Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Allen had zero issue with the wind for the most part, why did we start playing the game like we had mac jones at qb

What are you talking about.  Both endzone passes to Diggs sailed from the wind and the announcers even showed it.  This organization is just dumb enough NOT to build a dome. 

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I have officially joined the Bean/McD skeptic crowd.  Sure they have lifted Buffalo from being a total disaster into a competitive team but their miscues going into this season have been noticeable.

Tonight we lost because our team is not built to win in Buffalo or to compete with the Pats.  And whose fault is that?  Bill's management.  During the off season we signed a clever vet WR who ran good routes while ignoring the O-line, TE and RB.  We threw all our resources and draft capital at fixing the D-line and look what we got, a line that could not stop the run when we knew they were going to run.

IMO Allen, who is even better then we think, has hid a host of problems on the offense and in the coordinator's room.  I'm still hoping this team can claw it's way into the playoffs for continuity's sake. 

Outside of Josh Allen, the drafting has been well below average…no one wants to admit it, though.  Even the Diggs trade was a mixed bag.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

They can't run the ball and they can't stop the run.  Its hardly surprising that they'd lose a game in conditions like this.  That being said,  I feel like they'd have probably won the damn game if they'd put the ball in Allen's hands more than they did.  Too many first down runs for minimal yardage,  in particular,  put the offense in bad situations all night. Ultimately, that's on Daboll.  Sure,  I understand that conditions were awful for passing,  but Allen and the passing game were the only thing that was somewhat successful tonight.   

Edited by Brandon
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Two fourth quarter red zone forays and no points.  The FG attempt was inane.  Running down there was a waste of time. NE played disciplined defense.   

That’s my biggest beef—play calling in the red zone on first down, wasted runs into the teeth of the NE defense—that’s just idiotic. However, I can confidently say it hurts more because we coulda shoulda won tonight, no excuse not to. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Nobody made a 50/50 play when it mattered. Thats the difference. This is one of the worst losses of all time. Maybe weve gone as far as we could with sean, so embarassed. 

Sean is not a big game HC and showed that tonight,  so many mistakes with timeouts and time management.  I still don't get why your kicking a FG into that wind and why challenge that mark on 4th down when you could not see where the player landed it was a waste of challenge and timeout

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Nobody made a 50/50 play when it mattered. Thats the difference. This is one of the worst losses of all time. Maybe weve gone as far as we could with sean, so embarassed. 

That’s not hyperbole. When the opposing QB goes 2-3 for 19 yards in a loss, that’s just embarrassing. I think Derek Anderson had a better game against us with the Browns back in the day. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

In the pre-game thread, I said this game would come down to execution and physicality. We lost on both, and lost the game.

The weather didn’t help— but the dropped passes, missed FG, penalties, and bad Redzone calls led to the loss. 

This is it really. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.