That was not a Football Game Last Night - Weather ruined it

Billsfan1972

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Get lost.....  Really I posted my opinion on yesterday's game and that it was borderline unwatchable.

Looking for opinions.  You liked the game & conditions, good for you.

I find it sad that this seems an annual occurrence for the Bills.

Interesting stat they threw up about the least passes in NFL games & of course the Bills involved in almost everyone.

No I do not miss the Joe Ferguson 12 passes/game era either.

Those other two games from the 70s had less to do with weather and everything to do with OJ and an offensive line that just dominated opponents.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t know about his other posts, but I’m not quite sure what you see as his problem in this thread.  

what is it? The fact that he prefers to watch a different game than you do?  Fwiw, all of my non bills fan friends were also bored out of their minds watching the game last night.  It wasn’t entertaining.  It was extremely boring and certainly not  “entertainment”.  

It goes beyond this single thread.  You just need to look at the thread history.

Am sure not many people found the game entertaining if they were expecting chunk plays through the air.    But New England certainly got quite a few chunk plays on the ground...

• Dislike 1

Just now, prissythecat said:

It goes beyond this single thread.  You just need to look at the thread history.

Am sure not many people found the game entertaining if they were expecting chunk plays through the air.    But New England certainly got quite a few chunk plays on the ground...

It was a pathetic game by both teams. The game was ruined by weather.  Just as the OP predicted.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I had a thread locked saying how depressed the weather forecast had me when I saw it last week and lo & behold it ruined the game yesterday.

It was not fun to watch (win or lose) and please no platitudes to BB, it was a lousy game.  

Cold weather, while unpleasant can still be handled.  Some rain too you can work around.  A snow game when your team is playing for little can be fun to watch.

But a crucial Monday night game where the wind is howling just sucked the life out of last night.

Oh and Daboll's play calling and red zone offense has been terrible all year.  How about one play that you've been working on all year when you need it?  

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Yea go ahead.....  Nothing I've posted is outlandish or ridiculous.  I'm a Billsfan who posts opinions, and usually I will try & post some accompanying stats.

I just checked that you haven't started a thread this year.  I also noted that you seemed to have been miffed about my 300 yard threads that go back to 2019 on threads you've started.  

Go ahead look at this year's threads, which I've started maybe 10.....  Yep look at me.....

When football was a running league a game like that may have been fun. 

Games like that are no longer fun in this era. Especially when your team is built around passing the ball like our team is.

Obv the Bills need to improve their OLine and running game this offseason and that was a major part of our loss but getting a dome so Josh can shine over the next 10 years is going to be critical to us being a perennial contender. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t know about his other posts, but I’m not quite sure what you see as his problem in this thread.  

what is it? The fact that he prefers to watch a different game than you do?  Fwiw, all of my non bills fan friends were also bored out of their minds watching the game last night.  It wasn’t entertaining.  It was extremely boring and certainly not  “entertainment”.  

His other threads are terrible but this one is actually good.  This isn't the 1960's "the game is made to be played outside" crap.  That was just bruising on bruising football and not the skill the athletes are today.  

Yes, other stadiums are cold but they don't have the swirling winds like we have...there was an article about it recently.  It makes one side of the field basically unplayable.  

I hate when I hear "we drafted Josh because his arm strength and throw in the wind".  Yes he has the strength to throw in the wind but that same wind still will move it.  God is stronger than Josh's arm.  You saw the replays of the ball, a 5 yard out, getting pushed by the wind...the ball was basically starting to turn sideways.  Arm strength doesn't mean accuracy in the wind.  Wind moves things, wind moves bullets and those travel a lot faster than footballs.

We made him the 2nd highest paid QB of all time.  Lets put him in conditions where we can see him at his best.  We need a dome.  Super Bowls are played in domes and warm weather cities because you want the conditions ideal for a true match up.  Why not give that to Josh all the time?  Have home field run through Buffalo and the Super Bowl in another ideal condition location.  Yeah, we can still go on the road in the playoffs to other cold weather cities but it's not the cold, it's the winds.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've started 10 threads this year.   I thought the offense has seemed off, Diggs #'s down, worried about beating bad teams and it not telling us anything.....  Oh and a thread last week (which was locked) that I was dreading the weather forecast for yesterday and gutted thinking that it would ruin the game. 

Really help me understand as a fan why they are just so terrible?  

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/profile/24993-billsfan1972/content/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

Edited by Billsfan1972

It sucked to watch. But it basically forced the Patriots to concede the game. Doing what they did last night is not a winning strategy in any conditions.

It ended up being a huge advantage for the Bills. They tried giving us the game and we said no thank you, and gave it right back. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

His other threads are terrible but this one is actually good.  This isn't the 1960's "the game is made to be played outside" crap.  That was just bruising on bruising football and not the skill the athletes are today.  

Yes, other stadiums are cold but they don't have the swirling winds like we have...there was an article about it recently.  It makes one side of the field basically unplayable.  

I hate when I hear "we drafted Josh because his arm strength and throw in the wind".  Yes he has the strength to throw in the wind but that same wind still will move it.  God is stronger than Josh's arm.  You saw the replays of the ball, a 5 yard out, getting pushed by the wind...the ball was basically starting to turn sideways.  Arm strength doesn't mean accuracy in the wind.  Wind moves things, wind moves bullets and those travel a lot faster than footballs.

We made him the 2nd highest paid QB of all time.  Lets put him in conditions where we can see him at his best.  We need a dome.  Super Bowls are played in domes and warm weather cities because you want the conditions ideal for a true match up.  Why not give that to Josh all the time?  Have home field run through Buffalo and the Super Bowl in another ideal condition location.  Yeah, we can still go on the road in the playoffs to other cold weather cities but it's not the cold, it's the winds.

Perfectly said. 

I don’t remember much about the OPs previous threads.  He was spot on with the weather.  

regarding the bolded-  why not is a simple answer.  Too cheap.  Period.  There is no other way around it.  

we have played like wimps for like half of the season, last night was no exception to that.  beyond the weather tho, it is true that we simply don't have a home field advantage.  we don't play better at home than on the road.  3 afc losses at home so far this season.  our offense didn't show up for any of them, and our d got physically trucked in all of them (although actually overall fought hard and played well enough to win in two of them, indy was a run for the bus shart fest).

a team that doesn't play better at home, who crushes cans, and who can't score in the redzone is simply an team without confidence who is poorly prepared.  that's who we are.

41 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Get lost.....  Really I posted my opinion on yesterday's game and that it was borderline unwatchable.

Looking for opinions

Despite the outcome, I found the game to be quite compelling, and probably the tensest game of the year so far. Not a single one of my friends were bored, all of them were completely engaged and riveted until the final Allen incompletion (at which point they became enraged). Judging by the reaction on the internet, this game is clearly the talk of the week.

Here's another free opinion -- fans that blame the loss on the stadium are a bunch of clowns.

Continue your tantrum.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, QCity said:

Despite the outcome, I found the game to be quite compelling, and probably the tensest game of the year so far. Not a single one of my friends were bored, all of them were completely engaged and riveted until the final Allen incompletion (at which point they became enraged). Judging by the reaction on the internet, this game is clearly the talk of the week.

Here's another free opinion -- fans that blame the loss on the stadium are a bunch of clowns.

Continue your tantrum.

It’s not the stadiums fault that we lost.  It’s McBeanes fault for building a team that STILL can’t run the ball…..following a season which ended because we couldn’t run the ball.  For bringing back the same inept IOL that we all (well most) knew was inept.  

if we want to play in an open aired stadium in, by far, the nfls windiest city.….we have to build a team that can run the ball.  Our OL can’t run block.  Our RBs are pedestrian.  Our OC has no clue how to scheme and effective run game.  This team is built to win on the fast track in a dome.  Not our own stadium.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

Wasnt a particularly close game, no clutch moments no pressure we just won that one.

Saints were starting their 3rd string QB correct?

Last I knew, the 3rd string qb doesn’t play defense.  Our offense is noticeably better playing in a dome.

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

Wasnt a particularly close game, no clutch moments no pressure we just won that one.

Saints were starting their 3rd string QB correct?

Does the QB play defense?  We moved the ball at will.  Just like against the Dolphins, WFT, the Chiefs, Titans….we still are among the lead leaders in scoring.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s not the stadiums fault that we lost.  It’s McBeanes fault for building a team that STILL can’t run the ball…..following a season which ended because we couldn’t run the ball.  For bringing back the same inept IOL that we all (well most) knew was inept.  

if we want to play in an open aired stadium….we have to build a team that can run the ball.  Our OL can’t run block.  Our RBs are pedestrian.  Our OC has no clue how to scheme and effective run game.  This team is built to win on the fast track in a dome.  Not our own stadium.  

If Daboll isn’t fired, they will have to bring in a run game coordinator.  Daboll can’t draw up effective run game plans at all.

• Agree 1

Bunch of pansy's who have probably NEVER attended a Bills game here now calling for a Dome because the team is soft. Cold weather cities with much more wealth, larger corporations for luxury boxes, and much larger average salaries had chances and the monies to build a dome in the last 15 years, but because they know the NFL's legacy and history is tied to playing in the elements. I didn't hear Browns fans - Packer fans - Bronco fans - Bears fans - Patriot fans - Steelers fans - Bengal fans - Eagles fans - Jets/Giants fans - Seahawk fans - Ravens fans - clamoring for a nice comfy dome for Chardonnay sippers. I now live in Philly and the owner said he would rather sell the team than play indoors, and wouldn't pay the extra. Buffalo should be the LAST place for an expensive dome. One of the only  reason fans from around the country and indeed world cheer for the Bills is because of the weather we are known for, and being an underdog hard scrabble town. And to state the city of Buffalo would get year round use is a pathetic joke. For what? When the Trans Siberian Orchestra comes to town? Buffalo has less hotels than Toledo. If New York/New Jersey stayed outdoors, why should the state pay an extra $400M for a Dome for Buffalo? Were lucky their paying anything at all. Plus indoor football sucks. It's arena football. Only one DOME team has EVER won a Super Bowl! Vikings went to 5 SB's outdoors, none since. Give it up. If Buffalo goes indoors, they might as well move to Toronto. You people sound silly. Man up, put on a coat, go to a game. Or stay home in your comfy beds. Lastly last night was a total anomaly. The team has never played in weather like last night in it's 60 year history. So lets build a dome for a once in a century occurrence.                  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.