Panthers fire OC Joe Brady

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree he is not the only issue but he was definitely an issue. He has been a bit of a disaster in the NFL. 

They didn't give Darnold a big contract btw. They traded a 2nd and a 4th for him and they did pick up the 5th year option, but they are not tied to him beyond next year. 

No thanks. 

They’re into him for $19M to keep the bench warm next year plus a 2nd round pick when they could have gotten him for the vet minimum 😂😂

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

They’re into him for $19M to keep the bench warm next year plus a 2nd round pick when they could have gotten him for the vet minimum 😂😂

Yea they took up the option, that was a mistake but at least it is only a 1 year thing. As for what they gave up to give him... it's a lot. Who knows who they were bidding against. Apparently Brady was a big voice on moving off Bridgewater and bringing another vet in as well though. Bridgewater is the perfect bridge guy. They should have drafted a Quarterback for my money last April and held onto Teddy another year. I am surprised how poor they have been though. I like their weapons and I like some of their pieces on defense. Joe Brady did look in way over his head. The Head Coach increasingly looks the same.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree he is not the only issue but he was definitely an issue. He has been a bit of a disaster in the NFL. 

They didn't give Darnold a big contract btw. They traded a 2nd and a 4th for him and they did pick up the 5th year option, but they are not tied to him beyond next year. 

No thanks. 

I think Darnold's 5th year is only guaranteed for injury. They can cut ties with him at the end of the season with no further impact.

3 minutes ago, Lothar said:

I think Darnold's 5th year is only guaranteed for injury. They can cut ties with him at the end of the season with no further impact.

Nope. That rule changed with the new CBA. 5th year options are guaranteed as soon as they are signed now.

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I was thinking Cincinnati with Burrow

The Head Coach in Cincy calls the plays. He isn't giving that up to a guy who has failed so dismally in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know how anybody in that front office has a job.  Paying Bridgewater to play in Denver, getting Darnold in and signing the 5th year option and now bringing Cam back.  WTF.  The kid from the CFL/XFL whatever league it was, looks like the best QB you have had in 2 years and you blame the OC?

13 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Have you watched a Lions game lately? 😉

The Lions play hard every week, They have very little talent and have been in most games this year. If they can hit on a few draft picks, they could be a decent team in a few years. Hopefully Campbell is more McDermott than Gailey for them

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not Houston? Or Jax?

Houston is just a weird situation. they went all on some bad moves and even with that, if Watson wasn't an A-hole (for multiple reasons) that team is in the thick of the playoff hunt. Cully is a sacrificial lamb and they hit a hard reset this year.

Jacksonville, depending on how you feel about Urban Meyer, has some good pieces in place. 

Carolina gave an unproven coach a crazy contract, dumped newton, to give bridgewater a ton a money, to pay him to play for Denver, to trade for one of the worst starters in the leagues the last few years, to dumping him to resign Newton for 4.5 Mil guaranteed for the balance of the season (who were they bidding against?) and now they've fired their OC, who according to Bridgewater, didnt have the team practice the 2 min drill last year!

https://www.nfl.com/news/teddy-bridgewater-finds-fault-with-how-joe-brady-panthers-practiced

That team has no direction, a ton of sunk money at the QB position (they owe Darnold 19 million next year) and they have a pick in nowheres land in the draft order.

They are going to roll out the corpse of Cam next year, hoping to sell tickets and fire Rhule at the end of next season. Meanwhile, Ron Rivera is making Taylor Heineke a playoff QB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.