Who's Going Bowling?

SinceThe70s

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Virginia Tech Vs. Maryland

Any rooting interest in this one for you?

Yeah, my son is a freshman at Maryland - and in the band. The bonus is my nephew is a junior at Virginia Tech and the game is in our backyard so we'll have a mini-family tailgate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Talley56 said:

Pinstripe, go Terps.  We'll never be national championship contenders and, seeing as how we rarely ever won the ACC, we'll probably never win the Big Ten.  An occasional bowl win is about the best we can hope for.

Cool. Where are you getting your tickets? Looks like you can get them through the school but they only show the general section, not the seats.

From what I saw this year you're 100% right about not  being a contender - big disparity in talent even though I thought Taulia was pretty damn good.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Cool. Where are you getting your tickets? Looks like you can get them through the school but they only show the general section, not the seats.

From what I saw this year you're 100% right about not  being a contender - big disparity in talent even though I thought Taulia was pretty damn good.

I'm actually not attending.  I see I misread your OP about attending a game.  Just hoping the Terps can pull it out.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still debating rather or not to go to Glendale to see my Cowboys play. It would be an amazing finish to beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl, but dropping $1200/per person for the trip... not so excited about. Esp. after Christmas. 

On 12/5/2021 at 10:38 PM, CowgirlsFan said:

Not me.

The other half is.

Tropical Smoothie Frisco Bowl.

Toyota Stadium Frisco,Texas.

North Texas vs Miami ( Ohio)  December 23.

I'd love for Oklahoma State to play at the new North Texas stadium. Every time I drive by it, it's fascinating how it looks. My earliest memory of a football game was an OSU v UNT game in the Cotton Bowl in 1981. I was 6 years old. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2021 at 10:07 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I'm still debating rather or not to go to Glendale to see my Cowboys play. It would be an amazing finish to beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl, but dropping $1200/per person for the trip... not so excited about. Esp. after Christmas. 

I'd love for Oklahoma State to play at the new North Texas stadium. Every time I drive by it, it's fascinating how it looks. My earliest memory of a football game was an OSU v UNT game in the Cotton Bowl in 1981. I was 6 years old. 

Yeesh, I just went to my first college football game a few months ago and I'm more than a few decades past 6 years old.

$1200/per is a lot of coin to drop on a football game. If I had a rooting interest it would be a good excuse to visit one of my favorite regions of the country

13 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeesh, I just went to my first college football game a few months ago and I'm more than a few decades past 6 years old.

$1200/per is a lot of coin to drop on a football game. If I had a rooting interest it would be a good excuse to visit one of my favorite regions of the country

I'm going... got tickets, airfare, hotel, car a couple of days ago. Managed to keep it in the budget. Hard to pass up an Oklahoma State v Notre Dame matchup. Both teams were outside-shots to make the Playoffs this year. Should be a damn good game.

Yea, I was probably 1 1/2 when I went to my first college game. My dad is a HUGE Oklahoma State fan (like me) and he went to Dental School at OU, so he had free tickets to games in Norman. He would take me to games and listen to OSU over the radio while watching OU. He took me to the 1976 Bedlam game in Norman (which OSU won). 

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/10/2021 at 9:10 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I'm going... got tickets, airfare, hotel, car a couple of days ago. Managed to keep it in the budget. Hard to pass up an Oklahoma State v Notre Dame matchup. Both teams were outside-shots to make the Playoffs this year. Should be a damn good game.

Yea, I was probably 1 1/2 when I went to my first college game. My dad is a HUGE Oklahoma State fan (like me) and he went to Dental School at OU, so he had free tickets to games in Norman. He would take me to games and listen to OSU over the radio while watching OU. He took me to the 1976 Bedlam game in Norman (which OSU won). 

It will be interesting to see if OSU is excited to play this game considering they were 1 inch away from beating Baylor & possibly jumping Cinci for that 4th spot.  My guess is Notre Dame will be ready to go given the fact they have a new coach that players seem to be excited to play for.

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

It will be interesting to see if OSU is excited to play this game considering they were 1 inch away from beating Baylor & possibly jumping Cinci for that 4th spot.  My guess is Notre Dame will be ready to go given the fact they have a new coach that players seem to be excited to play for.

I think they will. Same question could have been asked during the 2011 season when OSU was like 0.008 points away from a National Championship slot. Went into the Fiesta bowl against Andrew Luck and #4 ranked Stanford and won. 

OSU has never played ND and they will have something to prove. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I think they will. Same question could have been asked during the 2011 season when OSU was like 0.008 points away from a National Championship slot. Went into the Fiesta bowl against Andrew Luck and #4 ranked Stanford and won. 

OSU has never played ND and they will have something to prove. 

Should be a good game, have fun and enjoy the nice weather!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.