Primary Cause of Bills losing to Patriots/Colts/Titans/Steelers

Chaos

What is the primary cause of the Bills losses to the Steelers/Titans/Colts/Patriots  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What is the primary cause of the Bills losses to the Steelers/Titans/Colts/Patriots

• The other teams had better coaching that day
    • The other teams have better players
    • The other teams have better players and coaches.

Every football game has a unique set of circumstances.  Reasons for winning and losing can certainly vary.  But over time there are certain trends one might notice.  In four of the five Bills losses this season, I think the Bills were clearly outcoached.  There is not a single loss I blame on the other team having better players.   Of course this is an opinion. I am curious as to other peoples opinions. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It’d be sweet if the Bills defense had an emotional leader (like Ray Lewis/Takeo Spikes/London Fletcher/etc) whose play on the field backed up their persona. There’s not one guy on this defense who instills fear or causes the opposition to game plan against. Tre White is closest to that, but even he can’t stop the upper echelon WRs alone. In fact, no corner in Goodell’s modern day NFL can truly take away an entire side of the field.
The defense needs a heartbeat, the offense needs dogs along the offensive line. Feliciano is closest to that, but his actual talent is subpar. Back to the drawing board, Beane. Do better with your resources.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

None of the above.

There needs to be an option for “self inflicted wounds.”

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

A few that aren't often mentioned.

1.  They have some overrated players in their lines: Star/China Doll, and Mitch Morse.  

2.  Edmunds couldn't find the right hole to fill if they put cones up for him.  He also gets himself caught up in traffic all the time.  Esp. apparent in NE game.

3.  Their guards are too slow to pull so they run by just pushing forward.  Pretty hard to do when their guards aren't good at that either.

4.  Their DEs are constantly getting buried inside by WRs and TEs.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Your poll is completely wrong.  It doesn’t have the ONLY actual reason.  None of your choices are correct.  

Player execution with self inflicted mistakes.  That’s the answer.  Untimely penalties, a slip, a drop, etc.  

It seems like players that can't execute might not be good players. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

The primary cause of all of our losses, overwhelmingly, is poor performance or not enough good performance from Josh Allen.

When he is on, we win, almost always.

The question of why Josh underperformed is complex, varies from game to game, and involves lots of people other than just Josh.

The poll above is way too simplistic to be of value.

If the OP wants to start a thread arguing against our coaching, go for it!  Say it! 

But the poll isn't necessary or helpful IMO.

27 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Every football game has a unique set of circumstances.  Reasons for winning and losing can certainly vary.  But over time there are certain trends one might notice.  In four of the five Bills losses this season, I think the Bills were clearly outcoached.  There is not a single loss I blame on the other team having better players.   Of course this is an opinion. I am curious as to other peoples opinions. 

What a bunch of threads this week are starting to hint at or straight up point to is the fact that this fanbase doesn't totally believe in this team's coaching.

Is it good enough to get us over the hump?  Is it good enough to beat the best coaching in the league in the playoffs in a game with everything on the line? 

Maybe not.  The thing is, we aren't going to know that until the team achieves enough success...rises to a certain ceiling point, but then can't get beyond it...if in fact that is what is going to happen.

It might take a couple more years of frustration and stalled playoff campaigns for it to really sink in: we don't have elite level coaching and that's a problem.

Then again, maybe they are good enough.  The issue hasn't been decided yet IMO.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The primary cause of all of our losses, overwhelmingly, is poor performance or not enough good performance from Josh Allen.

When he is on, we win, almost always.

The question of why Josh underperformed is complex, varies from game to game, and involves lots of people other than just Josh.

The poll above is way too simplistic to be of value.

If the OP wants to start a thread arguing against our coaching, go for it!  Say it! 

But the poll isn't necessary or helpful IMO.

What a bunch of threads this week are starting to hint at or straight up point to is the fact that this fanbase doesn't totally believe in this team's coaching.

Is it good enough to get us over the hump?  Is it good enough to beat the best coaching in the league in the playoffs in a game with everything on the line? 

Maybe not.  The thing is, we aren't going to know that until the team achieves enough success...rises to a certain ceiling point, but then can't get beyond it...if in fact that is what is going to happen.

It might take a couple more years of frustration and stalled playoff campaigns for it to really sink in: we don't have elite level coaching and that's a problem.

Then again, maybe they are good enough.  The issue hasn't been decided yet IMO.

So you are saying the other players are better because Josh has not been good enough.  I don't know how  I could more clearly state in the OP, my opinion that coaching is the problem. 

Edited by Chaos

32 minutes ago, Chaos said:

You left out the Jags…

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Your poll is completely wrong.  It doesn’t have the ONLY actual reason.  None of your choices are correct.  

Player execution with self inflicted mistakes.  That’s the answer.  Untimely penalties, a slip, a drop, etc.  

I would add self-inflicted mistakes at critical times. No one on this team plays their best ball at goal to go or winning time.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Poll oversimplifies the issues, but I said better players because we lost those games primarily as a result of our lines being outmatched. 

Games are made up of players and coaches. I supposed 50/50 is a option. If you lose its pretty simple, you got outplayed or outcoached.   It is often a combination. The poll is asking which is the bigger issue.  It seems some people want an option along the lines of "we outcoached and outplayed the other teams, but we lost anyway"

11 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You want to put all 60 guys in one category when you say "players".  Sorry, can't let you do that.

Already did without your permission.  Its is perfectly logical to asses the average talent level of two teams rosters vs each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.