Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Maybe I am unaware of your other communication channels, but I have never seen anyone offer anything that supports Putin.

It helps him to interpret posts that way.

It helps justify his bias to himself.

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Maybe I am unaware of your other communication channels, but I have never seen anyone offer anything that supports Putin.

Like Trump wanting Putin back into the G-8? This was after his annexation of Crimea. 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Like Trump wanting Putin back into the G-8? This was after his annexation of Crimea. 

Maybe I need to make this more specific.

Nobody is supporting he Russian invasion of the Ukraine, or what they have done since.

That is the issue.

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

*Clutches Pearls*.  How dare Joe Biden escalate against a country whose only policy is escalation! Cooler heads need to come together, and tell other people to give up their land and liberty so we can be safe!  My lord the Federalist author is happy to turn over Ukrainian civilians for rape, torture, murder and "reeducation", but for the love of God don't arm them, people might get killed and Russia might get angry! It's perfectly alright to feed Ukrainians into Russia's police dungeons, filtration camps and mass graves if it leads to peace, but for them to die fighting their would-be conquerors is some kind of moral swamp we have to climb out of?

What a joke.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

*Clutches Pearls*.  How dare Joe Biden escalate against a country whose only policy is escalation! Cooler heads need to come together, and tell other people to give up their land and liberty so we can be safe!  My lord the Federalist author is happy to turn over Ukrainian civilians for rape, torture, murder and "reeducation", but for the love of God don't arm them, people might get killed and Russia might get angry! It's perfectly alright to feed Ukrainians into Russia's police dungeons, filtration camps and mass graves if it leads to peace, but for them to die fighting their would-be conquerors is some kind of moral swamp we have to climb out of?

What a joke.

Welcome to the present. We’ll wait while you scroll back through the first thousand posts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Information:

Russian explosions point to Ukraine’s embrace of the British special forces model.

Storage tanks at a major oil depot in the Russian city of Bryansk exploded early on Monday. Was Ukraine responsible?

Before you answer, consider first that this is only the latest disaster to afflict Russian critical infrastructure near the Ukrainian border. Another oil depot on Belgorod was targeted by a Ukrainian helicopter strike in early April. Prior to that, Russian railway lines near the border were sabotaged. A Russian missile research center and a chemical plant also recently suffered explosions.

These incidents all appear to fit well with Ukraine’s military strategy.

Bryansk, 62 miles from the Ukrainian border, is beyond the range of most drone systems in Ukraine’s possession. Unconfirmed video from the Bryansk incident indicates the sound of a missile in the terminal attack phase. Considering this noise and Bryansk’s relative distance from Ukraine, short-range ballistic missiles may have been responsible. Regardless, the explosion will disrupt energy replenishment efforts for Russian military forces in Ukraine.

The explosion also dilutes Putin’s credibility in claiming that his war on Ukraine is not a war, but rather a limited “special military operation.” When stuff keeps blowing up in Russian cities, it’s hard to convince the residents of said cities that Russia isn’t at war.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-explosions-point-to-ukraine-s-embrace-of-the-british-special-forces-model/ar-AAWAmbS

If Ukraine is hitting back in ways that A) Slow the Russian offensive and B) Hit Putin right in the prestige, then good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Information:

Russian explosions point to Ukraine’s embrace of the British special forces model.

Storage tanks at a major oil depot in the Russian city of Bryansk exploded early on Monday. Was Ukraine responsible?

Before you answer, consider first that this is only the latest disaster to afflict Russian critical infrastructure near the Ukrainian border. Another oil depot on Belgorod was targeted by a Ukrainian helicopter strike in early April. Prior to that, Russian railway lines near the border were sabotaged. A Russian missile research center and a chemical plant also recently suffered explosions.

These incidents all appear to fit well with Ukraine’s military strategy.

Bryansk, 62 miles from the Ukrainian border, is beyond the range of most drone systems in Ukraine’s possession. Unconfirmed video from the Bryansk incident indicates the sound of a missile in the terminal attack phase. Considering this noise and Bryansk’s relative distance from Ukraine, short-range ballistic missiles may have been responsible. Regardless, the explosion will disrupt energy replenishment efforts for Russian military forces in Ukraine.

The explosion also dilutes Putin’s credibility in claiming that his war on Ukraine is not a war, but rather a limited “special military operation.” When stuff keeps blowing up in Russian cities, it’s hard to convince the residents of said cities that Russia isn’t at war.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-explosions-point-to-ukraine-s-embrace-of-the-british-special-forces-model/ar-AAWAmbS

If Ukraine is hitting back in ways that A) Slow the Russian offensive and B) Hit Putin right in the prestige, then good.

Bingo.

Wish you'd post the same stuff overseas :D

• Like (+1) 2

Russia cuts off gas to Poland and Bulgaria

by Madeleine Hubbard

Poland and Bulgaria announced Tuesday that Russia is cutting off their gas supplies after Russian President Vladimir Putin said "unfriendly" countries are required to pay for gas in rubles. Russia's majority state-owned energy firm Gazprom sent a letter to Poland state-owned energy company PGNiG saying that gas supplies will be completely suspended by Wednesday. 

https://justthenews.com/world/europe/russia-cuts-gas-poland-and-bulgaria

34 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Putin's restraint in the face of wonton western aggression is the only thing preventing WWIII you IC controlled, perma war, neo-con schill!

With inflation so high I need to up my shilling.

#voteforbiden

Edited by meazza

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

The New Green Deal is going to be part of November's waiving "goodbye" to a number of Dems.

Sure will. The oil barons will be back in the driver's seat. That's fine. The anti-slavery people took a long time to beat the slaveholders, too. 

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Sounds like an expensive wave 

Go say that in Ukraine 

1 minute ago, meazza said:

I'm also shilling for the squad.

#voteforgreennewdeal.

I know! I'm enjoying a cup gasoline right now, yum!