Seeing a pattern here

damj

2 hours ago, colin said:

good point, Dopey!

said another way: players not being ready to play, be it their personal mindset or schematic implementation or preparation prior to the game, be it a function of specific x's and o's or a more general systemic "culture" prevalent in the professional football club environment, is a function of the effectiveness of the management of that football club, i.e. the coaching staff.

Playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years. AFC championship game last year. After having Rex and the other clowns coaching here and no playoffs since 1999. How old were you then? Think about it. How many teams can say they've done better over the last 4 years? Not many. None of this happens with players not ready to play. As you said, personal mindset, schematic implementation and preparation prior to a game. Be it a function of specific X's and o's or a more general systematic "culture" prevalent in a professional football club environment, is a function of that football club, i.e. the coaching staff. So yeah, good point, Dopey! 

Again, playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years. AFC championship game last year. After almost 20 years of sucking. This turn around happened under this coaching staff. You cannot read this and not agree. You can say you don't, but come on man. 

I knew this was coming. You didn't realize you were making my point a valid one, did you? 

4 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Most of our struggles are with the OL. Can't open holes for the RB and can't protect Josh.

When they do open holes, the rb's run into the back of a blocker, or run away from the hole. None of our rb's have good vision at the point of attack. 

23 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

When they do open holes, the rb's run into the back of a blocker, or run away from the hole. None of our rb's have good vision at the point of attack. 

I'm much more concerned with the pass blocking aspect to things.

When Josh doesn't get enough protection, he panics and struggles to find receivers.  That gives rise to us having trouble moving the ball or getting first downs, and the entire game spirals out of control from that point forward.

When Josh is well protected, he stands in the pocket and makes decisive throws downfield, we move the ball, we score touchdowns, and we win games.

We have beaten up on the teams that don't give our OL trouble, and looked bad against strong front 7 units.

I'm all in favor of upgrading our RBs, as long as we don't spend much doing it.

3 hours ago, Pirate Angel said:

Teams with good defensive fronts beat us because our Oline is bad and our rbs are bad, not average, not ok, not mediocre but bad.

To be far, the RBs are also awful. 

32 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

To be fair, the running backs also lack speed and power. 

5 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Most of our struggles are with the OL. Can't open holes for the RB and can't protect Josh.

Hard to tell what might have been with 45 mph gusts, but I felt a lot better with Brown back at RT. Still have work to do, but who doesn’t. If you take your focus off of one game, and look at a trend over the last several years, it takes some of the sting out of it.

Remember when people used to complain about our blowout losses? In 4 of our 5 loses a single play might have made that a win. Last year we got the bounces and wound up 13-3. This year we just need to get hot and peak at the right time! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have a pesky thought that if the OL improves so will singletary running stats  ...its not rocket science. If the holes are there he can ball. He plus a bonafide draft find studly RB is on my wish list to complement he and I think with that they would be set.

m

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Dopey said:

Playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years. AFC championship game last year. After having Rex and the other clowns coaching here and no playoffs since 1999. How old were you then? Think about it. How many teams can say they've done better over the last 4 years? Not many. None of this happens with players not ready to play. As you said, personal mindset, schematic implementation and preparation prior to a game. Be it a function of specific X's and o's or a more general systematic "culture" prevalent in a professional football club environment, is a function of that football club, i.e. the coaching staff. So yeah, good point, Dopey! 

Again, playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years. AFC championship game last year. After almost 20 years of sucking. This turn around happened under this coaching staff. You cannot read this and not agree. You can say you don't, but come on man. 

I knew this was coming. You didn't realize you were making my point a valid one, did you? 

all that means is that the coaches are better than the trash we had before.  also, w allen on this team, we are and should be judged more strictly, as we have a top flight qb, we should expect top flight results.  

furthermore, prior history loses relevance in the nfl very quickly, you are only as good as you are right now, and right now we are middle of the pack of the afc.  that's not acceptable.

33 minutes ago, colin said:

all that means is that the coaches are better than the trash we had before.  also, w allen on this team, we are and should be judged more strictly, as we have a top flight qb, we should expect top flight results.  

furthermore, prior history loses relevance in the nfl very quickly, you are only as good as you are right now, and right now we are middle of the pack of the afc.  that's not acceptable.

By your theory, Andy Reid should be fired too. Your head is too far up Allen's ass. He didn't come to the league being this good. He was coached. By this staff. 

This" not acceptable" line some of you guys throw out there is crap. You're not entitled to anything performance wise by this team. You're just a fan. Some of you seem to forget that. Same for the " what have you done for me lately" crowd. You're not that important to them. 

"Not acceptable"  🤣

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

By your theory, Andy Reid should be fired too. Your head is too far up Allen's ass. He didn't come to the league being this good. He was coached. By this staff. 

This" not acceptable" line some of you guys throw out there is crap. You're not entitled to anything performance wise by this team. You're just a fan. Some of you seem to forget that. Same for the " what have you done for me lately" crowd. You're not that important to them. 

"Not acceptable"  🤣

dude, what is your actual point?  that the coaches are great and fans don't count?  like, you realize this a fan message board, right?

you're just coming off half cocked here, you pretend not to understand my point about the coaches doing a poor job, i've made a pretty clear case where and why our coaches have a shortcoming, and you need your head checked if you think allen isn't a rare talent, he did get the biggest guaranteed contract in nfl history, like it's not exactly brave to say he's good.

your comment to me about not being important or entitled to anything is telling.  you are nothing but a fan yourself, who are you to tell another fan (on a fan message board, where everyone is a fan giving fan opinions, for fun and venting purposes) what a fan should or shouldn't think?

lol, you seem like a guy who orders a jersey with the coach's name on it.  

Just now, colin said:

dude, what is your actual point?  that the coaches are great and fans don't count?  like, you realize this a fan message board, right?

you're just coming off half cocked here, you pretend not to understand my point about the coaches doing a poor job, i've made a pretty clear case where and why our coaches have a shortcoming, and you need your head checked if you think allen isn't a rare talent, he did get the biggest guaranteed contract in nfl history, like it's not exactly brave to say he's good.

your comment to me about not being important or entitled to anything is telling.  you are nothing but a fan yourself, who are you to tell another fan (on a fan message board, where everyone is a fan giving fan opinions, for fun and venting purposes) what a fan should or shouldn't think?

lol, you seem like a guy who orders a jersey with the coach's name on it.  

Yes, it's a fan board, I get it. 

Just giving my opinion on your opinion.  Pretty sure that's allowed.

I have a ton of fun here. Typically trying to get folks off the ledge. 

I didn't tell you what to think. Go ahead and vent. You seem pissed right now with this team. I get it, but the irrational "fire everyone" attitude is just dumb.

Did you forget this staff had to totally rebuild a crap franchise? You're not giving them enough credit. Especially Josh's development. This staff has Josh where he is in his development. He didn't do it alone.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I didn't tell you what to think. Go ahead and vent. You seem pissed right now with this team. I get it, but the irrational "fire everyone" attitude is just dumb.

Did you forget this staff had to totally rebuild a crap franchise? You're not giving them enough credit. Especially Josh's development. This staff has Josh where he is in his development. He didn't do it alone.

no, josh didn't do it alone, but i totally fade the argument that qb's are some kind of magical sapling which require special care in order to grow into 200 foot trees.  they are football players like the rest of them, and if a guy has what it takes, he'll make it somewhere.  if he doesn't, he wont.  

and i didnt' say to fire everyone, but clearly mcclaps has had a bad year, and im 100% unequivocally saying that dabol and some if not all (o line for sure) of our offensive coaching staff are simply not good, and they are riding high off of the explosion the bills o experienced which is a function of talent.  being horrible in the red zone and not making adjustments is a sign of weak coaching, and not having an offensive identity in your 4th year w the same qb (star qb at that) is a sign of poor ability.

daboll had trash results prior to the bills, and trash results his first two years.  it's one thing to argue about an imperfect oc who has had consistent success (greg roman) but a guy who has only had about 20 or so really strong offensive games of production is simply not the CV of a good OC. 

45 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Where is he in his development though? Is this season a regression? Is that Josh's fault or the coaches?

44 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Where is he in his development though? Is this season a regression? Is that Josh's fault or the coaches?

The “Season” a non entity, IS obviously a regression. It would have been extremely difficult to concoct an easier sked of absolute stiffs if one tried. Pre Season, @ KC & @ TB, loomed as the only likely losses! The Bills were... are?... were... better or far better than all the rest. Of course, they goofed it up on Opening Day, had that unforgivable L to Jax, and got badly pushed around by Tennessee & Indy.

Orchard Park has become a joke for visiting teams, as well! NO fear.

As for Doughball, clearly out of his depth. You have the NFL’s best QB this side of Aaron Rodgers, only a decade younger, with a rifle arm and able to dash and leap tall tacklers with a single bound! What do you do? Try a minimum of Passing plays in the first 2 Quarters of a crucial game and hand the ball off to sub standard RBs!

You NEVER call one end round, hesitation play, designed run play, for your huge, highly mobile QB.

And the Clapper- who is faaar better than any of the HC stiffs going back a generation to Wade, has reverted. Instead of trusting analytics, he is getting more conservative!

NO Convert or FG kicks should have been tried on Monday night! NONE! The design of the Offense should have been go... every time. Billy schooled the Clapper early and McD did not follow up with his 2 pointer, after the lucky fumble. And anyone who watched the very good fortune of the Patsies going from Left to over the Right bar, could see that. 

I lack confidence that McD has enough confidence to make these critical game decisions, anymore! 

18 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Who in there right mind thinks were beating Tampa? I haven't seen that forecasted anywhere where sanity was involved? Tampa is better than the Pats. The Bills lose to BOTH, and beat the other three teams who have already surrendered, and are looking forward to 2022. That's the Bills season in a nutshell. We irrationally thought they were good, because their schedule was filled with road kill. Next year their schedule looks normal, which unless drastic, and I mean drastic measures take place, they finish 8-9     

Vegas isn't as pessimistic as you are.  Point spread is only 3, moneyline for Bills to win +145.

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

Good question. His development is fine. IMO. Surely you can see his progress over his time here. Even Mahomes went through a bad stretch this year. Both are learning it's a team game and "hero ball" will only get you in trouble. He's young and still progressing. At an MVP level sometimes. He's not doing that all alone. There's coaching involved.

If KC listened to the "noise" fans made when their QB was in a slump, everyone would be fired. Defenses adjusted to KC. It took some time, but they seemed to have figured it out. Colin seems to have forgotten this. Or he's like a lot of "fans" who demand perfection when it doesn't exist in the NFL. By the way, just saying fire someone without having a replacement in mind is just someone who is venting. Cool, that's what this place is for. There's nothing wrong with an opposing view. He took my post personal for some reason. Like I can tell someone what to think and write. Again, good question. Seems like a rational thought. As opposed to some others. 👍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.