McDermott Era Should End!

Wizard

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

😂

Dunkirk Don used that reference 

I know he created it that's why I used it.

I don't think I ever laughed so hard from an internet thread ;)

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

As bad as some of the clunkers are that I come up with, there's nearly as many I type out and then say "oh hell, I am not sending that!"

😁

That's the best way to avoid the ban stick ;) 

ban.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/7/2021 at 12:09 AM, Wizard said:

There was absolutely no reason that the Bills should have lost this game! For this reason, the Pegula’s need to clean out some of the coaching leadership.

The odds of screwing up so many times in a row in a game is probably a million to one. That comes down to poor coaching and players not executing. When players screw up and coaches can not adjust, then this means that McDermott’s coaching ceiling has already been reached. He and his staff are average despite the team’s history

Great Coach gets 10-14 points in the situation below.  Good coach gets 6 to 7 points. Replaceable coach gets 0-3 points. 

2x’s in the last 6 minutes the Patriots gift wrapped two very doable red zone touchdown opportunities. And, Allen gets sacked, an idiot TE false start, a missed field goal, and passing the ball when running could have led to more manageable play calling rather than 3rd and long and 4th and 14 situations.

No adjustments…means no Confidence!

The team lost at home with the best fans, better receivers, and quarterback, unbelievable opportunities to win, and the defense knowing in advance that 95% of the team’s plays would be runs. Mac Jones may have set a record in the last 40 years with 19 pass yards! In other words, our defensive line knew what was coming and the Hoodie decided to be completely one dimensional knowing the Bills could do nothing about it!!!

Winning Culture

Yes, there was wind and stats were not going to be as big tonight. The Bills had every reason to win and own the division. It was blanking Monday Night Football. The team had this game circled all season. No amount of clapping, rah rah, or “process” makes up for fumbling the game away.

Bad coaching, players aren’t executing, and we can’t build our offense or defense with underwhelming line play, time management issues, and not getting the ball from a 30 million dollar QB not getting the ball to Diggs or a line not capable of digging in and getting 10 yards on the ground with some old-fashion tough running.

Ceiling has been reached..new voices

A weaker AFC, Derrick Henry going down, the Chiefs inconsistencies and Ravens, and the inability to beat playoff caliber teams, execute at key times, and the lack of consistency on the lines means this is McDermott’s ceiling.

Time for Bills to make big changes!

If this thread was a GIF.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Evian said:

Mcdermott criticism was fair.

He found his footing though in the loss to the Pats. He got angry and stopped coaching afraid. He shed the soft non-risk taking label and we found out what he had in him.  That game turned it around for him as a coach. The Tampa game was the game the Bills as a team became the real Bills. Those two loses made this team who they are now. A legit threat to win it all.

………..

4 hours ago, Evian said:

Mcdermott criticism was fair.

He found his footing though in the loss to the Pats. He got angry and stopped coaching afraid. He shed the soft non-risk taking label and we found out what he had in him.  That game turned it around for him as a coach. The Tampa game was the game the Bills as a team became the real Bills. Those two loses made this team who they are now. A legit threat to win it all.

I agree with most of this. McDermott was still coaching scared in the Tampa game though. He repeatedly punted or kicked fgs on 4th and short. 

The actual worst takes are those who blamed Daboll all season because they didn’t want to admit the head coach had any faults. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

The OP is not coming back to this thread to acknowledge his overreaction.   It should be closed perhaps?

I was born in 1971, and most of my family has roots in Buffalo.  So, what I'm saying is that I've been following this team for what seems like an eternity (turned 50 late in 2021).  And most of my lifetime of following this team has been filled with them exhibiting clear mediocrity, if not total incompetence.  The 1990s were a breath of fresh air and a joy to watch, but then the drought happened.  And if you haven't seen it, 1984 and 1985 were particularly terrible seasons.  Clicking the dislike button now; do not watch those seasons under any circumstances, including boredom.

2021, and I think that this is a fair point, developed this divot close to midseason.  The Bills just weren't good enough.  I happen to really like Josh Allen.  I wish that we have a bromance, you know, like heterosexual male cuddling or what have you.  But something wasn't clicking, and we all saw it.  I've written before that I think that McD is a good coach, in particular when you compare him to his predecessors, but that he wasn't good enough.  This is directly after the 12/6 game against NE.  2021 was off, and yeah, I blamed coaching.  Having followed the team for so long, you always wonder when the wheels are/were going to fall off the bus, until...

The last few weeks, and in particular the second game against NE and again last night, have been ***** great, and easily the best Bills' ball I've seen since the 1990s squads (yes, last year was great, but it's not the same as of yet).  I don't know if it's the players or coaches or both, but goddamn.

Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Still can’t believe this was ever a discussion. As if great HCs are easy to find. 

Rex Ryan, Doug Marone, Chan Gailey, Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey, and Greggo were the coaches before McD. I think fans forgot just how bad the Bills coaches used to be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.