This game is squarely on the coaches

BuffBills51

15 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

they got thoroughly outcoached by the greatest to ever do it. It happens. But you’re right we should not be settling for “oh well it’s Belicheck” excuses. 

That's one way to put it.

Another is to say that our coaching tonight was middling to poor and is not good enough to win a tight game against top coaching.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I know people hate to do it, but you gotta stop giving the offense/QB a pass every time they lay an egg.

You give them all the credit in wins, then blame Daboll or McDermott in every loss. At some point you have to execute on the field, and the Bills failed in that regard on offense all night, even with great field position time & time again.

hell of a lot easier to execute when u have a decent game plan  to begin with....   u do still have to execute though (knox)

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's one way to put it.

Another is to say that our coaching tonight was middling to poor and is not good enough to win a tight game against top coaching.   

It absolutely was middling to poor. Im just putting it in light of comparison. Not making an excuse for it.

Why didn’t we take the wind in 2nd and 4th instead of deferring on coin toss?  Is that still an option?  I’m in Florida but was reading the BN pre game and saw gusts up to 55 mph. I was surprised when I heard the Bills deferred as I assumed it was gonna be a low scoring game. Possible I heard it wrong on the telecast or the announcers got it wrong. Having the wind in the 4th could’ve been the difference in the game. Presumably Bass makes his kick and we don’t need a TD at the end. 

42 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I know people hate to do it, but you gotta stop giving the offense/QB a pass every time they lay an egg.

You give them all the credit in wins, then blame Daboll or McDermott in every loss. At some point you have to execute on the field, and the Bills failed in that regard on offense all night, even with great field position time & time again.

Josh is starting to turn into a lability too.  He can't read the defense's this year and choose the correct receiver on his progressions.  He needs to take some blame too.  Even when he has protection he is making bad choices.

3 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Josh is starting to turn into a lability too.  He can't read the defense's this year and choose the correct receiver on his progressions.  He needs to take some blame too.  Even when he has protection he is making bad choices.

Bull..allen did more than enough to win this game..multiple bullets to knox...another bullet on 3rd and 13 down the sideline negated by spencer brown holding..perfect 50 yard bomb in the bread basket to diggs who drops the sure TD.....cant blame allen..mcdermott calling a timeout for no real reason,challenging a play with no clear evidence to overturn,frasier knowingvmac wont pass but still playing nickle defense..i mean why was wallace even out there on some of those plays?...hyde totally over persuing on that lone long td run....not going for 2 when davis scored to tie?...lots of things to blame but it wasnt ALLEN

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffBills51 said:

Poor time management. Not adjusting our defense to stop the run. Why did we never go with a 5 man front? Last two possessions in the red zone running that stupid dive that never gains a yard. Challenging the spot when everyone knew we had no chance to win that challenge. We got completely out coached tonight and by a large margin. 

I said this in Bills/Patriots thread 2 days ago

6 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

The difference is Brenda didn’t choose to fumble. McDermott chose to use 2 timeouts and not go for 2. 

Im not 100% sure he’s not the one behind the conservative play calling in the red zone either. Everyone wants to blame Daboll, and fair enough, but his boss could maybe say something to him. 

Daboll has been calling terrible plays in the red zone since he got here. I highly doubt McDermott has been saying something to him for that long and every time they get there. For the longest time he would call the same plays once he got inside the 25. He also admitted earlier in the year that they weren't game planning for teams and eventually our talented offense would rise to the top. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This game is on everyone.

The Bills laid a major egg and the blame goes all around.

Josh Allen is the only one who shows heart on a consistent basis. Very troubling.

I agree, their guys made less mistakes than ours. Coaching staff also made the mistake of playing with their cards close to the vest, we needed to make a statement beating the Patriots, but we were very timid with the gameplan, more so on offense. Allen is not without blame, he could have been better at certain points in the game. 

Everyone contributed for this to be a loss. 

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

What was the Bills offensive game plan? Can anyone explain it to me. How didn't the Bills staff know the Pats were going to run the ball til they dropped? On the other hand, the defense failed to contain gaps and were mauled in the trenches. It's a pretty good theme we are seeing yet so many here refuse to admit the obvious. Folks, let's start being more objective. Criticism doesn't equate to not being a fan. Now, I'll have to read about how the Bills go to Tampa and beat them. Can't wait to read it. 

7 hours ago, dma0034 said:

To be fair. Mac Jones was clearly a half yard short for like 2 seconds before the RB pushed him. If the whistle went one second earlier it would have been short

Of course, he was!

But, EVERYONE but the Clapper could see there was NO view, NO proof, NADA to overturn the spot! 

Schooled again!

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nope. It is squarely on the players.

I don’t think it’s squarely on anyone. It was a 4 point game and a lot of mistakes made. Any one of them fixed could have flipped this to a W. 

Coaches made some mistakes, though I think as always, a lot of people are mad at a bad result rather than a bad decision.

Skme great plays and potential TDs were taken off the board by drops and missed reads.

Just a lot of self inflicted wounds last night and that’s especially unfortunate considering how close it was and what the stakes were. 

50 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

I agree, their guys made less mistakes than ours. Coaching staff also made the mistake of playing with their cards close to the vest, we needed to make a statement beating the Patriots, but we were very timid with the gameplan, more so on offense. Allen is not without blame, he could have been better at certain points in the game. 

Everyone contributed for this to be a loss. 

That was pretty much Belichik's plan last night.  Limit opportunities for his team to make mistakes and count on the Bills to make enough mistakes on their own to lose the game.  Which they did and typically do right on queue against the Patriots.  I mean at the end of the game how many times do you feel they gave the game away vs. got beat? 

Sure the team has some talent ans physical issues but given the Bills game plan is basically the same thing every week regardless of who they're playing how hard do we think it is for even an average coach with a decent roster much less one of the best coaches ever with a very good roster to game plan against?  Tell me one thing the Bills did on offense or defense that might have come as a surprise last night?  Nothing.  I had it all figured out the day after Thanksgiving.  And you did too!  Its way too easy for the other team. 

What do you think they're planning for next week?  40 to 45 passes on offense and most likely less than 12 rushes.  I can see the stats already.  12 rushes for 55 yards, 26-40 passing for 260 yards a TD and 2 picks.  Predictable.  One more thing..  Last off season a lot of fans were worried we were going to lose our coordinators to head coaching gigs.  That didn't happen.  Anybody worried about that this coming off season?  More like looking forward to it.    

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.