NFL Cap Going to 208 Million

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

We currently have $198m on the books for 2022. Maybe we let Klein go to save another $5m. That would give us $15m to work with... could be enough for one splash player.

As we all know..........it really depends on how urgently they view addressing their weaknesses is..........the cap is EXTREMELY malleable.

We heard last offseason that the numbers dictated that they wouldn't be able to do anything at all in FA and were going to lose several players..........then they signed Milano back........and Williams..........and Feliciano........and brought in Sanders........and kept Morse.........and were in on Gronk...........and JJ Watt.

They have lot's of contracts they can adjust.........more than just Klein that they will likely cut.........and the promise of BIG cap increases several years down the road once the impact of Covid has diminished.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not really good news for the Bills unless Beane can undo the mess he's created but pretty sure there's a lot of deals he can get out of quickly like Feliciano, Williams, etc.

Either way not sure they'll be enough cap room to address the all the holes this team has on both sides of the ball, particularly the trenches.

Jesus, really?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Estro said:

These huge Cap jumps are going to favor the better teams in my opinion.

If a really crappy team had $80M in cap space and offers player A $18M per year 

A good team has $45M in cap space and offers same player A $16M per year

I'd imagine a lot of FA will pick the better team. 

Long way of saying when most teams are flush with cash its going to be tough for crappy teams to outbid the good ones.

Yeah, and i also think that state tax structure matters.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Estro said:

These huge Cap jumps are going to favor the better teams in my opinion.

If a really crappy team had $80M in cap space and offers player A $18M per year 

A good team has $45M in cap space and offers same player A $16M per year

I'd imagine a lot of FA will pick the better team. 

Long way of saying when most teams are flush with cash its going to be tough for crappy teams to outbid the good ones.

Yes, you are correct.  That’s how it usually works when the cap goes up a fair bit.  The good teams get to hang on to more of their talent.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We currently have $198m on the books for 2022. Maybe we let Klein go to save another $5m. That would give us $15m to work with... could be enough for one splash player.

dont xpect Bradley to be back and figure a DE won’t be back who is $5M+

23 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

dont xpect Bradley to be back and figure a DE won’t be back who is $5M+

Who is Bradley?

You are correct Hughes, Addison, or both will be gone. Butler will be gone for sure. H. Phillips they can probably bring back on the cheap.  Not sure how they structured Williams contract but if he plays decently at guard down the stretch they probably bring him back so they have fewer holes to fill on the line. 

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not really good news for the Bills unless Beane can undo the mess he's created but pretty sure there's a lot of deals he can get out of quickly like Feliciano, Williams, etc.

Either way not sure they'll be enough cap room to address the all the holes this team has on both sides of the ball, particularly the trenches.

You're fun.

53 minutes ago, Governor said:

I’m still trying to figure out how Beane thought we’d be a SB contender without have a single good offensive lineman.

Somehow, the process went off track.

And no, Dawkins isn’t a franchise LT.

Can you explain to me the offense of lineman that he would’ve brought in that would’ve made a difference

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

And this is where agents come in and tell the player you're better off going to a crappy team for more money. 

These guys don't realize most of the time that you can do the same with 16m that you can do with 18m.

So shouldn't they go with the better team offering $16 million (maybe that's what you're saying)?

I guess to me it'd depend on how long the contract was for & how much was guaranteed money. $2 million per year over a 5 year contract adds up, but ultimately it depends on a number of things (including what stage of your career you're in).

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Say something nice about the Bills on this, a Bills board—it’s ok, really! :doh:

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Sign Quenton Nelson to the largest guard contract in history fully guaranteed and Force the Colts to match it

This is the time for Beane and his scouts to go in the draft and get us a Wyatt Teller/Trey Smith. I hated it when they gave Morse all that money. Time for the wizard to stir his cauldron

10 hours ago, cwater10 said:

It logically follows that this will also allow more teams to retain pending free agents and keep them off the market.  Either way, this should make free agency way more interesting than last year.

Oh thank God we can keep the offensive line together now.  

• Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.