Primary Cause of Bills losing to Patriots/Colts/Titans/Steelers

Chaos

What is the primary cause of the Bills losses to the Steelers/Titans/Colts/Patriots  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What is the primary cause of the Bills losses to the Steelers/Titans/Colts/Patriots

• The other teams had better coaching that day
    • The other teams have better players
    • The other teams have better players and coaches.

1. Boettger, Morse, Ford, Feliciano suck. Suppose you could add Williams also. 

2. Star, Butler, Phillips, Harry all replacement level. Soft in the interior. 

3. Edmunds might be the most overrated Bill in history. Soft at point if attack, can't shed blocks, constantly over pursues, constantly gets caught in the wash.

4. Singletary and Moss don't belong on a NFL roster. Slow, indecisive, can't read blocking scheme(Moss). Small and slow. 

6 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Unfortunately that may be the game that keeps us out of the playoffs. 

In all four of the other losses, I think the other coaches are simply better head coaches.  Over time given equal rosters I think all four of those coaches win the majority of games vs. Coach McDermott (not all of them, but the majority). Meyer is truly inexperienced at the NFL level (and not at all impressive as a rookie)

16 minutes ago, noacls said:

1. Boettger, Morse, Ford, Feliciano suck. Suppose you could add Williams also. 

2. Star, Butler, Phillips, Harry all replacement level. Soft in the interior. 

3. Edmunds might be the most overrated Bill in history. Soft at point if attack, can't shed blocks, constantly over pursues, constantly gets caught in the wash.

4. Singletary and Moss don't belong on a NFL roster. Slow, indecisive, can't read blocking scheme(Moss). Small and slow. 

Morse was all-pro level when signed by the Bills.  Wayne Teller excelled after leaving the Bills. Is it possible it is more oline coaching than talent? 

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Outside of Diggs the WRs are pretty meh at this point in their careers and Davis is too inconsistent. It’s a need this off-season IMO.

I don't disagree that WR is an off-season need, but I also don't think it's fair to say that Davis has been inconsistent.  I think his playing time is what's been inconsistent, which is a head-scratcher for me.

Sidelining Davis and benching McKenzie has hurt our offense and that is poor coaching/personnel management, IMO.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't disagree that WR is an off-season need, but I also don't think it's fair to say that Davis has been inconsistent.  I think his playing time is what's been inconsistent, which is a head-scratcher for me.

Sidelining Davis and benching McKenzie has hurt our offense and that is poor coaching/personnel management, IMO.

Are we still "trusting the process"?

Edited by Chaos

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Our we still "trusting the process"?

Well, we're one of the most penalized teams in the NFL.  Our HC has benched one of the best return men in the NFL, who is also a chain-mover on offense.  And we've stopped letting Josh Allen use his legs in the red zone.

I'm gonna say, "no."

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He drops too many balls still IMO. 

Knox had that problem in prior seasons and until last week, seemed to have solved the problem. It may take on-field experience to improve this aspect of receiving. 

Edited by Chaos

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

In all four of the other losses, I think the other coaches are simply better head coaches.  Over time given equal rosters I think all four of those coaches win the majority of games vs. Coach McDermott (not all of them, but the majority). Meyer is truly inexperienced at the NFL level (and not at all impressive as a rookie)

Morse was all-pro level when signed by the Bills.  Wayne Teller excelled after leaving the Bills. Is it possible it is more oline coaching than talent? 

Good question.  You have to think OL coach is on the hot seat

If Josh doesn't mess up on the QB sneak, we beat the Titans. If 2 tds aren't dropped and had Breida not fumbled on the NE 30 yd line we beat the Pats. Too bad you didn't provide a 4th option, like:

"Bills offense not taking advantage of plays when presented". Yes, even Allen. 

Mistakes, self induced, had an impact on those games.  That is on the players.  Lack of execution is on the players. Coaching has been spotty and game plans with the lack of adjustments early in games is a problem.  All these together leads to losses. 

23 hours ago, Chaos said:

Every football game has a unique set of circumstances.  Reasons for winning and losing can certainly vary.  But over time there are certain trends one might notice.  In four of the five Bills losses this season, I think the Bills were clearly outcoached.  There is not a single loss I blame on the other team having better players.   Of course this is an opinion. I am curious as to other peoples opinions. 

Total BS.  Those teams ran over us and we couldn't run.  That is the problem. We drafted a warm weather team.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Chaos said:

It seems like players that can't execute might not be good players. 

Got it...so Josh Allen isnt good because he lost his footing on the sneak against Tenn.  Diggs sucks too because he didn't haul in the TD against the Pats.  

Great analysis there chief *sarcasm*

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

Total BS.  Those teams ran over us and we couldn't run.  That is the problem. We drafted a warm weather team.

So you maintain our coaches and players are better than the other teams but they beat us because of weather.  Ok. 

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Got it...so Josh Allen isnt good because he lost his footing on the sneak against Tenn.  Diggs sucks too because he didn't haul in the TD against the Pats.  

Great analysis there chief *sarcasm*

so you are saying we keep losing games even though we are outcoaching and outplaying them that day. wierd analysis, but you are entitled to be wierd. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.