If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid.

damj

4 hours ago, Billy Zabka said:

He gets points for hitting the right hole and not running by the play.

There was only one hole to hit, and he kinda did run by the play with that attempted arm tackle. 3rd and 1, OT against the Superbowl champs, and your line keeps you clean? That's a wet dream for a MLB.

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone consider before destroying Edmunds that he maybe playing in the wrong scheme or not being coached well enough to perform in our current defense. While everyone admits Star, Epenesa, Hughes and Rousseau  have been either underachieving or unavailable, that leaves incredible pressure and responsibility on Edmunds. If you believe a defense functions as a cohesive unit to be successful, how can we dump all of the blame on the inefficient defense on Edmunds. No pressure from front four, no tackles for losses by front four and safeties and dbs out of position on long runs. Edmunds was out of position and reacted slowly on plays in the 1st half, no question, but exonerating the DC and the rest of our defense is silly. You get speed, tackling with physicality and length with Edmunds. It behooves these defensive coaches to put him in the best scheme and gameplan to succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

forget wherher or not to resign him, if he is not benched for Kelin when he is available mcD is a gutless wonder.  

1 hour ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Anyone consider before destroying Edmunds that he maybe playing in the wrong scheme or not being coached well enough to perform in our current defense. While everyone admits Star, Epenesa, Hughes and Rousseau  have been either underachieving or unavailable, that leaves incredible pressure and responsibility on Edmunds. If you believe a defense functions as a cohesive unit to be successful, how can we dump all of the blame on the inefficient defense on Edmunds. No pressure from front four, no tackles for losses by front four and safeties and dbs out of position on long runs. Edmunds was out of position and reacted slowly on plays in the 1st half, no question, but exonerating the DC and the rest of our defense is silly. You get speed, tackling with physicality and length with Edmunds. It behooves these defensive coaches to put him in the best scheme and gameplan to succeed. 

Klein looks better when playing.  Milano looks better.  The fact that Bean is a terrible drafter with AJ and Basham and resigned vet players who are subpar does not mean Edmunds is therefore not also a giant bust.  

14 hours ago, Luka said:

Funny you say that because Milano was playing middle in some instances. I don't really care what they do as long as it includes getting rid of Edmunds. People have made excuses for this kid for 4 years now. If he doesn't get it yet, he's never going to.

excuses are what a lot of people make for Edmunds.  Bean needs to go also.  Thanks for drafting Allen.  But making the playoffs should be expected, this team can’t beat a good team unless that team has an off day and its because we lack impact players.  

27 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

forget wherher or not to resign him, if he is not benched for Kelin when he is available mcD is a gutless wonder.  

Klein looks better when playing.  Milano looks better.  The fact that Bean is a terrible drafter with AJ and Basham and resigned vet players who are subpar does not mean Edmunds is therefore not also a giant bust.  

excuses are what a lot of people make for Edmunds.  Bean needs to go also.  Thanks for drafting Allen.  But making the playoffs should be expected, this team can’t beat a good team unless that team has an off day and its because we lack impact players.  

Your just looking to assign blame for a defense that hasn't been good against top competition all year. We gave up big yardage rushing against Tennessee, Indy(without Edmunds),NE and Tampa,losing all four. We need Edmunds to play better,but if our front doesn't even get near the QB and we keep giving up long touchdown runs, don't expect one guy to save the day. We can't protect our QB and can't run the ball. There's a lot of blame to go around. 

2 hours ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

This is true. A LB is only as good as the front 4 in front of them.

If they are shedding alot of blocks from Olinemen, then the Dline is not doing their job

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Im being 100% serious but despite the fact most fans and media understand this, I can almost guarantee that this regime will resign him.

Why? Because that's how clueless Beane is and he refuses to believe that he has made bad choices and draft picks.

Just wait until he's signed to a record contract or we here in the offseason from Beane and McDermott about 'how young he still is'.

• Eyeroll 1

Like many, many posters on this board, I feel that Edmunds could be more effective playing a different position but I'm not sure what that position would be - OLB in a 4-3?  ILB in a 3-4?  Old timers on the board may remember David Fulcher from the Cincinnati Bengals' glory days in the late 80's.  Linebacker size, played safety and kind of created havoc all over the field.  Kind of like a rover or monster man in college football.  Maybe you could use Edmunds creatively in that type of role.  Whatever you do with Edmunds, I'd love an LB who can be a run-plugger up the middle.  Not necessarily an every down player but someone we could play against run-heavy teams, Colts, Pats, etc.

3 hours ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Exactly my point. Edmunds gets roasted by this board because of all the team's shortcomings. He's not that bad.

Most are gnashing their teeth over the final play because that's the image stuck in their heads. That's not on him, there's not a LB in the league that could cover a WR who runs a 4.25 40. My ire is with the whiffed tackle on 3rd and 1, but I'll admit he's not as bad as the fans are making him out to be this week.

• Agree 2

I’m not a fan of Tremaine. I think the point has been made that his length is actually a disadvantage when trying to disengage from blocks because he then lacks leverage and he appears to not use his hands well either. And there are other issues/problems that have been extensively commented. There is no doubt however that he would look a lot better in a D that featured a Star and Kawaan Short at the top of their game like Luke Kuechly had in Carolina. He would probably even turn in the occasional big play.

58 minutes ago, QCity said:

Most are gnashing their teeth over the final play because that's the image stuck in their heads. That's not on him, there's not a LB in the league that could cover a WR who runs a 4.25 40. My ire is with the whiffed tackle on 3rd and 1, but I'll admit he's not as bad as the fans are making him out to be this week.

The formula for beating Brady is pressure up the middle. The Giants used it and we got 0 pressure all day long until Milano sacked him to set up the last drive that should have won us the game if integrity in officiating existed. Edmunds is an easy target  for frustrated fans, who won't admit with the investment in the D-line our front four is pedestrian. 

Meh, I could take him or leave him pretty much. He's made a few good plays here and there, but he's also made quite a bit of bad plays. Does seem to get blown off the ball often and completely taken out of the play. He will make bad decisions and be in the wrong place to make plays more often than you would like.

I was hoping and expecting quite a bit more out of him and he hasn't been what they need him to be for whatever reason. imo I think we could do better. Anyways, that said he will probably get resigned. 

5 hours ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Exactly my point. Edmunds gets roasted by this board because of all the team's shortcomings. He's not that bad.

no he sucks. JFC this play highlights it. you can talk about what position he plays and scheme and players around him. blah blah blah. im talking about a football player 1 on 1 with an aging out of the league QB completely whiffffffingg

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.