Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's more like the scenes in The Godfather, where they're baptizing Michael's son while the mobsters are getting whacked.

While appreciating your point Doc, I cannot help but point out that they were baptizing Connie and Carlo's baby.

That made Michael his Godfather.

😇

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

While appreciating your point Doc, I cannot help but point out that they were baptizing Connie and Carlo's baby.

That made Michael his Godfather.

😇

D'oh!  My bad.

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's more like the scenes in The Godfather, where they're baptizing Michael's son while the mobsters are getting whacked.

My mistake, you are right and I thought about that after posting. But my dark knight comment was directed at coffees post above it. Russia failing more and claiming it is invincible 

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

My mistake, you are right and I thought about that after posting. But my dark knight comment was directed at coffees post above it. Russia failing more and claiming it is invincible 

No worries.  I always like a good Monty Python reference.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/23/2022 at 10:18 AM, Coffeesforclosers said:

Man, it's like Russia is going through all the stages of the Vietnam experience in fast forward.

There's growing chatter that May 9th will be Russia's formal declaration of war against Ukraine instead of the big victory celebration.  The much vaunted offensive in the Donbass is doing what everyone though it would so far, which is gain ground here and there and achieve very, very little.

Now if Russia is going to declare war on May 9th, expect some kind of insane gesture to try and "reset" the situation.  Like Russia also declaring war on Finland or Sweden, or the Baltics.  Quite possibly on us, so they can have a life-or-death "struggle for survival" that's entirely of their own making, due to their own stupidity.

Or, like stages of their conflict in Afghanistan. Which goes to the unrealistic expectations of Russia, the media, or both. This is quite the David Vs Goliath fight. But, this is why I always questioned those reports that Russia was expecting victory in a week, three weeks, etc. Ukraine was always going to put up a far larger fight than Afghanistan could, did they not learn from their history? 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Or, like stages of their conflict in Afghanistan. Which goes to the unrealistic expectations of Russia, the media, or both. This is quite the David Vs Goliath fight. But, this is why I always questioned those reports that Russia was expecting victory in a week, three weeks, etc. Ukraine was always going to put up a far larger fight than Afghanistan could, did they not learn from their history? 

Delusions of grandeur. 

'You can't come to us empty-handed today': Zelensky tells Anthony Blinken and Lloyd Austin in visit to Ukraine that he needs 'specific weapons' from the US

Associated Press, by Natasha Anderson

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10747661/Steel-plant-siege-Zelenskyy-prepares-US-officials.html

Edited by B-Man

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them"-Sir Arthur Harris

"There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare"-Sun Tzu

Man, all those deals full of Ukrainian concessions that Russia left on the table a month ago so they could get their Short Victorious War...