I'm afraid of the refs

JerseyBills

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Thx for that.

I know we have become a popular, desirable team. It's just soooo awful we even have to be paranoid about the zebras because of future monetary gain!

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. The refs will always call some BS and try to keep things close, at least. Getting further than that into Vegas lines, favorites, steering narratives, etc… who knows? But we have a QB good enough to overcome those penalties now. He’s already done that multiple times. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Is there anything Bills fans aren't afraid of? The most paranoid and insecure fanbase in sports. 

We’ve earned our place the hard way in the pantheon of paranoia…it will take some small baby steps of stringing multiple deep deep playoff runs together before that even dares subside somewhat. 🥴

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

But it could be ruined by the officials for no reason at all

That paranoia is justified, when it comes to officials.

All goes back to....."Just give it to 'em."

Yes.  The refs are to be feared.  They have the power to stall drives with penalties on any play or on every play.  This can be game-changing

They also have the ability to withhold flags for flagrant fouls that ought to be flagged, which can be equally game-changing

Both things can take place without any reference to an NFL-planned conspiracy theory.

The crew we have for tomorrow night reportedly throws the fewest flags in the NFL.

That could be a good thing, or a bad thing, but rest assured Bill Belichick has his team coached to take every advantage.

I hope we do too.

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

The casuals would eat a TB/NE Superbowl up. They're thinking $$$ , not about the real fans

I think most people, even casual fans, are sick of seeing NE in the Superbowl. So I have to disagree with you there.

• Like (+1) 3

You should be worried about being outcoached not that the refs are in New England's pocket.

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I guess this never happened before in the NFL. Fixed sports, fixed sports betting. Nah!

The only modern day scandals are individuals fixing or betting on games for their own financial interest. None of the recent scandals were to benefit one team over another.  

I truly believe Spyware was a massive cover up. Someone will eventually come clean and tell the whole story. That is a true conspiracy.  Not refs calling games. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I read an article from a mainstream non sports outlet recently and they gushed over the ratings a NE/TB Superbowl would do compared to all others.

Although Dallas vs Buffalo was 3rd best. 

Bottom line, I'm worried the NFL has this in mind , I mean the storylines would be endless. The ratings a once in a lifetime occurrence.  

It would not surprise me the least bit to see the refs heavily favor NE in a gm where a couple of holding calls could make a huge dent. 

Edit - here's the link , it was from Yahoo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/are-you-ready-for-a-bucs-patriots-super-bowl-165706199.html

If it’s Bucs pats I know I won’t even turn it on as have friends of mine of other NFL teams as well 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I truly believe Spyware was a massive cover up. Someone will eventually come clean and tell the whole story. That is a true conspiracy.  Not refs calling games. 

You mean "Spygate"? :-) 😁

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.