Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Bangarang said:

We’re in trouble if our hopes of having a good pass rush are in the hands of Epenesa, Groot and Basham. 

Well that’s on the HC and GM. They spent into the position group that was aging. I couldn’t care less anyway. Build an OL that protects Josh and he makes up for Bad Defense (see Tampa today). 

1 minute ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

No the Wr pulled him into him and Wallace was turning his head probably intercepted if evens doesn’t reach around pull him In

Oh, I'm not arguing that in some kind of totality of the circumstances thing you're right. But the ref in real time is gonna see the obvious thing and not what we see in a slow motion replay. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Man, I been watching football a long time ... when the DB doesn't turn his head in time, it's a penalty, sorry for injecting a little reality into the discussion.

That unofficial requirement is applied to some teams and not to others. As we just witnessed.

Just now, Gene1973 said:

I'd have to watch the replays again, but iirc, Wallace did not turn back toward the ball. Doesn't matter if the WR slows up and causes the collision. A smart QB & WR will intentionally cause that contact if the DB is out of position and doesn't turn his head.

I'd have to watch the Diggs play again to see if that DB had his head turned.

Wallace was turning his head and then evens whos has his arm around Wallace pulls him in. It’s hard to turn your head when your arm is being pulled in 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

Bad call, but you also can’t let Gronk get 15 on a 2nd and 17, while the OC completely pantsed our defense on the TD. That was an amazing playcall he was saving all day

I'd say it was self inflicted both times.

Taron 1-1 in the flat to tackle Gronk, and maintained outside leverage, but he missed the tackle and nobody was inside (looked like their should have been).

Game winning play we simply didn't get home with a 5 man pressure, and Dane left his man to pick up the stacked cross coming into him.  Tremaine looks like he's to blame when he's intended to take away the middle and took a step with the double cross.  Hardly some secret play by Leftwich, we were out executed on a typical man-beater.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

It really pains me to see all these pussies on this board after losses.  You have no idea what it's been like since 1999.  Exactly why I need to stop even reading your weak crap.

If 1999 is your benchmark then you didn't live through the 1970s and most of the 1980s squads.  THAT ***** was terrible, and the drought, except for its longevity, pales in comparison.

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I'd have to watch the replays again, but iirc, Wallace did not turn back toward the ball. Doesn't matter if the WR slows up and causes the collision. A smart QB & WR will intentionally cause that contact if the DB is out of position and doesn't turn his head.

I'd have to watch the Diggs play again to see if that DB had his head turned.

The replays have literally been posted multiple times in this thread.  Wallace was pulled into the WR by the WR.  You cant turn around if the WR wraps his arm around you and pulls you into his body.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats not what you said.  What you are actually saying here though is the Bills need to outplay the referees which is a problem in the first place.  Referees should not be deciding games period.  If they call something one way.  It needs to be called the other way.  If they let it go one way.  They need to let it go the other way.

4th and goal defender had Diggs arm wrapped as the defender was falling down.

3rd down in OT Wallace was pulled into the defender by the defender.

The refs decided the game period.  I don't care if its on the road.  I don't care if the team is playing against Tom Brady.  It shouldn't happen period

Your original argument was the team needs better talent so the game is kept out of reach.  The game was not kept out of reach by a team with better talent.  The refs literally kept the less talented team from winning the football game.  Thats what happened.

Two straight agonizing losses.  Monday night I felt they just got physically beat so while I didn't care for the result the way it all played out was pretty much fair and square.  The ref's called a straight and fair game and more or less went unnoticed most of the night.

Today is different.  The refs just wouldn't take the flag out of their pockets when the Bucs defensive backs were all over the Bills receivers.  Let go a couple critical calls late but have no problem throwing the overtime flag when the contact was consistent with what they were letting go against the Bills.  And Brady just seems to lead a charmed life as a constant beneficiary of being on the "right" side of all the inconsistent and questionable help from the officials.  

Allen played his guts out tonight and both the offense and defense rallied around his effort and will.  What hurts is the ref's took it all away because they just wouldn't call it fair.  I think the team takes on a don't get mad get even approach over the rest of the season and plays their best ball of the year down the stretch to a play off spot.  Frankly, I won't mind if they have to play on the road because for some reason they seem to play better away.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Yes, finally someone with common sense.

Do you not see the blatant penalties?  

that’s exactly what being screwed is.  Yes, Beane and McD screwed us too….. but that doesn’t make what the refs did ok.   It’s ridiculous and even more ridiculous that not one person will be held accountable.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

How about you ignore my posts then.  You’re exhausting with your thumbs down on every post that criticizes the HC. I have my opinion and I know what I see if you don’t like it then carry on Mrs. McD. 

It’s not that you just say what you have to say and move on. It’s that you continue to post the same material like a nagging wife or gf. It’s exhausting. 

saying he needs to be fired after going to the afc championship is just…. Low iq stuff. 

I will keep thumbs downing because I don’t agree. So how about you just ignore my thumbing down.   Yeah?

sounds good. Good talk 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.