Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Complain all you want about officiating, coaching, whatever.  It doesn't change anything.  We finally have good coaching and good FO management.  Take a step back and look at the big picture.  F'ing Whaley isn't in charge anymore and we should appreciate the F out of that.  Everyone needs to take a PILL and relax.  Geez!  Have you completely forgotten the last almost 20 years of ineptitude?  We have it so good right now.  Shut the F up and enjoy the ride you crybabies!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BernieBill said:

Man, I been watching football a long time ... when the DB doesn't turn his head in time, it's a penalty, sorry for injecting a little reality into the discussion.

Sad in this case, but clearly true. Evans might've sold it (hey, that's a skill for WRs just like it is for James Harden jumping into defenders), but that doesn't get a call if the DB turns toward the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Our QB is something really really special. I know some folks on the gameday  thread wanted him cut in the first quarter, but my god what a gutsy performance. Getting hit almost every play, playing with a bum wheel for a good chunk of the game and he went 36/54 for 308 with 2TDs and ran for 109. Yes he had a pick. With our worthless offensive line, that was one hell of a performance. 

Such heart, such guts - some other players on the team should feel ashamed after watching him

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Funny I said last week in the postgame thread that I would think the odds gotta swing in our favor in these close heartbreakers we’re dealing with….. but here we are again.  

5 losses by a combined 23. Geez. 

I would put forth coaching is as much a cause for all those close losses as anything.

It's a handicap we have to overcome, and it's a problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, par73 said:

Bills needed to close the deal in regulation (despite officiating). Too many games this year they had a chance at the end, and came up short. This season's epitaph.

Thats the real surprise this season. Every close game the Bills have done exactly what they needed to do to lose, no more and no less. The thing we usually refer to as being ‘Billsy’. This has not been a previous rain of McDermott squads. Not sure if it’s just incredible flakiness, arrogance, randomness, league bias and/or incompetence or how much of each, but it’s getting annoying.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If I'm McDermott, I'm getting fined by the league because I'm going ballistic in the press conference about the refs. You have to stand up for your team sometimes

McPuss doesn't have the stones to do it. That Diggs non call was egregious. And if Brady threw that ball 6 flags come out. The NFL is officially the WWE.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Man, I been watching football a long time ... when the DB doesn't turn his head in time, it's a penalty, sorry for injecting a little reality into the discussion.

So why wasn’t your reality called against Diggs multiple times?

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Sure but more than 1 thing can be right

Yeah….I don’t think they were better.  I thought they were better for about half the game.  Then they choked and we came back, should have won, but the refs didn’t give us any calls.  Blatant penalties.   

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If I'm McDermott, I'm getting fined by the league because I'm going ballistic in the press conference about the refs. You have to stand up for your team sometimes

The only way to avoid the pitfalls of sucky NFL refereeing is to dominate your opponent.  Our team did absolutely nothing in the first half of this game.

McD can burst an artery over this for all I care, but when the team has done it's job then practically nobody talks about the refereeing that we all know is terrible.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Hughes and Addison they used a 1st and 2nd for already. 

Sanders I don’t care he can sit now and let Gabe Davis take his snaps (as he should have ALL season). 

We’re in trouble if our hopes of having a good pass rush are in the hands of Epenesa, Groot and Basham. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Sad in this case, but clearly true. Evans might've sold it (hey, that's a skill for WRs just like it is for James Harden jumping into defenders), but that doesn't get a call if the DB turns toward the ball.

It’s hard to turn with your arm being held

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

No the Wr pulled him into him and Wallace was turning his head probably intercepted if evens doesn’t reach around pull him In

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

Bad call, but you also can’t let Gronk get 15 on a 2nd and 17, while the OC completely pantsed our defense on the TD. That was an amazing playcall he was saving all day

It's basically what KC did to Edmunds all day in the AFC Championship...Make him react and make a play on a crosser behind him...

Anyway...Oh well...

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.