Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Be Careful What You Wish For.  Not as far as Star, I'm Done with him.

But there are plenty of teams which have gotten close, then blown up the coaching staff for not getting all the way quickly enough, and have plummeted back to the bottom of the pile.

The fire McD brigade must have lived under power lines or ate paint chips as a kid. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I don’t understand how anyone is downplaying this game due to TB being NFC..  Get to 11 wins however you need to… we’re basically guaranteed the playoffs with 11 wins.   That doesn’t change because one of them was against Tampa Bay. 

Downplaying? I’m pretty sure anyone realistic just understands we aren’t winning this game. Probably going to get hammered in all likelihood 

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Downplaying? I’m pretty sure anyone realistic just understands we aren’t winning this game. Probably going to get hammered in all likelihood 

A lot of people seem to think this game is crucial to our playoff odds, overall.

It's not.

Play with the calculators before you post! 

(I don't mean you, Brianmoorman4jesus!)

17 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

They were .500 when we played them 2-2.  That is not winning record or a losing record.

So you think that is a better representation of who the Chiefs are than 8-4, or the 14-2 the year before, or the 12-4 2years before. I'm sorry, I disagree, I'll go with the bigger sample size. 

Have a nice day

• Like (+1) 4

This is an important game, no doubt, but as others have posted, we aren't nearly out of it if we lose.  To me, this feels like either a close one or we get blown out.  I don't see us blowing them out.  I like the fact that we're desperate and have basically shot ourselves in the foot re most of our losses (so that's within our control).  I also like the favorable weather conditions.  I don't understand why the line is low as it is - Bucs -7/8 seems about right to me.  Hope we have the "balls out"/leave absolutely nothing on the table/take no prisoners/scorched earth approach to this game!  GO BILLS!  We win 34-31 in a thriller!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

We have not won a single game this year against a team with a winning record.

Buc's 9-3  equals Bills loss this weekend.   Sorry.. the numbers this year don't lie.

2 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

They were .500 when we played them 2-2.  That is not winning record or a losing record.

Do you not see how ridiculous and contradictory your logic is?

On the one hand, you're saying that when we beat the 2-2 Kansas City Chiefs who will end up with a winning record at the end of the year, but they were a different team.

For that matter, I'd throw in the Miami Dolphins and Washington Football Team (sorry guys... I called them the Redskins before) who I think will end up with winning records at the end of the year.  And we CRUSHED both teams... the Dolphins twice.

But those teams we crushed were different teams than they are now.

Okay... perhaps I can see that logic.

And yet, the Bills are static and can not change or turn a corner or go on a winning streak with 5 games left?

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

This might be a dumb question for most, hope you guys can help.

How can Buffalo win the division if we lose this Sunday but win out the rest of year.

Patriots need to lose one & we need to beat them. Assuming they win other games and we have a tied record at end of year.

Do we win tie breaker ? Really curious & i cant find the info online.

Thanks

Id rather win vs TB & hope this question means nothing Sunday! Go Buffalo

1 minute ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

How can Buffalo win the division if we lose this Sunday but win out the rest of year.

Patriots need to lose one & we need to beat them. Assuming they win other games and we have a tied record at end of year.

Thanks

Yes we'd win the tiebreaker if we lose to TB and win out because we'd have a better divisional record.  They lost to Miami early this year.

3 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Thanks

In that scenario, the Bills would win the tiebreaker because of a better division record and split head-to-head.  Patriots will have lost to Bills and Dolphins in the division.  Bills will have only lost once in the division, to the Patriots.  

Edited by Arkady Renko
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

In that scenario, the Bills would win the tiebreaker because of a better division record and split head-to-head.  Patriots will have lost to Bills and Dolphins in the division.  Bills will have only lost once in the division, to the Patriots.  

Very cool, Thanks

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes we'd win the tiebreaker if we lose to TB and win out because we'd have a better divisional record.  They lost to Miami early this year.

Good news, Thanks

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I really don't care for the points made about this game not being important to the Bills playoff chances.

For the psyche of this football team it's a must win in my book.

I think as fans our expectations should be that we win out season. Anything less is unacceptable. 

As coaches and players I would fully expect they have the same attitude. 

And I fully expect that Daboll has been told that points need to be scored in abundance or he’s fired.  FULL STOP

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

And that's absolutely fine.

However what I have seen this year from this team tells me that we are in for more of the same. This team....there is something really off about it from last season and even the year before. This doesn't seem like the same group of guys that hit the field and played for the guy next to them. 

I don't know if it's just a change in attitudes being a preseason favorite or if there is some levels of disconnect with the players in the locker room or something completely different. But this looks way more like a team that is about to go off the rails than a team that will pull together and play with heart.

greetings...I wanted to share that I learn a LOT from y'all and reading posts. Ima wear my heart on my sleeve kinda gal to me heart is crucial....But you made me realize how big or small your heart is is Insufficient increase to the level of physical excellence we want...its not heart or desire its physical ability...? strength. On The Field. I dont really care that much if their locker room is wack if they are winning and either would anyone else. the "What" is going on right now with this team, This locker room may well have some issues thats  gossip..I would say my greatest issue with the team is straight up coaching. More on them as far as Im concerned. I could be wrong. 

I dunno

teach me 2bd teach me

lol 

m

Edited by Muppy

4 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

I think as fans our expectations should be that we win out season. Anything less is unacceptable. 

And I fully expect that Daboll has been told that points need to be scored in abundance or he’s fired.  FULL STOP

Pretty much.  I will say that while I have scratched my head at times concerning Daboll the entire offense has to step up and play

with a sense of urgency like never before in this season.

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it just dawned on me this is an ego game for Brady. He has to beat the bills that Belichick just beat with Mac jones patsies. He’s going to take it personally. 

I think Brady takes every game personally.  He has to be the most competitve athlete of all time.  He still gets motivation from his draft position 20+ years and 7 rings later.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

This anemic offense is McD’s creation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.