Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

19 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Obama was putins buddy. Trump was harder and supplied more weapons to Ukraine than Obama ever did. 

True. A "hot mic" caught Obama telling Putin that after the 2012 election he'd have more flexibility and latitude to make a deal.  Something the anti-Trump Russian collusion believing nuts can't seem to recall.  It just doesn't fit the story.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

I was hesitant to share this, because I thought that it surely must be taken out of context or edited, but it’s now trending on Twitter. 

If this video is accurate, my goodness…. 

He’s also been instrumental in this conflict as one of our many establishment provocateurs, using Ukraine/NATO-expansion as a pawn to help get to this point. 

Evil. 

Lyndsey Graham is a piece of trash.

But the there's an obvious cut before he says "best money we ever spent.". 

Would need to hear exactly what he said in full context to know this isn't extremely manipulated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

@SCBills, Any chance of getting rid of Lindsey ??

Not a chance.   He won’t face a real primary and Jamie Harrison (D) was supposed to be a close race, according to the media pollsters.. Graham won by double digits. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, SCBills said:

I was hesitant to share this, because I thought that it surely must be taken out of context or edited, but it’s now trending on Twitter. 

If this video is accurate, my goodness…. 

He’s also been instrumental in this conflict as one of our many establishment provocateurs, using Ukraine/NATO-expansion as a pawn to help get to this point. 

Evil. 

1) listen closely, you can hear a weird edit between those sentences. Someone doctored this, which leads me to …

2) Ian Miles Cheong is a worthless POS agitator masquerading as some kind of alternative free press journalist. Stop listening to him. 

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

1) listen closely, you can hear a weird edit between those sentences. Someone doctored this, which leads me to …

2) Ian Miles Cheong is a worthless POS agitator masquerading as some kind of alternative free press journalist. Stop listening to him. 

I agree, somewhat about Ian, but I also appreciate some of what he does. 

I shared it because it became top 10 trending on Twitter, shared by various outlets on the anti-war right and anti-war left. 

Also posted it with a disclaimer, so… relax. 

This clip wasn’t unearthed (or potentially doctored) by Ian Miles Cheong.  He’s simply one of the hundreds of accounts that were tweeting it out. 

And, fwiw…

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I shared it because it became top 10 trending on Twitter, shared by various outlets on the anti-war right and anti-war left. 

This clip wasn’t unearthed (or potentially doctored) by Ian Miles Cheong.  He’s simply one of the hundreds of accounts that were tweeting it out. 

And, fwiw…

Kind of feels like that makes who messed with the video pretty obvious now, they're not exactly subtle.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

And, fwiw…

As someone who edits video for a living, I can pretty much make anyone say whatever I want. I have a pretty strong rule about not altering the context of their words... And I usually make people sound more articulate and impactful...

He could very easily have been talking about how effective the missile defenses have been at sheltering kyiv from Russian missiles, and then said "best money we ever spent." 

Need to view the full unedited video to know if the context is altered. 

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

As someone who edits video for a living, I can pretty much make anyone say whatever I want. I have a pretty strong rule about not altering the context of their words... And I usually make people sound more articulate and impactful...

He could very easily have been talking about how effective the missile defenses have been at sheltering kyiv from Russian missiles, and then said "best money we ever spent." 

Need to view the full unedited video to know if the context is altered. 

I would agree with that.  Which is why I posted it with a disclaimer once I saw it going viral.  

The thing is, it corresponds with Lindsey Graham’s ultra-hawkish rhetoric re: Russia, so it’s believable… whether it’s real or edited, we shall see. 

• Like (+1) 1

No idea if Graham actually has corrupt dealings in Ukraine as alleged by this tweet, but I’d venture a guess quite of few of our politicians on both sides of the aisle do (just research the decades of US involvement and corrupt dealings in Ukraine) …. That said, this is why people take his comments as believable. 

That, and going on Fox everyday demanding we flirt with a world war over Russia/Ukraine. 

Edited by SCBills

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I would agree with that.  Which is why I posted it with a disclaimer once I saw it going viral.  

The thing is, it corresponds with Lindsey Graham’s ultra-hawkish rhetoric re: Russia, so it’s believable… whether it’s real or edited, we shall see. 

Looks like he definitely said both things, but they were not linked in the conversation. 

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-posts-longer-video-lindsay-085723492.html

And it also looks like the Ukrainians edited it that way to basically say F Russians. 

Meanwhile Graham doesn't appear to be throwing Ukriane under the bus, and has said he takes Putin's arrest warrant as a badge of honor...

And yeah, he's always been anti-Putin, and was hoping a Hillary Presidency might mean a Ukrainian offensive to take back Crimea ect. 

• Like (+1) 2

KYIV, Ukraine — A drone attack hit Moscow on Tuesday morning, damaging two residential buildings — the first strike on a civilian area of the Russian capital since President Vladimir Putin launched a brutal invasion of Ukraine more than a year ago. It was almost certainly a prelude to a major escalation in hostilities.

Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia’s war in Ukraine.

The drone attack, which was confirmed by Mayor Sergei Sobyanin, occurred just hours after yet another barrage of Russian airstrikes on Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, which killed at least one person and injured more than a dozen.

Kyiv has been under a relentless assault of near-nightly bombings in recent weeks with Moscow seemingly intent on weakening or destroying Ukraine’s air defenses ahead of a much-anticipated counteroffensive that President Volodymyr Zelensky has said will oust the Russian invaders from Ukraine’s territory.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/05/30/moscow-drones-kyiv-russia-counteroffensive/

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

KYIV, Ukraine — A drone attack hit Moscow on Tuesday morning, damaging two residential buildings — the first strike on a civilian area of the Russian capital since President Vladimir Putin launched a brutal invasion of Ukraine more than a year ago. It was almost certainly a prelude to a major escalation in hostilities.

Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia’s war in Ukraine.

The drone attack, which was confirmed by Mayor Sergei Sobyanin, occurred just hours after yet another barrage of Russian airstrikes on Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, which killed at least one person and injured more than a dozen.

Kyiv has been under a relentless assault of near-nightly bombings in recent weeks with Moscow seemingly intent on weakening or destroying Ukraine’s air defenses ahead of a much-anticipated counteroffensive that President Volodymyr Zelensky has said will oust the Russian invaders from Ukraine’s territory.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/05/30/moscow-drones-kyiv-russia-counteroffensive/

um.  two weeks ago Ukrainian drones attacked the Kremlin.

Now civilians.

seems like its escalating.  Not a good thing for the people/civilians.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

um.  two weeks ago Ukrainian drones attacked the Kremlin.

Now civilians.

seems like its escalating.  Not a good thing for the people/civilians.

Putin just needs to end this now and retreat

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Putin just needs to end this now and retreat

yeah. that's what's happening.

you really got your finger on the pulse of what's going on.

perception dictates one's reality. but perception is not reality.

Perception acts as a lens through which we view reality. Our perceptions influence how we focus on, process, remember, interpret, understand, synthesize, decide about, and act on reality. In doing so, our tendency is to assume that how we perceive reality is an accurate representation of what reality truly is.

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

yeah. that's what's happening.

you really got your finger on the pulse of what's going on.

perception dictates one's reality. but perception is not reality.

Perception acts as a lens through which we view reality. Our perceptions influence how we focus on, process, remember, interpret, understand, synthesize, decide about, and act on reality. In doing so, our tendency is to assume that how we perceive reality is an accurate representation of what reality truly is.

Putin needs to wake up and get out. End this war. It's all on him