How many challenges has McDermott won?

Gisele

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand that's how you feel.

But in fact, the Patriots made a HUGE error receiving a punt, that resulted in a turnover and a Buffalo TD

They had another fumble, but managed to recover (vs 1 fumble that led to a NE TD for Buffalo)

They were also penalized more - 6 penalties for 47 yds vs 3 penalties for 20 yds

They objectively made more mistakes than B'lo did by several metrics

They came into the game with a plan that would work with who they have on their roster, we didn't

that's the sort of mistake that's hard to overcome.  It took McD until the 4th quarter to tell Milano to shoot the gap instead of waiting for the RB to come to him?  Not the sort of thing that shows up in your quoted metrics, but to me an example of where the stats tell a story different than what actually happened in the game.

Here's a better question, how many teams with a winning record has he beat during his time here?

Not many and it paints a bleak picture when you look at his year to year record in such games going back to 2017 and of course last year was the only highlight in terms of beating those type of teams.

2 hours ago, Gisele said:

And why the hell did we take the ball in the second half instead of the wind in the 4th quarter?  Belichick just laughs at these other coaches decisions.

It is easy to question it now, because it didn't work, but the thinking behind it (I think) was that we would score early and often, and that the Pats couldn't come from behind. It might have been a solid strategy, if we had actually been able to score.

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, that is where I got the info in the post you quoted.  It doesn’t get me the leave-wide info I’m looking for

Yeah I think u would just have to go coach by coach and write it down

I wish the weather didn't factor into the game I would have loved a regular game. I'm not complaining but I still wish it would have been normal condition

McD has never been a great game day coach. We’ve seen plenty of questionable challenges, puzzling inactive player lists, clock management issues, bad (and stubborn) game plans, etc over the years. 

His players seem to care for him and the culture of family is there, but he’s never been great on game day. 

5 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

McD has never been a great game day coach. We’ve seen plenty of questionable challenges, puzzling inactive player lists, clock management issues, bad (and stubborn) game plans, etc over the years. 

His players seem to care for him and the culture of family is there, but he’s never been great on game day. 

I've said this, more or less word for word, for several years now.

McDermott DOES do many of the job functions of Head Coach very well.

Game management is not one of them.

People aren't really harping on it today, but his decision to kick 1 extra point and not go for 2 is another mistake IMO.

It's better to know you didn't get it (if you aren't going to get it!) as early as possible and in a game like that, you need to score your points (2) when you actually are in a position to score points (like trying an extra point attempt).

You don't know when you're going to get back there again.

He/his staff struggle to get it right across the board.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.