"Just make me love you baby" the improved version of "Just win baby"

Chaos

I want to win very badly.  I am willing to criticize every mistake the Bills make. I want to win very badly.   But this edition of the Bills transcends my normal compulsion to win. 

I am an old man. Huge sports fan since the 60's first baseball, then baseball and football, later baseball football and college basketball (Go Bonnies) but trickling off to only following the Bills closely these days.   In my youth I loved the players, Bobby Murcer,  Thurman Munson, Reggie Jackson (A's and Yankees version). I wanted them to win, but my love was unconditional.  Over the years, free agency and the general demeanor of players made it harder to love them personally (thanks OJ) and the only satisfaction was if my team won.  

The Josh Allen / Stefan Diggs version of the Bills have made me love them like no team in any sport in decades.  They are class acts. The enjoy life.  They play with passsion. They have become part of the community. They are fun.   Truth be told, if Beane errs on the side of continuity because the players are great people, I can't fault him.  

The problem with loving the players is that when they lose, I am more disappointed for the players than I am for the fans.  But if they can "Just make me love them" I can handle not winning them all.  PS. "Just win baby" is far catchier. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1

Sorry but I'm far more disappointed for the fans then the players. These guys are making bank. We're showing up at airports and enemy stadiums in droves. I felt sorry for the 90's players. They just couldn't get over the hump for 4 years. Now we have a QB better than Jim. Yet are these players really motivated enough to outplay opponents like Tennessee,  NE .....hell even Jacksonville?  And are the coaches component enough to point them in the right direction?  I feel much worse for the fans, especially old timers like myself. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.