If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid.

damj

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Not a problem at all. Problem is those who are unable to make their own assesment and can only parrot the opinions of these so called “experts” of which you speak.  You ate free to disagree. 

Certainly entitled to your opinions - not sure who I’m “parroting” here either. But on a base level it is difficult to give any credibility to your opinions when you blatantly disregard expert evaluations, claim to hold superior knowledge and info, and contradict actual performance. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Certainly entitled to your opinions - not sure who I’m “parroting” here either. But on a base level it is difficult to give any credibility to your opinions when you blatantly disregard expert evaluations, claim to hold superior knowledge and info, and contradict actual performance. 

If we just share the opinions of others,then this wouldn’t be much of a fan forum now,would it?  If you feel the Jet offense is the true test of a defenses mettle, well that’s your opinion.  I feel the same way about our suddenly vaunted run game, being able to run against two lousy defenses.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

You do realize all the experts think he's great right.  Jets coach gushed over him.  Announcers today gushed.  Every week someone does.  Maybe we should resign Brandon spikes as it seems that's what people think linebackers should be.    

Yeah but what do all these people know compared to the experts here at TBD!

24 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Not a problem at all. Problem is those who are unable to make their own assesment and can only parrot the opinions of these so called “experts” of which you speak.  You ate free to disagree. 

12 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

If we just share the opinions of others,then this wouldn’t be much of a fan forum now,would it?  If you feel the Jet offense is the true test of a defenses mettle, well that’s your opinion.  I feel the same way about our suddenly vaunted run game, being able to run against two lousy defenses.

Yes it's a fan forum, but many of the "Experts" here seem to feel it's a coaches forum and think they know more and start threads titled just like this one "If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid" like they know more.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

We have Addison $10 MM per year and spent mid round picks on undersized underathletic RBs in back to back years... but resigning Edmunds is crossing the line to us being dumb?

Oh and we refuse to play McKenzie who lit it up only when the coaching staff had no choice. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

We have Addison $10 MM per year and spent mid round picks on undersized underathletic RBs in back to back years... but resigning Edmunds is crossing the line to us being dumb?

Oh and we refuse to play McKenzie who lit it up only when the coaching staff had no choice. 

I truly hope not getting Mckenzie involved today was on purpose. And by that I mean they may have wanted to save the Mckenzie plays for playoffs. Other wise ya huge mistake not giving him at least several jet sweeps a game.

4 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I truly hope not getting Mckenzie involved today was on purpose. And by that I mean they may have wanted to save the Mckenzie plays for playoffs. Other wise ya huge mistake not giving him at least several jet sweeps a game.

I’m ready to see more McKenzie and less Beasley 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

His two best games this season have been against the Texans and Jets. It’s predictable that when he makes a couple plays against these lower teams, people come out of the woodwork extolling his greatness. I’m not an Edmunds hater, but I do believe we could get better production in the middle. A good game against the Jets today doesn’t change that belief. I want to see Edmunds make an impact against higher tier competition and he’ll have his chance in the playoffs.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

But it has become status symbol in this day and age to disagree with knowledgeable "experts". Narcissism and arrogant belligerence have sadly become the rule and real knowledge sadly is too often frowned upon. Strange how highly Edmunds is thought of by other teams and "knowledgeable" football people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

His two best games this season have been against the Texans and Jets. It’s predictable that when he makes a couple plays against these lower teams, people come out of the woodwork extolling his greatness. I’m not an Edmunds hater, but I do believe we could get better production in the middle. A good game against the Jets today doesn’t change that belief. I want to see Edmunds make an impact against higher tier competition and he’ll have his chance in the playoffs.

Did you miss the Titans game or something lol

6 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

But it has become status symbol in this day and age to disagree with knowledgeable "experts". Narcissism and arrogant belligerence have sadly become the rule and real knowledge sadly is too often frowned upon. Strange how highly Edmunds is thought of by other teams and "knowledgeable" football people.

There's a lot of knee-jerk garbage posters on this site, but there's also a lot of established, highly respected posters who can dissect on-field play and be right-on, sometimes more than the outside "experts" who may only take a superficial look at Edmunds.

I agree with the assessment that Edmunds is a talented player who lacks good football instincts. I think you have to be blind not to see the plays he is out of position or gets fooled.  It happens too frequently and his lack of game changing plays speak to this.  The fact that the FO hasn't locked him in to a long term contract also speaks to it.

Let's see what they do.  I'm okay keeping him but not at elite prices.

Edited by GaryPinC

10 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Addison is making $4.6 million this year and he lead our team in sacks with 7.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Again, absolutely entitled to your opinions - everyone here is. I also don’t  think anyone here is holding up yesterday’s game as a holistic measurement of anything. I’m just saying blatant ignorance and disregard of expert evaluation, whether you agree or disagree, only serves to discredit any opinion you do have. It’d be more logical to acknowledge expert evaluation and take it into consideration when expressing your opinions as it provides greater context, complexity, and depth of comprehension. 

He definitely ain't no London Fletcher but they could have done worse ! I know the Bills like to sigh their own but not sure if he is worth his draft status .

I have often wondered since the Bills drafted him & seeing as he played OLB in college are the Bills playing him in the wrong spot & would he be better suited & have more production at OLB rather than ILB ?

All the "Experts" say he is a gifted athlete but by putting him in a position that he may not be as well suited for could they be better off moving him to see what effect if any that could have on his production .

The Bills are rated #1 on D but with what they say about him & given the skepticism/expectations of the Bills Mafia i don't know why they wouldn't try moving him around a bit if for nothing else just to see if he may have more production .

5 minutes ago, T master said:

He definitely ain't no London Fletcher but they could have done worse ! I know the Bills like to sigh their own but not sure if he is worth his draft status .

I have often wondered since the Bills drafted him & seeing as he played OLB in college are the Bills playing him in the wrong spot & would he be better suited & have more production at OLB rather than ILB ?

All the "Experts" say he is a gifted athlete but by putting him in a position that he may not be as well suited for could they be better off moving him to see what effect if any that could have on his production .

The Bills are rated #1 on D but with what they say about him & given the skepticism/expectations of the Bills Mafia i don't know why they wouldn't try moving him around a bit if for nothing else just to see if he may have more production .

Dude...do you not understand how important Edmunds is to their pass D and preventing big plays with his ability to drop deep and cover huge amounts of ground in the middle of the field when they go to Cover 2?

It's like people have no idea how he is used and why he is so valuable to the defense. He basically forces QBs to make perfect throws into much smaller windows than they are accustomed to having due to his athleticism and length.

Yeah he might not be great against the run. Who cares? It's a passing league.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.