Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I feel like in the midst of a playoff race firing Daboll would not be the right move without a viable replacement. Do you have anyone on our staff that you’d like more calling plays?

Well, I did say "somewhat" replace as in giving the guy some time off to grieve.

The Bills did quietly promote QB coach Ken Dorsey to passing game coordinator so if JIC Daboll were hired away they would have a replacement.  

1 hour ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

The offense scores a TD on one of those two red zone trips late and they win the game.

It's that simple. 

Also that Tennessee game if they score on that final run up the middle on 4th and one...they win.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

We had this guy but he moved onto a better team after the fans blamed everything on him and ran him out of town.

https://www.packers.com/team/coaches-roster/nathaniel-hackett

And yes, he was fired in Jacksonville by the guy who gave him his first job as an NFL OC.

AFAIK Packers head coach Matt LaFleur calls the plays in Green Bay. 

BTW, how did Blake Bortles development go? 

1 hour ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Wrong. Bills score they win.

It really is that simple.

All those rushing yards would have meant nothing. 

Did you watch the game? If they Bills scored the Patriots still have around 1 min and 55 seconds and 2 time outs to score. A field goal would tie the game assuming the Bills make the extra point. If the Bills go for 2 They are up either 2 or 4 points. There is no guarantee the Bills win.

Also, to play the "what if" game is pretty ridiculous too. 

Edited by newcam2012

54 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

In the pre-game thread I said we needed Dabolls best game plan and good execution.

I'd argue that we might have got Dabolls worst and the execution was poor.

We laid a rotten egg. !@#$ I'm pisssed.

I thought the Bills would have a few surprise plays. I can't recall one. Very little motion and countless runs up the middle that never worked. I get trying to run especially with the wind. However, the Bills line wasn't physical enough between the tackles. Yet, they continued to try to pound the ball. Even the broadcast team stated on a few occasions the Bills can't run up the middle with success. They even gave away a down or two in the endzone late in the game trying to run up the gut. Really a colossal mistake(s). The Bills defense gave up way too many yards on the ground. They never forced the Pats to pass. The offense scored one gift touchdown. The coaching staff was out classed by the Patriots. That hurts to say. The game in the trenches was won by the Patriots. What a major disappointment on so many levels. 

• Like (+1) 1

I actually think this is a Bills route with good weather. Had Diggs 2x in the endzone, Davis a second time. Knox couldn’t catch a cold tonight. thought it was a well played game by the offense considering…
Overall I’m ok with this game. Makes the playoffs harder to get to but still ok with this. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, jburt2625 said:

I actually think this is a Bills route with good weather. Had Diggs 2x in the endzone, Davis a second time. Knox couldn’t catch a cold tonight. thought it was a well played game by the offense considering…
Overall I’m ok with this game. Makes the playoffs harder to get to but still ok with this. 

Some people never learn and they fail to see the obvious. This is a perfect example here. No Bills fan should be "ok with this game." 

The fact is the game wasn't played in good weather. I could careless about woulda, coulda, shoulda, ... This team wasn't good enough to win. This team is in a dog fight to make the playoffs especially after Tampa and Brady hand them a can of whip a$$. Fournette is going to eat them alive. 

I'm not ok with the loss, the way the Bills played, and the weaknesses of the team. This team is not even remotely close to last years team. Stop with the excuses.  The only little hope is that the AFC doesn't seem to have a dominate team. Parity is pretty evident. This season is so frustrating compared to last year. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

Had our chances, could not execute in the Red Zone, again. 

We been getting stuck there all year. 

Teams don't need to make us 1 dimensional, we just are 1 dimensional and it's painfully obvious in the Red Zone. 

Mind boggling we didn't have some designed runs for 17 in that spot. In those conditions 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Did you watch the game? If they Bills scored the Patriots still have around 1 min and 55 seconds and 2 time outs to score. A field goal would tie the game assuming the Bills make the extra point. If the Bills go for 2 They are up either 2 or 4 points. There is no guarantee the Bills win.

Also, to play the "what if" game is pretty ridiculous too. 

Exactly, what IF Harry wasn’t a fool and actually got away from the punted ball. (TD Drive) What if the refs don’t call a rather soft and awful personal foul and it’s actually 4th and 1… ( FG drive)  Both sides can do it… weird stuff happens all game.. (I had put money in the swear jar for both of those lol)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jburt2625 said:

WHAT? There's no way anyone should be ok with this game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Mind boggling we didn't have some designed runs for 17 in that spot. In those conditions 

100% agree! .... The only run we had, was the consistently most unproductive part of the Bills offense all season, a run between the tackles that goes for no gain, and thus wastes a precious down. If you're going to run there, at least have it be a play where #17 is the ball carrier. Daboll (maybe Josh checked out it?) seems to get brain freeze in the red zone.

Woke up today feeling the same way I felt after the game last night, which is I think we need to prepare ourselves for the bills not making the playoffs this season. Even if they do, how far are they gonna get? After last night I think my expectations dropped dramatically. I see 3 more wins for this team and who knows if 10-7 will get us in

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm disappointed that no one else on the offense stepped up to make a play when we were in the red zone.  From a RB that didn't bump the run to the outside for a TD to a TE that should have out muscled the smaller DB and caught what was a fantastic throw by Allen, after he escaped a sack, for a TD. EVERY week I watch a lot of NFL games where RB's bounce that play outside to the end zone and where TE's win the ball in the end zone and score.

And I haven't even mentioned that spectacular 50 yard throw in brutal wind conditions that went right through Diggs hands in the end zone.  Our Franchise QB played like a franchise QB tonight.  The issue was that no one else played at the top of their game.

This is what I see every week.  No one steps up and makes a play other than Allen.  There are times when you need the RB or receiver to just do something extraordinary and break a long run.  We never seem to get that.  

I would add the offensive line needs a complete overhaul.   Start with the center and both guards.   They simply can’t run block and more often than not are completely run over when they need to pass block.  

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a white zone.

Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for unloading.

Edited by nucci

6 hours ago, Governor said:

Correct. He isn’t really a football guy. He’s basically a manager that depends on others and then makes decisions. He did get QB right, or someone did.

I can’t give him a pass any longer tho. This team isn’t very talented.

At the same time, I was never sold on McD’s scheme and bringing Frazier onboard just confirmed it to me that we’d choke in big games.

Its not a great situation. Daboll is the least of our problems. He will probably move on and win a SB 2 years from now on another team.

Dabolls history as OC before Bills suggests otherwise

• Thank you (+1) 1

Upon reflection, the Bills allowed themselves to be psyched out by the weather. Turns out we had our best quarter of offense going into the wind. So why didn't we figured that out in the second quarter? We convince ourselves we have to run when we are a passing team. We did this to ourselves all season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.