The importance of tonight game

Italian Bills

Well… obviously we all know the “weight” about tonight game vs the Pats but after the sunday’s putcome it gained more and more importance. We are 5th at 7-4 and with the wins of Pitts and KC all the four ahead of us in the Conference standing are 8-4. 

Winning tonight would be beyond than huge… i can say crucial for our moment and season expectations. After yesterday scores tonight we can’t really miss the chance to regain the lead the Division first and the credit in the Conference and League. 

We are the better team ? Everybody here think yes, me too, but almost everybody here is really worried about the tonight result. Josh and company will feel the high stake too… i really hope they will be able to play in control of their emotion, using all their energies on the field playing a great and smart game, don’t having any regret at the end. 

The refs ? Well… let’s stop to think little and start thinking big, we can control our future tonight and playing a great game won’t let the refs control it. But we must play a very smart game, without stupid mistakes. 

We play at home, in our house, supported by almost 70k great fans, the very best in sport, let’s make this day a day to remember like the ones of the Marv, Kelly and Bruce time. 

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BILLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! Let’s make us proud of you guys !!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

I dare say this is the biggest game Buffalo vs New England ever. We've played some big ones, but I don't ever remember this much on the line. 

🤦‍♂️CTFD. Nowhere close to the biggest game in the series. Not even in the same universe. This is merely a midseason game. No playoff spots will be awarded for the winner, the loser is still very much in the hunt. 

For a little much needed perspective, these teams played in the 1st ever AFL Playoff game in 1963, forced when we ended the season tied. Pats* won decisively then got blown out by San Diego in the title game. The ‘64 season finale between us decided the Eastern Division title where we went on to dethrone the Chargers for our 1st Championship. They were our chief rival the following season as we won Back to Back League titles. OJ rushed for over 450 yards in the 2 games in ‘73, enroute to 2000 yards in 14 games -still unmatched! In the strike-shortened/Scab-ball season of ‘87, we needed only to beat them in the season finale to make the playoffs. They beat us 14-6. We would go on to win 5 of the next 6 Division titles. Last season was the 1st time ever we swept the Division with the closest game being the 1st one with them, where Justin Zimmer stripped the ball from Cam Newton late to secure the win. 

Your table is ready, Sir.

BE874F12-F24E-45D7-BC61-BBDCB536123B.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

🤦‍♂️CTFD. Nowhere close to the biggest game in the series. Not even in the same universe. This is merely a midseason game. No playoff spots will be awarded for the winner, the loser is still very much in the hunt. 

For a little much needed perspective, these teams played in the 1st ever AFL Playoff game in 1963, forced when we ended the season tied. Pats* won decisively then got blown out by San Diego in the title game. The ‘64 season finale between us decided the Eastern Division title where we went on to dethrone the Chargers for our 1st Championship. They were our chief rival the following season as we won Back to Back League titles. OJ rushed for over 450 yards in the 2 games in ‘73, enroute to 2000 yards in 14 games -still unmatched! In the strike-shortened/Scab-ball season of ‘87, we needed only to beat them in the season finale to make the playoffs. They beat us 14-6. We would go on to win 5 of the next 6 Division titles. Last season was the 1st time ever we swept the Division with the closest game being the 1st one with them, where Justin Zimmer stripped the ball from Cam Newton late to secure the win. 

Your table is ready, Sir.

BE874F12-F24E-45D7-BC61-BBDCB536123B.jpeg

The AFL? This is a much bigger game. The whole world watches NFL football. Literally not even in the same league.

Strike-shortened scab-ball season? Come on, man!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The winds have been a howlin around my house all night

I'm in OP.  Not that bad last night.  Started to pick up this morning around 6a.  Raining now, too.  I'm hopeful (and this is the kiss of death) that it won't be that bad by kickoff. 

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Make sure you bring plenty of hot chocolate, rain gear, gloves, galoshes & a warm bonnet 

I think our fan base is manic ;) 

They need more than dry mittens ;)

You had better prescribe some Prozac ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

If Bills split with the Pats and beat the Jets again, they win the tiebreaker for the division if they have the same record as the Pats at season end.  So losing tonight is bad, but not fatal.  

It would make TB a must win for the Bills I believe.. I could be wrong but a loss to NE and TB and you need to win out and hope someone else beats NE as well. 

4 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Well… obviously we all know the “weight” about tonight game vs the Pats but after the sunday’s putcome it gained more and more importance. We are 5th at 7-4 and with the wins of Pitts and KC all the four ahead of us in the Conference standing are 8-4. 

Winning tonight would be beyond than huge… i can say crucial for our moment and season expectations. After yesterday scores tonight we can’t really miss the chance to regain the lead the Division first and the credit in the Conference and League. 

We are the better team ? Everybody here think yes, me too, but almost everybody here is really worried about the tonight result. Josh and company will feel the high stake too… i really hope they will be able to play in control of their emotion, using all their energies on the field playing a great and smart game, don’t having any regret at the end. 

The refs ? Well… let’s stop to think little and start thinking big, we can control our future tonight and playing a great game won’t let the refs control it. But we must play a very smart game, without stupid mistakes. 

We play at home, in our house, supported by almost 70k great fans, the very best in sport, let’s make this day a day to remember like the ones of the Marv, Kelly and Bruce time. 

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BILLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! Let’s make us proud of you guys !!!!!!!

It's a regular season game. This definitely needed new thread.  For sure

24 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It would make TB a must win for the Bills I believe.. I could be wrong but a loss to NE and TB and you need to win out and hope someone else beats NE as well. 

Pats schedule is pretty tough the rest of the way.

at Buffalo

at Indianapolis

Buffalo

Jacksonville

at Miami

The only creampuff left is Jacksonville. Even the game at Miami will be tough. The Fins are playing very well and they usually give the Pats a hard time in Miami. I think even with Brady the Pats have a below .500 record from the Bill and Tom era to now.

• Like (+1) 1

Gigantic game.  Besides KC, the Bills have not beat a good team.  If they win, major statement. If they lose(or even worse, get embarrassed) it's same old Bills. If that happens,m ts time to focus on draft and free agency IMO

Edited by Pete
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

This will be Allen's biggest regular season test in his career in my opinion. I must win game against against arch rival who is now leading the division and healthy. There is a massive difference because the Patriots were not healthy or leading the division last season.  Unlike the Bills the Patriots brought in key free agents and improved their roster. If we lose tonight this could give Patriots confidence not only for this season but for the next few seasons because Beane has money tied into vets on this team.  The guys who wanted more money and got paid need to show up tonight,  Poyer/Hyde/Milano and most important Allen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.