December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

15 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

It will be raining, how can you tell unless he sobs.

Sobs are fine.  His tears will be just as yummy

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The weather is not going to allow Allen to outshine Jones, that's part of the problem here.

Then again, Josh might be able to run loose like a wild gazelle!  

I can see him ad libbing a lot in this game tonight....and getting serious yardage with his feet.

Snow is falling at the stadium right now.

This feels like a semantics / optimist vs pessimist thing haha. You could also look at it as we’ve got a strong arm qb so we will be able to pass the ball still and they may struggle airing it out and be confined to running the ball. It certainly won’t be josh Allen in ideal conditions but he could still make big plays with his arm. This isn’t the first windy game he’s played in…he made a couple huge plays in that ravens playoff game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why isn’t anyone talking about the poor kickers??

I'm guessing kicking won't be a part of the story tonight, largely because field goals won't even be attempted.

Might want to go for 2 after all TDs as well.

Of course, the punters will sometimes have to punt and if someone scores, teams have to kick off!  

I hope it's not too much of a carnival.

I mean this is beyond stupid lol. Tonight won't tell us anything about who the best team team is. Pats have a better run game but Allen being mobile and having a stronger arm is an advantage. Who the heck knows how this is going to go. 

Planning on spending $1.5B on a new stadium in the year 2021 and not putting a roof on it. Genius.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

is this the time of day people tell themselves the bills will lose so they don't get their feelings hurt?

Yes, generally the time of day where we tun them out, silently give ourselves head aches, and still wish we could nyquil ourselves.  I've loved this team for a long time but it's always been that abusive relationship.  My older brother usually managed to talk me down from going off the rails.  Can still remember being with him when we beat up on the Pats one year back when Levy still coached.  After the drought and everything else just felt like after hearing the win now mantra the year my older brother died was the tipping point for me.  Thought Pegula was delusional sticking with Whaley and that crew.  How long suffering has my family been; well, my Great-Uncle Bob was in the offensive backfield for the AAFC game and my Grandfather was playing safety until he had to serve as an RDC for Korea.  Rudy Ziehm worked at Hooker Chemical and got to see Kemp win the AFL Championship.  Lou Saban was one heck of a genius 

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’d be lying if I said I felt good about tonight’s game...In fact, I don’t like anything about this matchup...

I feel like we are Rocky Balboa going up against Clubber Lang...

If you flipped it and they had an elite secondary and a good front seven I’d be more worried about the match up…I don’t think they’re as good as that healthy Steelers defense we saw week one and we will probably see a similar game plan of short/intermediate passes and not many runs and we will complain we didn’t run the ball enough if we lose 😂

5 minutes ago, Reader said:

Over/under for a "I'm done with this team" comment in the game day thread? I'm thinking page 3 makes a good over (later than that) or under (sooner that that) what do you guys think?

I would say later than page 3.  This is a huge game and I bet a lot of people will be contributing to the thread.

So we are going to get a couple pages of simply "let's go" posts before the game hardly begins.

I say page 7.

?????