If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

43 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Enh, he was doing it too. Thought it was a fair no call. The call on Wallace was the one that was the worst. I mean, they called it on the defense when it should clearly have been called on the offense. The end of PI penalty reviews is a bad thing. 

Put the Buccs on offense and the Bills on defense, it’s a PI call in/near the endzone. That’s the problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.  Of course we were outplayed and I don't think the refs were the difference in the game, but that doesn't mean the game wasn't horrible officiated, as usual.

There were some HUGE calls in this game made/non made that directly impacted the outcome.

Have to disagree on the refs not being a difference in the game. The first missed PI would have had us 1st and Goal, I think at the 1 or close to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Borderline?  Yeah, Diggs getting his jersey yanked about a foot (probably more), and then bear hugged in OT were not "borderline"

Was this "borderline"?

First one: yes, should have been called. But if diggs doesn’t turn around to chastise the defender, he catches that and scores. 

Final one: that screen sheet literally shows nothing because it doesn’t show what diggs did at at the top of the route (play rough and commit borderline OPI). 

The one that’ll stick is the Evans/Wallace play. Just horrific officiating.

1 minute ago, Pags24 said:

FGcz3QKXIAEJjkP?format=jpg&name=medium

Not sure what you're talking about....I'm talking about this one, the most important one that was missed.  Diggs having his jersey stretched, OBVIOUS PI call

Look between the Bucs players white sleeves that doesn’t look like a hand but a football. That said I missed the pull the first time.. that said most teams don’t get a lot of calls against TB teams.. been there done that week 4.  

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.  Of course we were outplayed and I don't think the refs were the difference in the game, but that doesn't mean the game wasn't horrible officiated, as usual.

There were some HUGE calls in this game made/non made that directly impacted the outcome.

Outplayed it was ot we were tied and the refs horrible calls was a hugh factor in our loss

7 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

You mean the DB looking back for the ball, Diggs grabbing him, and the defender grabbing him in response in good coverage? That ain’t ever gonna be called with the game on the line. Mano y mano wiht hand fighting allowed — Best man wins. Bills fans, stop being p*ssies. Christ. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

56 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If it had been a stupid play call which cost us, and I suppose you coul argue with the 4 and 3 punt it was to an extent, then that's one thing but the calls were ridiculous. No PI for us but as soon as Evans wrapped up Wallace they couldn't wait to get the flags out.

All we want is fairness and an even-handed approach. Get that and we would have had a great chance of winning today.

The Bills were terrible in the first half.  A(n) NFL game has two halves.  I mean you could equally call out conservative coaching moves by the Bills in the first half, they of being conservative due to a team sucking it really hard.

1 minute ago, clearwater cadet said:

If this gets called, as it should have, we have a 1st and goal at the one-yard line with less than a minute left. Game over. Bills win.

This game was called so lopsided. Those who can't believe/don't see that the NFL/refs influence games are just naive in my opinion.

First time I became truly aware of it was in Super Bowl XL (2006). Pittsburgh was gifted that game. No doubt, without the refs, Seattle would have won (and I was rooting for the Steelers). And it has been going on ever since.

Nothing to do about it but not take it too seriously, and be good enough to beat the other team and the refs at the same time. That's the way it is for small market teams outside of Green Bay.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, dave mcbride said:

You mean the DB looking back for the ball, Diggs grabbing him, and the defender grabbing him in response in good coverage? That ain’t ever gonna be called with the game on the line. Mano y mano wiht hand fighting allowed — Best man wins. Bills fans, stop being p*ssies. Christ. 

Ok, sure thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

A game went to overtime with terrible officiating always against us but it was not officiating? You sound dumb as a rock 

Keep crying about the refs if you want. That might help you sleep at night?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Instead of posting screen shots, post the whole play. diggs was being extremely physical too. 

And? At the very least it's defensive holding. He's literally holding his jersey and yanking him to the ground. Hand fighting or not...I don't see Diggs pushing off...if it's a penalty, it should be called. 

Next time we're called for defensive holding I'm sure there will be zero aggression from the offensive receiver. ::eyeroll::

Edited by Vertig0
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Enh, he was doing it too. Thought it was a fair no call. The call on Wallace was the one that was the worst. I mean, they called it on the defense when it should clearly have been called on the offense. The end of PI penalty reviews is a bad thing. 

The hand fighting wasn’t the bad part… the db fell into him and they both went to the ground. This was not a feet getting tangled situation the db essentially tackled him 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Vertig0 said:

And? At the very least it's defensive holding. He's literally holding his jersey and yanking him to the ground. Hand fighting or not...I don't see Diggs pushing off...if it's a penalty, it should be called. 

People have to realize that unless the db is beaten — and the DB most definitely wasn’t beaten on that play — they are going to let them play in that situation. They are gonna let the go at it one on one with the best man winning. Christ, save your tears for the much worse call that cost the Bills the game — the DPI on on Wallace, which absolutely cost them the game.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Keep crying about the refs if you want. That might help you sleep at night?

Keep thinking that the league you spend time and emotion on is on the up-and-up. The sooner you realize it isn't, the less you'll feel like a chump. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.