QBs Calling Plays

Milanos Milano

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Out of 46 passing plays like NEs* 46 running plays,  Josh is bound to pop one... And Bills will win the game!

Give it a shot.  Trust the process!

And at some point, too, you'll get one for free when they call DPI.

Gotta be in it to win it!

THROW THE BALL

By and large, I think Daboll has done a nice job as an OC.  He was given a raw QB with a low completion rate, a couple of slow 3rd round backs, and a bunch of poor offensive linemen.  Yet, the Bills have been averaging roughly 30 points per game, last season till now.

There are games where the Bills seem to be able to score at ease and on those days I think Daboll is a genius for covering up all our deficiencies.  

And then there are games like the one against New England where I just don't know what he was trying to do.  

But I don't think changing the playcaller is the answer.  As it is now, Daboll calls the play and gives Allen the authority to audible if he sees something in the D.  That's probably the best way to run an offense in the modern NFL.

• Disagree 1

I trust Josh to do what's needed to win 100% more than Daboll.  Josh is..., well, Josh.  He has a chance to be the best, EVER.  Daboll is another failed Belichick underling.

Let Josh run his own show, he will figure out whatever it takes to win.

• Agree 1

On 12/8/2021 at 9:29 AM, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

I watched the Manning cast because I can't stand the ESPN Monday night guys.  Peyton was calling plays most of the night and seemed frustrated with some of those calls near the goal line.  If Bills ever let Josh call plays I think he will be more like Kelly and make the adjustments needed.  I kind of feel he does that sometimes when the play breaks down, but some of those run calls inside the 10 had no chance.  Probably won't happen until Daboll is gone, but...

Does Peyton want an OC job ?

Get him out of the studio Beane.

On 12/7/2021 at 11:06 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

Jim Kelly called his own plays, Peyton Manning called his own plays. We all have been complaining at Daboll’s head scratching calls at times, so you think Allen calling his own plays would be any worse? Are you guys willing to let Josh Allen truly lead this team? Josh has subtly hinted at his frustrations with the play calling and I think he secretly wants to take over those duties. 

Then we know who to blame. Allen would be solely responsible for this offensive success or woes. We still need better o-linemen, but I think Allen would lead us just like Kelly did. 

When ever someone thinks player is "subtly hinted" it is because what that person is thinking and person has no idea how player is thinking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.