Bills Defense Should be Insulted and Pretty PO'd

Fried Baloney

My bet, the Bills defensive players are grinding through mouth guards by the hour listening to the NFL media this week.

By all honest metrics the Bills have a very good defense that had one bad game this season.  In 8 out of 10 games the Bills defense has dominated the opponents offense.  The same opponents for the most part that have made the Pats defense sooo scary.

The Bills defense laid an egg for the Colts game, the whole team did.  Coaching??  It happens in the NFL sometimes, pretty good teams do not go undefeated.

Against Pitt they gave up 252 yards on defense – is that considered a mauling??

Against Tenn they gave up 362 yards on defense, with 76 coming on one play.  The other 59:52 they gave up a total of 286 yards, 70 on the ground.  In what book is that getting run over?? Obviously the Henry 76 TD run was the difference in the game and that is on the defense.  They made a critical mistake on that play.

For the Bills, Tenn was at full strength at home.  If you argue they ran all over the Bills.  Then what did they "do" to the Patriots?  Who they pounded for 270 yards on the ground, with two backups going over 100 yards, at home without Henry or their two top receivers??  The Pats won, but it is silly and lazy to say they proved dominance in winning.  Maybe the real story is the Pats run-d is actually suspect - got as much evidence for that argument as the Bills 'being soft'.

This narrative the Bills have been proven soft this season is BS.  Losing Tre’ hurts, and will matter, so we will see.  But I hope and expect in a good way – the rest of the D knows they have to step up – and they will.  That is what I expect to happen with this outstanding defensive group we have.

The Bills own their record, and the Pats are a good team.  The Bills might lose, but they are favored to win for a reason.

I hope they are playing the TV’s in the locker room non-stop. The media are the one's afraid of the evil empire - why assume our players are?

Thanks for reading.  Go Bills!

Edited by Fried Baloney
misspelling and grammar
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

If it makes you feel better to tell yourself these things, go for it.

I doubt the players are thinking above average about this game.

Listen to the recent quote from Stefon Diggs, where he basically says "What?  Rivalry with New England? I've only been here 2 years, I don't know anything about that!"

LMFAO

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Nextmanup - Telling myself what things?  The Bills defense is really good, or that the media is playing up that they are soft and assuming the Pats will win the game because of it??

My point is clear.  The media is talking lazy trash about the Bills D, I showed why I think it, and am assuming the Bills players are hearing it to and might take exception.  Your ignorant snark doesn't change that.

I didn't say anything about a rivalry.  The press is talking s*** about a real good defense that is about to play a rookie QB (no matter how wonderful he is).

Players are people and have lots of friends and relatives they speak with all season.  They hear it.

But if it make you feel better telling yourself those things, go for it.  Also, I am sorry your A fell off. 

• Like (+1) 2

Pretty straight forward to me. Star Lotulelei is the quiet lynchpin that frees up the rest of the defense to do their jobs. He was out against Steelers and Colts. When he plays, the defense has a much higher percentage chance of dominance. And yes, losing Tre will hurt. Hopefully Dane/Cam can step up to answer the call. 

Edited by uraloony
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills shouldn't be offended by the knee-jerk media insults. They haven't proven anything since the KC Wipeout. Beating up on bottom feeders doesn't translate torespect, especially combined with the embarrassment against Indy and Tenn. Go out, in our house and shut these NE worshipping bandwagoneers up. This is where our D must show up. No silly penalties and bone thumping tackling.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Fried Baloney said:

Against Tenn they gave up 362 yards on defense, with 76 coming on one play.  The other 59:52 they gave up a total of 286 yards, 70 on the ground.  In what book is that getting run over?? Obviously the Henry 76 TD run was the difference in the game and that is on the defense.  They made a critical mistake on that play, trusting the refs to call one of the three offensive holding penalties that the Titians committed on that run.

FTFY.

33 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

250+ yards and 5 TDs to one player in a game? Yes, it was a mauling and that is putting it lightly. I hope they are ready to redeem themselves tomorrow night.

I expect they are ready to redeem themselves.
let us hope Josh and Daboll stay patient and diligent against the Pats defense

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

an important stretch of games - NE-Bucs- Car in between- NE road- these are critical to our playoff placement-aspirations-etc, too much downtime in between last game and this MNF games has Bills fans over-anxious and bored and over-analyzing the recent past...hoping for the best

Important stretch for NE. They play Bills, Colts, Bye, Bills. They could very well go on a 3 game losing streak here. The lead up to the playoffs is going to be fun.

3 hours ago, Fried Baloney said:

My bet, the Bills defensive players are grinding through mouth guards by the hour listening to the NFL media this week.

By all honest metrics the Bills have a very good defense that had one bad game this season.  In 8 out of 10 games the Bills defense has dominated the opponents offense.  The same opponents for the most part that have made the Pats defense sooo scary.

The Bills defense laid an egg for the Colts game, the whole team did.  Coaching??  It happens in the NFL sometimes, pretty good teams do not go undefeated.

Against Pitt they gave up 252 yards on defense – is that considered a mauling??

Against Tenn they gave up 362 yards on defense, with 76 coming on one play.  The other 59:52 they gave up a total of 286 yards, 70 on the ground.  In what book is that getting run over?? Obviously the Henry 76 TD run was the difference in the game and that is on the defense.  They made a critical mistake on that play.

For the Bills, Tenn was at full strength at home.  If you argue they ran all over the Bills.  Then what did they "do" to the Patriots?  Who they pounded for 270 yards on the ground, with two backups going over 100 yards, at home without Henry or their two top receivers??  The Pats won, but it is silly and lazy to say they proved dominance in winning.  Maybe the real story is the Pats run-d is actually suspect - got as much evidence for that argument as the Bills 'being soft'.

This narrative the Bills have been proven soft this season is BS.  Losing Tre’ hurts, and will matter, so we will see.  But I hope and expect in a good way – the rest of the D knows they have to step up – and they will.  That is what I expect to happen with this outstanding defensive group we have.

The Bills own their record, and the Pats are a good team.  The Bills might lose, but they are favored to win for a reason.

I hope they are playing the TV’s in the locker room non-stop. The media are the one's afraid of the evil empire - why assume our players are?

Thanks for reading.  Go Bills!

The Colts was what our defense looks like versus a balanced offense while missing Star and Tremaine. Two irreplaceable players for the Bills D.

For your convenience, a top five list of players that this year's Bills' defense cannot afford to lose: 

#1 - Tredavious White

#2 - Tremaine Edmunds

#3 - Star Lotuilielie

#4 - Matt Milano

#5 - Ed Oliver.

The DTs are so high on the list because we have no backups behind them. Which is kind of sad, really.

While it looks like we will have Star and Tremaine back, make no mistake that Tre White is all alone at #1.

This defense won't be anywhere near as good without Tre White. Maybe NE cannot take too much of an advantage of White missing due to a weak arm and inclement weather?

I doubt if the defensive players are insulted.  

It doesn't matter what the talking heads on tv say.  These guys only play 17 games each year.  They should give 100% effort each game.

And this game is particularly important, not because of reputation, but because 1st place in the AFCE is at stake.  I don't think they need extra motivation from media gurus who don't give them all the credit they deserve.

I never played football on national television.  But I did go to war once.  I gotta say, I didn't know a lot - or care much - about what the media dudes were saying.  As invasion day approached, I heard second-hand that some so-called experts didn't give us credit for being as proficient and deadly as I knew we were.  Others predicted that we'd suffered high casualties.  I never gnashed my teeth over this stuff because I knew the reality better than any "expert" in the media.  Besides, I was too involved in the preparations to spend time on what they had to say.  I think football players mostly feel the same way.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.