Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure will. The oil barons will be back in the driver's seat. That's fine. The anti-slavery people took a long time to beat the slaveholders, too. 

Go say that in Ukraine 

I know! I'm enjoying a cup gasoline right now, yum! 

That explains a lot.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure will. The oil barons will be back in the driver's seat. 

You really have no idea regarding the energy industry.

You really prefer being held hostage to a punk like Putin rather than allowing the developing of cleaner burning energy sources that are readily available in the US and Canada.

By the way, the issue of being held hostage is not an exaggeration.

Energy supply has been weaponized by suppliers for decades, but the end is nearer than they admit because newer technologies are rapidly coming to market at very competitive rates..

You should be resolved to learning about this instead of being so gravitationally pulled to the support Dems at all cost idiotic posture.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

You really have no idea regarding the energy industry.

You really prefer being held hostage to a punk like Putin rather than allowing the developing of cleaner burning energy sources that are readily available in the US and Canada.

By the way, the issue of being held hostage is not an exaggeration.

Energy supply has been weaponized by suppliers for decades, but the end is nearer than they admit because newer technologies are rapidly coming to market at very competitive rates..

You should be resolved to learning about this instead of being so gravitationally pulled to the support Dems at all cost idiotic posture.

Me? You are the one pulled to idiotic postures by your political leaders. You were whining it was unfair to say Bush cheerleaded us to war in 2003. F'n moron. 

But, yes, if there is a better way on energy, let's do it. Is your sacred Republican party pushing this? ya right.. 

30 minutes ago, TSOL said:

You pay for your fake pie in the sky idealism. I don't wanna pay for the green new deal. 

We're all paying for it, especially Ukraine.  Why do you think Vlad felt he could invade and have the rest of Europe/the world stand down?

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Me? You are the one pulled to idiotic postures by your political leaders. You were whining it was unfair to say Bush cheerleaded us to war in 2003. F'n moron. 

But, yes, if there is a better way on energy, let's do it. Is your sacred Republican party pushing this? ya right.. 

I am not "pulled" by anybody in politics.

Nothing to do with the Republican Party.

Simply common sense and the sane thing to do.

When you end pipelines, make it so that one person who you appoint has to personally approve over 4000 drilling permits, forbid extracting energy from Federal lands and create a genuine hostile environment to energy producers, you lose the right to whine and blame some murdering scumbag from Russia, a known adversary since the 40's.

Nothing political about that observation.

Your boy is simply stupid, and getting stupider by the day, almost ready to join hi VP and Speaker of the House.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

We're all paying for it, especially Ukraine.  Why do you think Vlad felt he could invade and have the rest of Europe/the world stand down?

The Russian people as well. That entire region is gonna blast itself back to the stone ages by the time this is through. With weapons paid for by you and me. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

When you end pipelines, make it so that one person who you appoint has to personally approve over 4000 drilling permits, forbid extracting energy from Federal lands and create a genuine hostile environment to energy producers, you lose the right to whine and blame some murdering scumbag from Russia, a known adversary since the 40's.

Your boy is simply stupid, and getting stupider by the day, almost ready to join hi VP and Speaker of the House.

BS!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, sherpa said:

They don't want to hear any criticism of their Disaster in chief (unlike my boss, who voted for him, who calls him and his Admin "idiots" almost daily).  Vlad did them a favor by giving them a (bogus, but still one) talking point to shift blame from Joey's horrendous policies.  Most people aren't falling for it, as evidenced by Joey's worst-ever approval ratings.

34 minutes ago, sherpa said:

That's it sherpa.

I am reporting you to the new Biden/Harris administration 'Disinformation Governance Board' .

I might even get an extra "chocolate ration".

:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

BS!! 

I'm going to give you a little background since you repeatedly make the claim that it was Bush that made up the Iraq thing.

The airplane that crashed into the Pentagon was American 75.

I flew that trip, Dulles to LA for the two years prior to 9/11.

I knew the people on that flight well, all of them.

I had skin in the game.

I was offered a job as a check airman on the 757/767 in January of that year, and being extremely bored with flying that trip, and wanting to get back to international, I took it.

As a check airman, you have to "deadhead" all over the system, all over the world, to catch up with people who need to get checks/training etc.

In so doing, you almost always deadhead in the cockpit, since the company wants to save money, and as you're "riding" you may as well get the check out on the captain you are flying with on the way to your real assignment.

Since I live in VA, I would almost always deadhead out of DC. During that post 9/11 time a good number of guys were getting furloughed, and since a number of them were relatively senior military reserve officers, 05-06, they went to the Pentagon. I would often fly with guys who were really well informed on what the intel was regarding Saddam. As ex military and a fighter guy, they were honest with me and I asked them often about the level of confidence that Iraq was in possession of WMD.

It was a nonstop conversation for months.

The town I live in now hosts the NGIC. The National Ground Intelligence Center. I worked with a number of them as an elections officer in our town, and on various boards at my church. I asked them the same thing.

They all believed it.

The intel that was going to the White House from our Intel services was that there was WMD there.

The Bush Admin oversold it, as admins must do when convincing a country to go to war, but there is no doubt what the conclusion was from intel sources.

Bush has been held accountable for this, but there is no chance in hell that anyone is ever going to convince me, based on what I know and who I talked to at the time that he invented this.

You don't strike me as an individual who has any depth of knowledge of any of this or anything else you post on,, so it certainly isn't going to be you.

You have called me a "coward," "liar," "idiot," and one other thing that I can't think of as I prepare for dinner, but you have absolutely no chance of convincing me of anything, because you are simply unaware.

By the way, as you are so unaware, there were other reasons why it made sense to end the Saddam regime that you are not aware of, but had nothing to do with the ultimate choice, just as you are unaware of the other reasons why your proposal to put two squadrons in the Ukraine as a deterrent is equally ignorant.

You seem to have some idea that you know what you're talking about, and you really don't.

Pasta Puttanesca calls.

Edited by sherpa
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Putin threatens 'lightning' fast strikes on any nation that 'interferes' with Russia's war in Ukraine

Putin threatens nuclear warfare in the third threat made by Russia this week

"If anyone ventures to intervene from the outside and [pose] unacceptable threats of a strategic nature to Russia, they should know that our counter-retaliatory strikes will take place with lightning speed," he said.

"We have all the tools to do this. The kind that no one else can boast of right now," he said alluding to Russia's deployment of a hypersonic missile last month."

"And we will not boast; we will use them if necessary. I want everyone to know that," he continued. "All the decisions have been made in this regard."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-threatens-strikes-on-any-nation-interferes-russia-war-ukraine

Edited by ALF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Pasta Puttanesca calls.

Very interesting. I’m grateful not to have been in your shoes. I also deleted everything because I don’t want to make light of any of it but also want to beat the knuckleheads (they know who they are) to the punch….

don’t you mean Pasta PUTINesca???

• Like (+1) 1

Nice step in right direction with Putin causing all this inflation. Wind has passed coal and nuclear! Build back better would have helped fight the inflation, too, but the coal barons in WV said no! 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-14/wind-passed-coal-nuclear-power-in-u-s-for-first-time-on-record

30 minutes ago, ALF said:

Putin threatens 'lightning' fast strikes on any nation that 'interferes' with Russia's war in Ukraine

Putin threatens nuclear warfare in the third threat made by Russia this week

"If anyone ventures to intervene from the outside and [pose] unacceptable threats of a strategic nature to Russia, they should know that our counter-retaliatory strikes will take place with lightning speed," he said.

"We have all the tools to do this. The kind that no one else can boast of right now," he said alluding to Russia's deployment of a hypersonic missile last month."

"And we will not boast; we will use them if necessary. I want everyone to know that," he continued. "All the decisions have been made in this regard."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-threatens-strikes-on-any-nation-interferes-russia-war-ukraine

Fast? We are interfering, drones, howitzers, ammo, Intel etc. being sent. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So then, what's your problem? 

The problem is you don't understand that The Green New Deal in Western Europe and then the United States is getting people killed right now in Ukraine.  In the real world, due to Leftist policy initiatives, because they have no clue how to grasp externalities of their decisions.