If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

1 minute ago, BuffBills51 said:

The NFL is an entertainment business and Brady is one of the biggest storylines. Do I think it is rigged, no. Do I think there is bias towards certain teams and players, yes. Unfortunately the Bills still aren’t the appeal that draws the big dollars to get the big calls. 

The Bills were one of the heaviest betting favorites for the superbowl........

Someone stands to make a lot of money off of that. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The no call on Diggs as the end is as egregious as the no call on Nickel Robey-Coleman in the NFCCG a few years back. 

I have no idea how you don't call that.

Exactly. It was in the middle of the field, his jersey was visibly pulled, and the ball came to him. What more do they want in order to make that call??

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why does it look like there are two balls in that picture?? That said I can’t even see his hands on the Bills receiver yet.. 

Ahhh, are you serious?  He's pulling his jersey so hard it's almost stretched to his waist

Just now, BTB said:

Did the refs rig it so the TB WR’s were open repeatedly all game long including the WINNING TD?  These threads are idiotic and I expect there to be numerous one like it, all week long. 

As I stated previously, in a game that went to overtime and several scores were heavily effected by poor officiating and all went against Buffalo, you sound stupid as all get out. Any professional team given enough chances will win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Most were borderline, but the DPI call on wallace should get an official demoted. What a terrible game-changing call.

Borderline?  Yeah, Diggs getting his jersey yanked about a foot (probably more), and then bear hugged in OT were not "borderline"

Was this "borderline"?

• Like (+1) 1

I'd not say rigged, just horrible calls.

My opinion is how they are taught to officiate and "markers" to look for are big issues. Ie: underthrown passes, WR fighting back to ball, DB not looking or playing ball, etc are obvious things they are calling this year.  Flawed rule that benefits badly thrown passes.  Expect this will be a huge topic of discussion at offseason meetings.  

Agree Diggs was held. nonstop and typically is.  We need to be doing a better job/more advantageously taking more passes that will likely get these "free yards". 

Seriously folks.  This isn't your dad's NFL.  Too much money and story lines involved.  Best chance we have is to treat it like the WWE and hope our favorite "wrestler" is allowed to win it all.  Don't waste your time thinking "the best team wins" with this billion dollar soap opera.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

.? — It was first down and 10 at the 16. If it gets called on evans — as it certainly should have —  it’s first and 18 from the 8. Instead, it’s first and 10 from the 36. I  felt Diggs plowed into the DB in the EZ, which was a signal to allow them to play. I didn’t have an issue with that non-call. 

Not sure where he "plowed into" the DB, but Diggs' Jersey was yanked around the collar before the EZ.

9 minutes ago, BTB said:

Did the refs rig it so the TB WR’s were open repeatedly all game long including the WINNING TD?  These threads are idiotic and I expect there to be numerous one like it, all week long. 

Your post is idiotic. Would the long game winning TD even have happened if the PI on Diggs was called like it should have been? Who knows, but the call should have been made if the NFL and officials have any interest in maintaining some semblance of credibility. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Again also looks like the balls right in his hands unless he is two totally different colors…

FGcz3QKXIAEJjkP?format=jpg&name=medium

Not sure what you're talking about....I'm talking about this one, the most important one that was missed.  Diggs having his jersey stretched, OBVIOUS PI call

10 minutes ago, BTB said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.  Of course we were outplayed and I don't think the refs were the difference in the game, but that doesn't mean the game wasn't horrible officiated, as usual.

There were some HUGE calls in this game made/non made that directly impacted the outcome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.