Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

I have officially joined the Bean/McD skeptic crowd.  Sure they have lifted Buffalo from being a total disaster into a competitive team but their miscues going into this season have been noticeable.

Tonight we lost because our team is not built to win in Buffalo or to compete with the Pats.  And whose fault is that?  Bill's management.  During the off season we signed a clever vet WR who ran good routes while ignoring the O-line, TE and RB.  We threw all our resources and draft capital at fixing the D-line and look what we got, a line that could not stop the run when we knew they were going to run.

IMO Allen, who is even better then we think, has hid a host of problems on the offense and in the coordinator's room.  I'm still hoping this team can claw it's way into the playoffs for continuity's sake. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

That happens with 10 men in the box. You break through that first layer and you're gone. 

The question is why we needed 10 in the box to stop the run, and why 10 in the box didn't even get that done.

Pathetic DL and interior linebacking play, and a ridiculous stubbornness on the part of Frazier not to change his personnel on the field in response to what the Pats were doing (running 100% of the time) or not doing (passing, ever, when going against the wind)

Should not have happened and put them at a disadvantage the rest of the way

Game reminds me of the Jacksonville loss in that this was an extremely winnable game.

We had all day to make a few plays, put it in the end zone, and go ahead on the scoreboard.

Just couldn't do it.

Coaching, execution, play calling strategy, and the wind all played major roles.

• Agree 1

Just now, TwistofFate said:

Offensive line is the weakest link.  That can't open holes in the run game, can't handle pressure, and really can't out bully anyone.  The greatest offensive flaw is having zero run game to speak of.

We just lost to a team that threw 3 passes all game....let that sink in.

When you’re o line is small you run a lot of traps, counters and zone. Anthony Lynn was great at scheming that up. 

Daboll is terrible at it and has forced us to be one dimensional 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Offensive line is the weakest link.  They can't open holes in the run game, can't handle pressure, and really can't out bully anyone.  The greatest offensive flaw is having zero run game to speak of.

We just lost to a team that threw 3 passes all game....let that sink in.

Nobody seems to want to focus on that 

Close game by two good teams. If I'm playing the blame game, it's certainly not Daboll. We should have scored at least 10 more points. Diggs drops a difficult pass for a TD, but it was there. Knox?!? And that missed FG attempt was fine. It was manageable and if it goes in, we only need a FG to win it. 

This is on the players not executing when the opportunity presented itself. Coaches put them in position to win. 

• Disagree 1

I read comments but rarely post, but I just had to post after this game.  

Buffalo must get a good RB, actually 2 good RBs.  Moss had an easy walk in TD if he had any vision to cut to the right.

Josh Allen played a great game, especially in these conditions and he just didn’t get enough help. Way too many dropped passes. With the conditions tonight, it’s amazing that drops were an even bigger problem than the wind blowing the ball around.  

Edmonds isn’t a first round level LB. I wouldn’t re sign him. Belichick won with 3 pass attempts…sad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.