Josh in a boot after Tampa game (now says he's "good to go", no effects)

Bakin

34 minutes ago, Aikman said:

Looks like just like it was in the 90's when Buffalo went to four straight Super Bowls thanks to being in the incredibly weak AFC. In those years, the real Super Bowl was the NFC Championship game. Heck, there were probably five teams way better than Buffalo in the NFC who's fan base had to watch an inferior team playing in the Super Bowl (Dallas, Washington, Green Bay, San Francisco, Giants) were all better than Buffalo. Fast forward, 25 years and here we go again. Not a single 10-win team in the AFC while the NFC has three and another two with nine wins. While KC has 9 wins, they have also already played 8 games at home. NE is 7-1 against the AFC but only 2-3 against the NFC. Tennesee seems to be the only comparitively strong team in the AFC but come on, Ryan Tannenhill  is going to win a Super Bowl?This has to be the year for the Bills....they have been handed a cupcake schedule within a cupcake conference so they better make the most of it.

NFC is very top heavy. Bucs, Rams, and Packers are the true contenders IMO. Maybe Cowboys. 

I don't buy the Cardinals as a real threat. 

AFC I wouldn't call cupcake at all; in fact, most of the good young QBs are in the AFC. NFC 6th and 7th seeds for the playoffs are total jokes. AFC has a lot more good young teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This team needs everyone to step up ! Josh’s shoulders are getting heavy. 

We can only hope this happens

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Allen is going to play. Too much on the line. 

but I hope they protect him with playcalling 

With Daboll doing it, LOL. Here comes the QB power sweep to start the game off! This will be followed by 37 straight intermediate to long passes, followed by 3 more runs by Allen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

I’ve been thinking this all throughout, just need to get hot, what better time than now? They have the horses, just need to put it together. 

They are the kind of team that I expect to see in the super bowl assuming we start putting it together (big assumption I know) l don’t think this system of ball control offense and play good fundamental defense wins you multiple playoff games when someone like the bills or chiefs could score 14 points in like 2 minutes on you even if you’ve done a great job defensively the rest of the game. As the bucs game SHOULD have proved if we didn’t get screwed 😂 bucs pass rush started to gas out and they played some soft cover 2 to prevent quick scores which we absolutely lit up 

21 minutes ago, Figster said:

I would seriously consider starting Mitch Trubisky. Over qualified to be a backup IMO. 

This is why we brought him here... 

Very important game though it’s a tough call…season is pretty close to over if we lose this one.  And we seem very capable of playing with or playing down to anyone 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They are the kind of team that I expect to see in the super bowl assuming we start putting it together (big assumption I know) l don’t think this system of ball control offense and play good fundamental defense wins you multiple playoff games when someone like the bills or chiefs could score 14 points in like 2 minutes on you even if you’ve done a great job defensively the rest of the game. As the bucs game SHOULD have proved if we didn’t get screwed 😂 bucs pass rush started to gas out and they played some soft cover 2 to prevent quick scores which we absolutely lit up 

Very important game though it’s a tough call…season is pretty close to over if we lose this one 

I understand the importance. Myself personally, Trubs can execute a short yardage game plan very well IMO. I think this is a good opportunity to see what Trubisky can do IMO. Allen could back him up and go in If Trubisky struggles. Foot injuries have a tendency of dragging out the injury time span when you try to play on them. Allen is going to give his body up to make plays regardless.

Rest him... 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

KC is hot right now and if I had to bet I’d say the get back to the SB…. As for the Bills I’ll believe it when I see it…. They just don’t have enough offensively and Josh has to carry them week in and week out…. I think they’ll lose another game(probably playoff game) where their offense has a chance to win it late and they come up short again. 

They have plenty offensively skill position wise…arguably as much as anybody.  This offensive line is just blowing too many blocking assignments…you’ve gotta think they at least incrementally improve as time goes on.  And that could make all the difference.  We all saw what happened when TBs defensive line gassed out down the stretch 

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

I understand the importance. Myself personally, Trubs can execute a short yardage game plan very well IMO. I think this is a good opportunity to see what Trubisky can do IMO. Allen could back him up and go in If Trubisky struggles. Foot injuries have a tendency of dragging out the injury time span when you try to play on them. Allen is going to give his body up to make plays regardless.

Rest him... 

tough decision but I respect it lol I certainly wouldn’t have the guts to go through with that

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

Rest him... 

if he's able to do this then he starts. You don't "rest" your starting QB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

if he's able to do this then he starts. You don't "rest" your starting QB

I think they’ll start josh and limit the playbook…that’s huge though if they could start trubisky and win.  I’d be too scared to pull that trigger though so I’m glad it’s not a fan vote type thing and someone is payed to make that decision for my team haha 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I am pretty sure you'd have to shoot Josh to keep him out of the game Sunday.

We are going to need him at NE. He doesn't play in that one then we aren't winning. My guess is the trainers and Josh will do everything they can so that he can play on Sunday. If he does then expect Josh throwing the ball ONLY and all of the running to be done by Singletary, Moss or Breida. If the Bills get up big or Josh is really hurting then you will see Trubisky.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Aikman said:

Looks like just like it was in the 90's when Buffalo went to four straight Super Bowls thanks to being in the incredibly weak AFC. In those years, the real Super Bowl was the NFC Championship game. Heck, there were probably five teams way better than Buffalo in the NFC who's fan base had to watch an inferior team playing in the Super Bowl (Dallas, Washington, Green Bay, San Francisco, Giants) were all better than Buffalo. Fast forward, 25 years and here we go again. Not a single 10-win team in the AFC while the NFC has three and another two with nine wins. While KC has 9 wins, they have also already played 8 games at home. NE is 7-1 against the AFC but only 2-3 against the NFC. Tennesee seems to be the only comparitively strong team in the AFC but come on, Ryan Tannenhill  is going to win a Super Bowl?This has to be the year for the Bills....they have been handed a cupcake schedule within a cupcake conference so they better make the most of it.

This is incorrect revisionist history. The Bills did quite well vs. the best of the NFC those years in the regular season. They were a better team than the Giants in the first super bowl loss, Parcells just had a perfect game plan and they executed better to pull out an upset win that required a missed FG at the end. Agree that the Skins and Cowboys were superior teams in the subsequent three losses, but they were dominant in the NFC too, there weren't 3 or 4 other teams almost as good or that were clearly better than Buffalo each season. 

4 hours ago, Aikman said:

Yea Tennessee got snakebit by injuries or the afc looks a lot different.  I’d put the full strength titans and chiefs right up there with the best in the nfc.  I think the cardinals are a bit overrated and the rams are probably a tier below GB/TB. afc is weird though matchup wise because the competitive teams are all built so drastically differently. We probably match up better in the nfc somehow despite the teams being better lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.