Tyrod benched for a rookie again

BuffaloBillyG

I really hoped Taylor could find success outside of Buffalo when he left. He seemed like a really good dude, really good teammate. However, being benched by Houston and a coach that he played for in the past in Culley...this should signal the end of his starting opportunity in the NFL. Still, would be a great back up for some teams. Maybe he heads back to where it all began in Baltimore to back up Jackson. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32837466/houston-texans-turn-tyrod-taylor-davis-mills-quarterback

• Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1

He's already extended his NFL career as long as he could have hoped for.

Now he'll ride on the bench of years to come, and millions and millions of dollars.

He'll retire very wealthy, so good for him.

His playoff game against Jacksonville was the worst QB'd playoff game I've ever seen (and that goes for both teams!)

Bortles was terrible too.  That was a very winnable game for us, if we had an ounce of offense.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I really hoped Taylor could find success outside of Buffalo when he left. He seemed like a really good dude, really good teammate. However, being benched by Houston and a coach that he played for in the past in Culley...this should signal the end of his starting opportunity in the NFL. Still, would be a great back up for some teams. Maybe he heads back to where it all began in Baltimore to back up Jackson. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32837466/houston-texans-turn-tyrod-taylor-davis-mills-quarterback

bring him back here when Trubisky leaves for a starter gig. why not?  the guy can play.  

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Would love either Tyrod or Fitz as QB2 in Buffalo. 

Fitz may not play again. 

If the WFT don't pick up Kyle Allen's RFA option I'm wondering if they don't look at him. Young guys with a few starts under his belt. Good friends with Josh too. 

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Fitz would be a better player, but the Fitz Curse remains in effect.  The starters always get hurt when he's the backup.

Taylor would be much safer.

The starter always gets hurt when he's the starter, too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He's already extended his NFL career as long as he could have hoped for.

Now he'll ride on the bench of years to come, and millions and millions of dollars.

He'll retire very wealthy, so good for him.

His playoff game against Jacksonville was the worst QB'd playoff game I've ever seen (and that goes for both teams!)

Bortles was terrible too.  That was a very winnable game for us, if we had an ounce of offense.

I remember telling my wife after the Jacksonville game that Tyrod and Bortles had set Quarterbacking back 80 years in that game.   I've seen some stinkers,  but that was by far the worst.  They were both terrified to throw the ball.

6 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Fitz would be a better player, but the Fitz Curse remains in effect.  The starters always get hurt when he's the backup.

Taylor would be much safer.

Eh I don’t buy the curse. Think either would complement Allen well and could start a few games in a pinch. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So let me get this right ... we want a guy who can't even secure a starting spot on arguably the worst team in the NFL ... to be on our roster?

image.png.137e8a2d7171a852251a78973f8ba272.png

I mean… we need back-ups too.

Both guys, Tyrod and Fitz, have had similar bad luck in recent years/since leaving the Bills.  Pretty much everywhere either one of them has gone and been named the starter, they have been supplanted by a rookie or other young player, oftentimes due to their own unfortunate injuries.  Both are good guys and good teammates that can play, are excellent backups and could be starters in the right situation.  Neither guy is likely to lead a team to the Super Bowl, but paired with a strong defense and running game, these guys can run an offense on a successful.  Fitzy can also be pretty darned productive, as he was in Miami.  Tyrod is much more consertive - the proverbial game manager.

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Eh I don’t buy the curse. Think either would complement Allen well and could start a few games in a pinch. 

I mean… we need back-ups too.

I'd rather have Nate Peterman than Tuhrod.  And no ... I'm not kidding.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

Both guys, Tyrod and Fitz, have had similar bad luck in recent years/since leaving the Bills.  Pretty much everywhere either one of them has gone and been named the starter, they have been supplanted by a rookie or other young player, oftentimes due to their own unfortunate injuries.  Both are good guys and good teammates that can play, are excellent backups and could be starters in the right situation.  Neither guy is likely to lead a team to the Super Bowl, but paired with a strong defense and running game, these guys can run an offense on a successful.  Fitzy can also be pretty darned productive, as he was in Miami.  Tyrod is much more consertive - the proverbial game manager.

It's not bad luck. They aren't starting caliber QB's. They are brought in to be bridge QB's. Fitz is light-years better of a QB anyway. Tyrod had a nice run in Buffalo, but he has not been the same since he left. Fitz has actually gotten a lot better since leaving.

• Agree 1

Not really sure how 0-6 Davis Mills gives the Texans a better chance to win than the 2-4 Tyrod Taylor. I know W/L is a team stat, but TT has better QB stats too. 

Mills is a 3rd round pick with 1 quality start under his belt (vs Patriots - although they still lost the game). His other 5 starts are varying degrees of awful (Houston was down 38-0 vs Rams before he racked up some garbage time stats). 

I doubt even TT could complain about getting benched for Herbert. Getting benched for Mills though? Yikes 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.