christmas ><>

m

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:11 AM, Gugny said:

View which municipalities have made the decision to opt out of adult-use marijuana dispensaries and/or on-site consumption lounges in their jurisdiction. NOTE: While this dashboard is updated regularly it does not represent real-time, official information on municipalities’ opt-out decisions. 

https://rockinst.org/issue-areas/state-local-government/municipal-opt-out-tracker/

Question: Do towns that opt-out also opt-out on revenue? I think that's the case in Massachusetts.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think @LeviFhas a better grasp on this than I do.  He might know.

I don't think any part of this was thought through enough to get to minutia like that. We're talking about this now but the first licenses probably won't be issued for another year at least. And this was passed in 2019 lmao

15 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Amazing. Thanks for the laugh! 

15 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Carry on!

Other than marijuana being purely natural, you may be onto something.  

Probably not ... but maybe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.